Takeda Pharmaceutical Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.9

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical.

I had the first interview over HireVu and it was a pretty weird interview if you've never done one like that before. It seems strange talking at a computer. I got through to the next round where the lady spent only a couple minutes with me on the phone and they decided I didn't have enough experience.

Interview Questions
  • Almost all of the questions were related to past B2B sales experience and I was right out of college so I felt that wasn't great on their part considering they were looking for someone to fill an entry level position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Takeda Pharmaceutical

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in September 2014.

Applied online through a company referral for an Entry Level position. Contacted by phone the next day with a representative from the contract company Quintiles. Representative gave me an overview of the position, pay, benefits, etc.. then proceeded to ask me basic questions regarding my resume, education, and why I want to work in this industry. Had to do a personality assessment online and would be contacted if "approved".

Next day received an email inviting me to the Face-to-face interview in Houston. The email also listed items to bring- brag book, presentation to sell, copies of my resume. Flew me out (all transportation covered) and met with the hiring manager. Be familiar with the STAR format to answer the behavioral type questions. "Tell me about a time..." Very comfortable and easy interview if you come prepared with "stories" to answer the questions. No presentation of "sell me something" was asked.

Couple of days later I received a phone call letting me know I was advancing to the final interview in Dallas. He sent me an email with ways to prepare for the interview, once again flew me out to Dallas where I met with the District Sales Manager and Regional Manager of Takeda. Very comfortable setting, asked me about myself, a few behavioral type questions, why I want to work here and what do I know about the company. Over all very easy process.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you found it difficult to persuade somebody to buy your product"
      "Tell me about a time you were put in a stressful situation, and how did you overcome it"
        Answer Question
    Excellent pay, benefits, bonuses, company car... No negotiation necessary

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in June 2014.

It was pretty much to be expected, but unfortunately I was so tired I completely bombed the interview...luckily I was so tired I didn't even care about it. They flew me down to LA in the early morning and I did not get enough sleep the night before to be on my A game...BOO, but everyone was very nice and there is no need to be nervous.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical.

Three rounds of interviews seemed like a bit of overkill, but they were pleasant and low pressure. I was impressed. The panel interview was the least productive, but it was not a pressure situation. The entire process dragged out over a few months which was difficult.

Interview Questions
    • The obsolete strength and weaknesses question was asked.   View Answer
    No negotiations

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in April 2014.

My personal interview experience with Takeda was incredible! First I had a telephone interview, then an online assesment, then a F2F interview, and finally I was flown to Atlanta for my final interview. The phone interview was very basic, "Tell me about yourself." "Why do you want to be n pharma sales?" The F2F was completely behavioral based, "Tell me about a time when.." It took about 2 days to find out that I was accepted for the final interview. In Atlanta I met with two different Takeda employees. The first was again all behavioral questions, and I was asked to sell something in the room. The second interview was similar to the first. Both were extremely professional, and VERY comfortable. I received a call 2 days later with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • There really were not any difficult questions. Just prepare yourself for behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in June 2013.

Phone Interview: Questions I was asked:

When you have experienced organizational change in a workplace, how did you respond?
    How will you bring new business?
    How will you identify when and what sale to make?
    What is a weakness and how did you turn it into a strength?
    What is the most challenging sales environment?
    What is your most recent professional achievement?
    How would I find ways outside company resources to improve sales performance?

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Very hard interview, need to do your homework

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in January 2013.

Standard Pharma interview process. The phone interview (approx 20 min) was done by an outside company. I then received an email requesting a live interview, with a link to choose the time and date that would work for me. I did two live interviews with the district manager and was asked all your standard STAR format questions ("tell me about a time....") but I could tell they wanted someone who had more experience in the territory they were hiring for. I did not hear back from Takeda until nearly 3 weeks later (via email).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had an interpersonal conflict with a colleague.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in June 2009.

I first had a phone screen after I submitted my resume and followed up about 5 times with the hiring manager. We then agreed to meet the one on one interview. I was then flown to the regional HQ to meet with the Regional Sales Director. I had to sit around and wait to speak with the RSD for almost 2 hours and then had about a 20 minute interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all normal and nothing stood out as unexpected.   Answer Question
    The position was contingent on the approval of a new drug so I had to wait about a month before I knew if I actually had the job.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in April 2011.

Initial contact was a corporate recruiter phone screen. After this I was called and given the opportunity to have a phone interview with the District Manager. This lasted an hour and was your standard format phone screen, reviewing resume, sales experience, explaining why you want to work there, what you know about the company. Make sure to brush up on the current Takeda drugs on the market, the District Manager really expected that I know more than a handful. Even though I nailed it, this was a uneventful and boring interview. 2 weeks later I was called and offered a F2F with the District Manager. I showed up to the interview on time and waited 30 minutes in the hotel lobby before he walked out to tell me it would be 15-20 more minutes. At this point I was wasting his time because my decision was already made not to work here. About 50 minutes after my scheduled interview time he finally came out to grab me for my interview...and wow. I would never work with somebody that carried himself like he did. I think he asked me about 6 times in the interview, "why Takeda". TERRIBLE INTERVIEWER. Every question he asked was a regurgitation of the phone interview, and I mean the exact same questions in the same order. The entire time I was thinking in my head, "i would never work for this person". After wasting my time by repeating myself in person, I was directed to interview with another District Manager. Total F2F interview time was about 2 hours (not factoring in the 50 minute delay).

Interview Questions
    • If you had the opportunity to eat dinner with 3 people (any 3 people fiction or non-fiction) who would they be and why?   Answer Question
    • What is personal leadership?   View Answer

Worked for Takeda Pharmaceutical? Contribute to the Community!