Takeda Pharmaceutical

www.takeda.com

Takeda Pharmaceutical Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Stockton, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in June 2014.

Interview Details – It was pretty much to be expected, but unfortunately I was so tired I completely bombed the interview...luckily I was so tired I didn't even care about it. They flew me down to LA in the early morning and I did not get enough sleep the night before to be on my A game...BOO, but everyone was very nice and there is no need to be nervous.

Interview Question – How to peruade someone   View Answer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical.

Interview Details – Three rounds of interviews seemed like a bit of overkill, but they were pleasant and low pressure. I was impressed. The panel interview was the least productive, but it was not a pressure situation. The entire process dragged out over a few months which was difficult.

Interview Question – The obsolete strength and weaknesses question was asked.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in April 2014.

Interview Details – My personal interview experience with Takeda was incredible! First I had a telephone interview, then an online assesment, then a F2F interview, and finally I was flown to Atlanta for my final interview. The phone interview was very basic, "Tell me about yourself." "Why do you want to be n pharma sales?" The F2F was completely behavioral based, "Tell me about a time when.." It took about 2 days to find out that I was accepted for the final interview. In Atlanta I met with two different Takeda employees. The first was again all behavioral questions, and I was asked to sell something in the room. The second interview was similar to the first. Both were extremely professional, and VERY comfortable. I received a call 2 days later with the job offer.

Interview Question – There really were not any difficult questions. Just prepare yourself for behavioral questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview: Questions I was asked:

When you have experienced organizational change in a workplace, how did you respond?
How will you bring new business?
How will you identify when and what sale to make?
What is a weakness and how did you turn it into a strength?
What is the most challenging sales environment?
What is your most recent professional achievement?
How would I find ways outside company resources to improve sales performance?

Interview Question – How will you bring new business?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical

Interview Details – Very hard interview, need to do your homework

Interview Question – none really typical interview, study hard   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in January 2013.

Interview Details – Standard Pharma interview process. The phone interview (approx 20 min) was done by an outside company. I then received an email requesting a live interview, with a link to choose the time and date that would work for me. I did two live interviews with the district manager and was asked all your standard STAR format questions ("tell me about a time....") but I could tell they wanted someone who had more experience in the territory they were hiring for. I did not hear back from Takeda until nearly 3 weeks later (via email).

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had an interpersonal conflict with a colleague.   Answer Question

Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in June 2009.

Interview Details – I first had a phone screen after I submitted my resume and followed up about 5 times with the hiring manager. We then agreed to meet the one on one interview. I was then flown to the regional HQ to meet with the Regional Sales Director. I had to sit around and wait to speak with the RSD for almost 2 hours and then had about a 20 minute interview.

Interview Question – The questions were all normal and nothing stood out as unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The position was contingent on the approval of a new drug so I had to wait about a month before I knew if I actually had the job.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in April 2011.

Interview Details – Initial contact was a corporate recruiter phone screen. After this I was called and given the opportunity to have a phone interview with the District Manager. This lasted an hour and was your standard format phone screen, reviewing resume, sales experience, explaining why you want to work there, what you know about the company. Make sure to brush up on the current Takeda drugs on the market, the District Manager really expected that I know more than a handful. Even though I nailed it, this was a uneventful and boring interview. 2 weeks later I was called and offered a F2F with the District Manager. I showed up to the interview on time and waited 30 minutes in the hotel lobby before he walked out to tell me it would be 15-20 more minutes. At this point I was wasting his time because my decision was already made not to work here. About 50 minutes after my scheduled interview time he finally came out to grab me for my interview...and wow. I would never work with somebody that carried himself like he did. I think he asked me about 6 times in the interview, "why Takeda". TERRIBLE INTERVIEWER. Every question he asked was a regurgitation of the phone interview, and I mean the exact same questions in the same order. The entire time I was thinking in my head, "i would never work for this person". After wasting my time by repeating myself in person, I was directed to interview with another District Manager. Total F2F interview time was about 2 hours (not factoring in the 50 minute delay).

Interview Questions

• If you had the opportunity to eat dinner with 3 people (any 3 people fiction or non-fiction) who would they be and why?   Answer Question
  • What is personal leadership?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Takeda Pharmaceutical

Worked for Takeda Pharmaceutical? Contribute to the Community!