Takeda Pharmaceuticals

Takeda Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2014
Updated Nov 7, 2014

COMPLIANCE EMERGING MARKETS Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in March 2012.

25 Minutes telephone interview with one HR and the line manager, both seems to be sleeping from minute 1, the HR manager in a bad english tried to make some "HR" teoric questions.

Sales Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in April 2012.

Good people. Challenging questions but easy to talk. very conversational

Interview Questions
    • Name some specific things you did in preparation for this interview?   Answer Question
    • Give me a situation where you had to "switch gears" or alter your "plan of attack"   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online – interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in July 2013.

The interview was conducted by the RDM and DM. There were a lot of STAR questions and going over my resume. I was told that if I was not selected I would be given a feedback on why not. Never happen got the generic rejection e-mail instead. The interviewers tend to speak at you instead of with you. At the beginning they tell you all about the company that is displayed on their website; then during the interview they basically asked you to tell them about the Company again.....I didn't get that

Interview Questions
    • What areas in your life need more development?   View Answer

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Applied through a recruiter. HR phone screen then phone interview with hiring manager. Given basic business case (small amount of data along with questions which needed to be answered using 10 PowerPoint slides) exactly one week before onsite interview. Onsite interview with hiring manager, hr, 2 peers, 3 managers, and 1 director. Got an offer the next week but background check took an additional 3-4 weeks (I think it was just red tape; I don't have a criminal record or financial issues).

I rated this interview as difficult because the business case took a few days to complete and I was asked analytic-thinking questions (not just behavioral questions or questions about past job experiences).

Initially wasn't interested in relocating to Chicago (I lived out of state) but my experience onsite was so positive I accepted their offer immediately.

Interview Questions
    • What excel function would you use to return customer first names given the following data   View Answer
    • When would 2 trains traveling at different rate of speeds meet, when would 2 cars traveling at different speeds catch up to one another   View Answer
    No negotiation because the base salary was exactly what I told HR I was looking for (so be sure you have a number in mind!). The rest of the package (bonus, relocation, vacation, etc) was generous so I didn't feel the need to negotiate those either.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in October 2009.

The interview process was a little disconnected. The process wasn't very laid out.

Interview Questions
    • What is a particular compentency that you need to improve on?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in April 2011.

Initial contact was a corporate recruiter phone screen. After this I was called and given the opportunity to have a phone interview with the District Manager. This lasted an hour and was your standard format phone screen, reviewing resume, sales experience, explaining why you want to work there, what you know about the company. Make sure to brush up on the current Takeda drugs on the market, the District Manager really expected that I know more than a handful. Even though I nailed it, this was a uneventful and boring interview. 2 weeks later I was called and offered a F2F with the District Manager. I showed up to the interview on time and waited 30 minutes in the hotel lobby before he walked out to tell me it would be 15-20 more minutes. At this point I was wasting his time because my decision was already made not to work here. About 50 minutes after my scheduled interview time he finally came out to grab me for my interview...and wow. I would never work with somebody that carried himself like he did. I think he asked me about 6 times in the interview, "why Takeda". TERRIBLE INTERVIEWER. Every question he asked was a regurgitation of the phone interview, and I mean the exact same questions in the same order. The entire time I was thinking in my head, "i would never work for this person". After wasting my time by repeating myself in person, I was directed to interview with another District Manager. Total F2F interview time was about 2 hours (not factoring in the 50 minute delay).

Interview Questions
    • If you had the opportunity to eat dinner with 3 people (any 3 people fiction or non-fiction) who would they be and why?   Answer Question
    • What is personal leadership?   View Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in January 2010.

Formal company - dress up for this place and be prepared for challenging question that have a person later on in the process but seem to be odd up front.

Good offer up front

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

I received an email to perform a video recording of myself on hirevu. Similar to skype. Only I was watching myself and it records me and someone somewhere reviews my responses and that's all I have. No one has answered me or anything. All automated emails so I have no one to reach out to either

Interview Questions
    • A lot of scenario questions based on real life examples   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

I applied through my university by sending a CV and Cover letter which were passed onto the company. I was then given 3 days to do a digital interview on the computer which involved 3 questions. Once passed that step there was an assessment day. Assessment day included interview (2 on the panel), fact finding exercise and presentation. People were really professional but easy to talk to and welcoming. Nice atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • The question that caught me out most was - Tell us about a time you used your persuasive skills/attitude.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutial Scientist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in November 2013.

interesting process. back to back 7 people may interview. may need training since some interviewers very rude. Let you stay alone in a room for 30 minutes. then next person comes says I don't have time tell me what you got or says nothing. This supposed to be a "stress" interview. Get a grip. Then for lunch without your selection asked "sandwich" is ordered but your diet is not concerned even if you are a diabetic or has to follow a special diet due to health or other reasons. Nope...but an unhappy interview person may place a specially ordered salad! that shows you are not a human to be respected. Then, someone comes back and ask again how you do the experiment to the microliter level specific but they don't tell you what the assay is targeting!! Possibly asked you to do 50 surgeries on animals for cardiovascular response of their drugs. RUN FOREST RUN!

Interview Questions
    • Many odd questions. Unspecific so called scientific question with no coherent value. You feel as if you came to be interrogated and being punished. They need to be trained   Answer Question