Takata Interview Questions in Michigan

Updated Jun 18, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Takata in January 2013.

2 separate interviews. other engineers, then engineering manager and director. HR very involved.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you want to come back to work here?   View Answer
    offer letter. negotiated more vacation.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Takata in November 2011.

The interview process is extremely easy if you have a reference. I had a phone conversation with the hiring manager for about 10 minutes. We scheduled an interview at Takata which took maybe 45 minutes tops. I spoke with Human Resources for 20 minutes and Engineering Management for 25 minutes and that was it. I received a call two days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was "what was the most hardship you've encountered and how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question
    On the application they had a field for "expected pay" and I filled it out and they gave me that pay. I could have probably asked for more.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Takata in January 2011.

The Takata interview process is not too bad, but different. After the initial call from HR you are brought into an onsite interview. You first interview with HR, but in a more detailed way then other places. It's like they are you hiring manager. After that you interview with a manager and maybe a lead. Sometimes they will bring in a director also.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate and settled for an offer that was level with the job I had been laid off from. They said they have not given raises in 3 years and I would be paid unfairly if they gave me more.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Takata in December 2010.

Had three interviews with the hiring manager, director and an employee after got a call from HR.
    The HR told me the manager was very impressed with me but they were concerned about my expectation. I contacted the manager to inform that I was flexible. Waited another week or so without getting any feed back. I e-mailed the HR to get no response, e-mailed twice to the manager to get no reply. I think they are lack of professionalism and even rude. It would not cost for them to say no cost me!

Inern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Takata in September 2007.

Pretty rough interview process for an intern. Did a phone screen, came in for an on site interview, then about a month later came back in for another on site interview where they asked me what I would like my schedule to be, etc. leading me to believe I had the job. 1 week later called back to follow up and got transfered around from person to person to person just to tell me that I was great and all but....

Interview Questions

Worked for Takata? Contribute to the Community!