Takeda Pharmaceutical

24 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Market Research Analyst Interview

Deerfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical.

Interview Details – Applied through a recruiter. HR phone screen then phone interview with hiring manager. Given basic business case (small amount of data along with questions which needed to be answered using 10 PowerPoint slides) exactly one week before onsite interview. Onsite interview with hiring manager, hr, 2 peers, 3 managers, and 1 director. Got an offer the next week but background check took an additional 3-4 weeks (I think it was just red tape; I don't have a criminal record or financial issues).

I rated this interview as difficult because the business case took a few days to complete and I was asked analytic-thinking questions (not just behavioral questions or questions about past job experiences).

Initially wasn't interested in relocating to Chicago (I lived out of state) but my experience onsite was so positive I accepted their offer immediately.

Interview Questions

• What excel function would you use to return customer first names given the following data   View Answer
  • When would 2 trains traveling at different rate of speeds meet, when would 2 cars traveling at different speeds catch up to one another   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation because the base salary was exactly what I told HR I was looking for (so be sure you have a number in mind!). The rest of the package (bonus, relocation, vacation, etc) was generous so I didn't feel the need to negotiate those either.

Sales Operations Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical.

Interview Details – The first round was a thirty minute phone interview which consisted of standard behavioral questions followed by more information on the day-to-day expectations of an intern. I was invited to tour the office and have three more thirty minute in person interviews. Nothing out of the ordinary; more behavioral questions and the chance to meet a variety of employees.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything very difficult/unexpected.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Deerfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical.

Interview Details – I was contacted by Randstad, the company Takeda works with for HR. Pre-interview was handled very professionally. On-site interviewing process was a bit off-putting - I was taken around to three different people's offices and sometimes felt awkward because there were personal effects visible - would have been better in a conference room.

Interview Question – Not really a difficult questions, just irritating that I was asked the same or similar questions three times because I met with each person individually.   Answer Question

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview: Questions I was asked:

When you have experienced organizational change in a workplace, how did you respond?
How will you bring new business?
How will you identify when and what sale to make?
What is a weakness and how did you turn it into a strength?
What is the most challenging sales environment?
What is your most recent professional achievement?
How would I find ways outside company resources to improve sales performance?

Interview Question – How will you bring new business?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical

Interview Details – Very hard interview, need to do your homework

Interview Question – none really typical interview, study hard   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

Interview Details – very efficient, fast, good recruiting process

Interview Question – what changes would implement if you join the company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – fair

Regulatory Associate Interview

Deerfield, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in September 2011.

Interview Details – The process was straight forward. They interviewed me on the phone and then brought me in for a face to face interview but unlike other interviews, only one person interviewed me.

Interview Question – Do you have experience with FDA meetings.   View Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in January 2013.

Interview Details – Standard Pharma interview process. The phone interview (approx 20 min) was done by an outside company. I then received an email requesting a live interview, with a link to choose the time and date that would work for me. I did two live interviews with the district manager and was asked all your standard STAR format questions ("tell me about a time....") but I could tell they wanted someone who had more experience in the territory they were hiring for. I did not hear back from Takeda until nearly 3 weeks later (via email).

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had an interpersonal conflict with a colleague.   Answer Question

Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in June 2009.

Interview Details – I first had a phone screen after I submitted my resume and followed up about 5 times with the hiring manager. We then agreed to meet the one on one interview. I was then flown to the regional HQ to meet with the Regional Sales Director. I had to sit around and wait to speak with the RSD for almost 2 hours and then had about a 20 minute interview.

Interview Question – The questions were all normal and nothing stood out as unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The position was contingent on the approval of a new drug so I had to wait about a month before I knew if I actually had the job.

Associate Scientist Interview

South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in August 2008.

Interview Details – Typical, Elaborate, Expected.
- full day of one-on-one interviews with other employees, HR, CEO, and hiring manager.
- presentation at noon
- drug test to follow

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Just be ready for a long day. Nice and personable conversations. Have references on hand. It was helpful to go in having read everyones most recent publications.Got home that evening and wrote everyone a letter (email) to thank them.... then waited.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was very happy with the offer, and looked forward to working with the people I met there. Some were friends from previous jobs, and it was a real pleasure to have the opportunity to join them in this fresh effort to establish a start-up dedicated to development of antibody therapeutics in oncology.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Takeda Pharmaceutical

Worked for Takeda Pharmaceutical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Takeda Pharmaceutical interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Takeda Pharmaceutical employees and interview candidates.