Takeda Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

3.1

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then received email to schedule first interview via email / online. First interview was with two district managers and then 2 weeks later a second (final) interview with DM and RSD. Received rejection email "thank you for your application but position has been filled" about 2 weeks after final interview. Kind of a long process but overall was very fair. Prepare to have some of your responses challenged. Was not asked to sell anything (ea: pen)

Interview Questions

• Why Takeda? Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a co worker? What is your greatest weakness? If your best friend were to describe your best attribute, what would it be?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Sacramento, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very basic, straight forward, STAR questions. It was a one on one interview. Before the face-to-face there was a Skype type interview. I believe it was with a company called HireVue, important, go through practice interview questions if you have not gone through this process! You are asked questions and have 30 seconds to think before your three minutes to answer. Again all the basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for the conflict with co-worker quesion... had a few co-worker questions. Biggest achievement?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in July 2015.

Interview

video interview conducted from my iphone. The format took some getting used to (you read the question and have 30 seconds to think about your answer. Then, you have up to 3 minutes to answer). There are no second chances but you can practice the samples questions as many times as you want. I completed it a week ago and have not gotten a return call yet.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider the biggest accomplishment to this point in your career?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application, in 2 days, I received an invitation for video interview. One day later, I receive an email for a personal interview. I am going to have it next week.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with the HR folllowed by phone interview with the hiring manager and an on site interview. Before the face to face interview, I was aked to provide 7 references on Checkster. Although the job location was in Cambridge, MA, the interview was in Illinois and I was not informed that the onsite interview would be in Illinois until I got my travel itinerary. I also git stuck at the airport and Takeda didn't provide a hotel room nor fiod. It was a total waste of time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in May 2015.

Interview

Long and drawn out process. Did not like the fact that they take so long to get back to you. Applied via a employee referral and then did a phone screen. After that I waited almost three weeks and the District Manager contacted me for a face to face. He then cancelled a few days before the interview was to take place. Also, during this time waiting for my face to face; they had me supply them with 7 references for quickster. This was my first time using quickster and I have to say it was a horrible experience. First, they want only email addresses for your references that are work related; or else you have to supply an explanation to quickster on where they took the survey Just a weird experience when you receive a email from quickster asking you to find out where your references took the survey. Anyway, a few days after the DM cancelled my face to face; Takeda recruiting contacted me saying they had moved forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult partner or co-worker and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in April 2015.

Interview

1st an online application. The next day I was asked to schedule an online video recorded interview. The day following I received a notification to schedule a phone interview. It was a very odd phone interview and not what I had expected. She asked basic legal questions, why I left my past jobs and how much I expected to make, all which I had previously answered on my applications. At which the interview ended.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever not gotten along with a co-worker and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an old co-worker. I received and email asking me to do an "on demand" video interview. After I submitted that, I received an email asking for 7-25 references. They use an online reference checker where they send an email and ask those references to answer a series of questions. However, regardless of whether your references are a direct supervisor or a fellow coworker, the questions are asked as if they were all supervisors. I then got a face to face interview with the divisional manager. Next step would've been an interview in Chicago with top management.

Interview Questions

• If I were to call your manager after this interview, what would he/she say is your biggest weakness or something you need the most work on?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and received an automated email the following day to complete the next step in the hiring process which was an online recorded interview. Takeda uses an outside vendor called HireVue for their recorded interview. I completed it a few days later. Less than a week later, I received confirmation from Takeda saying they received my recording and were reviewing my information. Nine days later, I received an email inviting me to a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. The interview took place at a nearby hotel, along with another manager. They informed me that they are looking to fill the position by the end of the following month and had several other candidates to interview. I never received a follow-up directly from them. Only after checking my online profile did I find that I did not pass to the next step.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions to assess your experience level   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The process is lengthy... I applied online and got a video interview first.. You need to answer questions from a computer with no people on the other end. The next step is a phone interview with district manager that spent 15 minutes with you on the phone to determine how well you fit. Then I interviewed face to face with 2 district managers which went really well. The final interview was with regional sales director. We spend an hour to talk about the position and company, the industry. Overall it is a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why pharmaceutical sales? Why do you want to work for Takeda?   Answer Question