TakeLessons

www.takelessons.com

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Guitar Instructor Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TakeLessons in January 2011.

TakeLessons.com constantly posts openings for music instructors, on Craigslist. I applied with everything they had asked for: a sketch of your curriculum, books/materials you use, how you might handle this or that situation. I honestly can't remember if there was a personality test involved. References sent. Agree to a background check.

Anyway, about a week after I applied I got an email from someone. Mostly just to confirm who I was. Then the next day was a phone interview, partially to confirm that they are talking to the right person. How you teach: philosophy, experience, etc. Blah blah blah.

I was hired the day after. It seems like they will hire just about any musician interested in teaching who has passed a background check.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TakeLessons

Guitar Instructor Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at TakeLessons in July 2010.

First you apply online. Then you they send e-mails to your references who have 3 days to fill them out and return then (really dumb idea because it takes people 3 days to even get to them or figure them out). Then they decide whether to interview you. Then they decide whether they want to offer you a position. Then there is orientation and they throw you straight into the fire.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot about experience in specific teaching positions and ask about what you would do in situations. Your strengths and weaknesses, etc...   Answer Question
    About half way through my employment they wanted to cut my pay and I was able to negotiate a small raise out of them