Takeda Pharmaceutical

Getting the Interview

24 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

COMPLIANCE EMERGING MARKETS Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in March 2012.

Interview Details – 25 Minutes telephone interview with one HR and the line manager, both seems to be sleeping from minute 1, the HR manager in a bad english tried to make some "HR" teoric questions.

Interview Question – The interviewers looked like amateurs   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Deerfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical.

Interview Details – Applied through a recruiter. HR phone screen then phone interview with hiring manager. Given basic business case (small amount of data along with questions which needed to be answered using 10 PowerPoint slides) exactly one week before onsite interview. Onsite interview with hiring manager, hr, 2 peers, 3 managers, and 1 director. Got an offer the next week but background check took an additional 3-4 weeks (I think it was just red tape; I don't have a criminal record or financial issues).

I rated this interview as difficult because the business case took a few days to complete and I was asked analytic-thinking questions (not just behavioral questions or questions about past job experiences).

Initially wasn't interested in relocating to Chicago (I lived out of state) but my experience onsite was so positive I accepted their offer immediately.

Interview Questions

• What excel function would you use to return customer first names given the following data   View Answer
  • When would 2 trains traveling at different rate of speeds meet, when would 2 cars traveling at different speeds catch up to one another   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation because the base salary was exactly what I told HR I was looking for (so be sure you have a number in mind!). The rest of the package (bonus, relocation, vacation, etc) was generous so I didn't feel the need to negotiate those either.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in April 2011.

Interview Details – Initial contact was a corporate recruiter phone screen. After this I was called and given the opportunity to have a phone interview with the District Manager. This lasted an hour and was your standard format phone screen, reviewing resume, sales experience, explaining why you want to work there, what you know about the company. Make sure to brush up on the current Takeda drugs on the market, the District Manager really expected that I know more than a handful. Even though I nailed it, this was a uneventful and boring interview. 2 weeks later I was called and offered a F2F with the District Manager. I showed up to the interview on time and waited 30 minutes in the hotel lobby before he walked out to tell me it would be 15-20 more minutes. At this point I was wasting his time because my decision was already made not to work here. About 50 minutes after my scheduled interview time he finally came out to grab me for my interview...and wow. I would never work with somebody that carried himself like he did. I think he asked me about 6 times in the interview, "why Takeda". TERRIBLE INTERVIEWER. Every question he asked was a regurgitation of the phone interview, and I mean the exact same questions in the same order. The entire time I was thinking in my head, "i would never work for this person". After wasting my time by repeating myself in person, I was directed to interview with another District Manager. Total F2F interview time was about 2 hours (not factoring in the 50 minute delay).

Interview Questions

• If you had the opportunity to eat dinner with 3 people (any 3 people fiction or non-fiction) who would they be and why?   Answer Question
  • What is personal leadership?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in April 2012.

Interview Details – Good people. Challenging questions but easy to talk. very conversational

Interview Questions

• Name some specific things you did in preparation for this interview?   Answer Question
  • Give me a situation where you had to "switch gears" or alter your "plan of attack"   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Quality Assurance

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in January 2010.

Interview Details – Formal company - dress up for this place and be prepared for challenging question that have a person later on in the process but seem to be odd up front.

Interview Question – How do you get along with a diverse group of people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good offer up front

Communications Interview

Deerfield, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was a little disconnected. The process wasn't very laid out.

Interview Question – What is a particular compentency that you need to improve on?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Deerfield, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in February 2010.

Interview Details – They asked pretty standard behavioral questions. They said they would get back to me with a yes or a no if they wanted an office interview. They never got back to me, nor did they answer my email follow-up four weeks later

Category Analyst Interview

Deerfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in October 2008.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who was looking to fill a position. I started off with a phone interview followed by an in-person interview with an HR representative, a future colleague and two Directors.

Overall, it wasn't too bad. Didn't ask me any really crazy questions. Pretty much the normal, expected type of interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been involved in a situation where you and a boss/colleague had a disagreement over a strategy? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question
  • Name a weakness of yours.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were already offering me $10k more than I was making and I was young and naive and didn't ask for more.

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview: Questions I was asked:

When you have experienced organizational change in a workplace, how did you respond?
How will you bring new business?
How will you identify when and what sale to make?
What is a weakness and how did you turn it into a strength?
What is the most challenging sales environment?
What is your most recent professional achievement?
How would I find ways outside company resources to improve sales performance?

Interview Question – How will you bring new business?   Answer Question

Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in June 2009.

Interview Details – I first had a phone screen after I submitted my resume and followed up about 5 times with the hiring manager. We then agreed to meet the one on one interview. I was then flown to the regional HQ to meet with the Regional Sales Director. I had to sit around and wait to speak with the RSD for almost 2 hours and then had about a 20 minute interview.

Interview Question – The questions were all normal and nothing stood out as unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The position was contingent on the approval of a new drug so I had to wait about a month before I knew if I actually had the job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Takeda Pharmaceutical

Worked for Takeda Pharmaceutical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Takeda Pharmaceutical interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Takeda Pharmaceutical employees and interview candidates.