Takata Interview Questions in Michigan

Updated Jun 14, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Takata (Pontiac, MI).

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter and she scheduled to screen me the next day which went fairly smoothly.
    A few days later I had a phone screen. The interviewers bombarded me with questions about my PhD and they had negative comments about my line of research.
    I was invited onsite and had a screen with HR first. Then the same people interviewed me again and asked me the same stuff again in more detail but this was a more positive experience.
    The manager did an interview to find out more about me and asked me questions.
    The HR lady got back saying they like me but they want me to finish my PhD before they can make up their mind.

I finished my PhD shortly later and said I am joining another company (which is waaaaay better).

Interview Questions

• Panel interview for phone screen and onsite technical interview:
      Asked me about my project in great detail, things I have worked on, project areas, experience in Stereo imaging.

Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Takata (Auburn Hills, MI) in January 2013.

Interview

2 separate interviews. other engineers, then engineering manager and director. HR very involved.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to come back to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

offer letter. negotiated more vacation.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Takata (Auburn Hills, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process is extremely easy if you have a reference. I had a phone conversation with the hiring manager for about 10 minutes. We scheduled an interview at Takata which took maybe 45 minutes tops. I spoke with Human Resources for 20 minutes and Engineering Management for 25 minutes and that was it. I received a call two days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was "what was the most hardship you've encountered and how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

On the application they had a field for "expected pay" and I filled it out and they gave me that pay. I could have probably asked for more.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Takata (Auburn Hills, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

The Takata interview process is not too bad, but different. After the initial call from HR you are brought into an onsite interview. You first interview with HR, but in a more detailed way then other places. It's like they are you hiring manager. After that you interview with a manager and maybe a lead. Sometimes they will bring in a director also.

Interview Questions

• Do you like doing paperwork?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate and settled for an offer that was level with the job I had been laid off from. They said they have not given raises in 3 years and I would be paid unfairly if they gave me more.

Takata Response

Feb 11, 2015Sr. HR Manager

Thank you for the interview feedback, and for working at Takata! As you have probably found out, the information you were given about raises was inaccurate. The headquarters location in Auburn ... More

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Takata (Detroit, MI) in December 2010.

Interview

Had three interviews with the hiring manager, director and an employee after got a call from HR.
    The HR told me the manager was very impressed with me but they were concerned about my expectation. I contacted the manager to inform that I was flexible. Waited another week or so without getting any feed back. I e-mailed the HR to get no response, e-mailed twice to the manager to get no reply. I think they are lack of professionalism and even rude. It would not cost for them to say no cost me!

Inern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Takata (Auburn Hills, MI) in September 2007.

Interview

Pretty rough interview process for an intern. Did a phone screen, came in for an on site interview, then about a month later came back in for another on site interview where they asked me what I would like my schedule to be, etc. leading me to believe I had the job. 1 week later called back to follow up and got transfered around from person to person to person just to tell me that I was great and all but....

Interview Questions

• What is your golfing average?   1 Answer