Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America.

Interview Details – The interview process is long, and slow with this company. The actual interview with the District Managers is your typical sales interview type question like: Tell me about a time when..... It was a low pressure interview but lengthy, I spent about 45 with each person. I brought a Brag Book as suggested by the interview instructions, but no one asked to see it.

Interview Question – If you had to choose another career, what would it be.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

MSL Interview

MSL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America in February 2010.

Interview Details – I got the opportunity through networking. The process was smooth and easy. I knew that I had the job if I wanted it. I had to give a presentation on a drug I knew very well. Most of the questions were easy. No curveballs.

Negotiation Details – They were not very willing to go beyond the offer. To be fair, it was a good deal as such.

Professional Sales Representative Interview

Professional Sales Representative

Interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America

Interview Details – Process follows a very structured pattern of several interviews starting with a phone interview and leading to several in-person interviews. Expect a wide variety of questions that demonstrate the ability to think critically and on your feet.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions require a number of answers and require describing not only what your actions were, but the outcome and how it impacted others.   Answer Question

Professional Sales Representative Interview

Professional Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America.

Interview Details – District Manager phone call, District Manager personal interview, District Manager/Regional Manager personal interview. The process was fairly quick once it started. All steps leading up to getting hired took approximately 2 weeks. I was barely able to give 2 weeks notice for my other job since they wanted me on board right away to get into the upcoming training meeting.

Interview Question – I was told to sell the manager's pen to him.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – At the time, the salary offered was very favorable to what I was receiving at my previous job and I was up against someone with more sales experience so I took their offer.

Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America in October 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screen, DM interview then RSD interview.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult counterpart to work with, what did you do.   View Answer

Statistician Interview

Statistician

Interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America

Interview Details – phone interview, talk about research project, location preference.

Interview Question – pretty normal, nothing difficult, maybe somewhat unprepared when the interviewee introduced the internship project to me and ask my opinion?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America in March 2013.

Interview Details – The Interview Process was very long. I think I applied for a job in January and I had to fill out another form in February. Had a phone interview in March and never heard back from the company so obviously I didn't get the internship.

Interview Question – There really wasn't a difficult question. The questions were your typical standard HR questions.   Answer Question

Hackensack, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America in August 2009.

Interview Details – You must interview with 2 managers and the Regional Sales Director. The process is fairly straightforward compared to other companies that make you detail as a requirement for employment.

Interview Question – How would you move Mount Fuji? If you didn't know where it was, you probably wouldn't have gotten the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since I was new to sales there was no negotiation.

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America in August 2013.

Interview Details – Soon after I applied online, I was invited to take an online interview. This was a one-way webcam interview, to be completed at my leisure before a set deadline. I had 30 seconds to read the question and formulate an answer, then was allowed up to 3 minutes to deliver each response. This was supposed to provide their HR a more consistent interview conduct and an efficient way of reviewing the candidates.

Although I understand the reasons they gave for this approach, I was disappointed by the lack of face-to-face (human) interaction. The questions were standard, but talking to a camera was difficult. I completed the interview for the experience, but wondered if I would really want to work for a company that automates their Human Resources.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions--these were fairly standard HR questions, and not specific to the job. One question focused on flexibility to change in the workplace.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
Hartford, CT

I applied online - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted by the RDM and DM. There were a lot of STAR questions and going over my resume. I was told that if I was not selected I would be given a feedback on why not. Never happen got the generic rejection e-mail instead. The interviewers tend to speak at you instead of with you. At the beginning they tell you all about the company that is displayed on their website; then during the interview they basically asked you to tell them about the Company again.....I didn't get that

Interview Question – What areas in your life need more development?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America

Worked for Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America employees and interview candidates.