Takeda Pharmaceuticals Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Straightforward and formal process. First phone interview, then first in-person interview. Next interview with district manager, then flown out to final interview with regional sales manager. Lots of behavioral questions. Be prepared with answers in STAR format. Online sales/personality test as well. Overall what I expected from the process

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone. Tell me about a time you could not overcome objections. Tell me about a time you closed a sale and what techniques you used   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Takeda Pharmaceuticals

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

I had the first interview over HireVu and it was a pretty weird interview if you've never done one like that before. It seems strange talking at a computer. I got through to the next round where the lady spent only a couple minutes with me on the phone and they decided I didn't have enough experience.

Interview Questions
    • Almost all of the questions were related to past B2B sales experience and I was right out of college so I felt that wasn't great on their part considering they were looking for someone to fill an entry level position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in September 2014.

Applied online through a company referral for an Entry Level position. Contacted by phone the next day with a representative from the contract company Quintiles. Representative gave me an overview of the position, pay, benefits, etc.. then proceeded to ask me basic questions regarding my resume, education, and why I want to work in this industry. Had to do a personality assessment online and would be contacted if "approved".

Next day received an email inviting me to the Face-to-face interview in Houston. The email also listed items to bring- brag book, presentation to sell, copies of my resume. Flew me out (all transportation covered) and met with the hiring manager. Be familiar with the STAR format to answer the behavioral type questions. "Tell me about a time..." Very comfortable and easy interview if you come prepared with "stories" to answer the questions. No presentation of "sell me something" was asked.

Couple of days later I received a phone call letting me know I was advancing to the final interview in Dallas. He sent me an email with ways to prepare for the interview, once again flew me out to Dallas where I met with the District Sales Manager and Regional Manager of Takeda. Very comfortable setting, asked me about myself, a few behavioral type questions, why I want to work here and what do I know about the company. Over all very easy process.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you found it difficult to persuade somebody to buy your product"
      "Tell me about a time you were put in a stressful situation, and how did you overcome it"
        Answer Question
    Excellent pay, benefits, bonuses, company car... No negotiation necessary

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Three rounds of interviews seemed like a bit of overkill, but they were pleasant and low pressure. I was impressed. The panel interview was the least productive, but it was not a pressure situation. The entire process dragged out over a few months which was difficult.

Interview Questions
    • The obsolete strength and weaknesses question was asked.   View Answer
    No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in June 2014.

It was pretty much to be expected, but unfortunately I was so tired I completely bombed the interview...luckily I was so tired I didn't even care about it. They flew me down to LA in the early morning and I did not get enough sleep the night before to be on my A game...BOO, but everyone was very nice and there is no need to be nervous.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in April 2014.

My personal interview experience with Takeda was incredible! First I had a telephone interview, then an online assesment, then a F2F interview, and finally I was flown to Atlanta for my final interview. The phone interview was very basic, "Tell me about yourself." "Why do you want to be n pharma sales?" The F2F was completely behavioral based, "Tell me about a time when.." It took about 2 days to find out that I was accepted for the final interview. In Atlanta I met with two different Takeda employees. The first was again all behavioral questions, and I was asked to sell something in the room. The second interview was similar to the first. Both were extremely professional, and VERY comfortable. I received a call 2 days later with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • There really were not any difficult questions. Just prepare yourself for behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online – interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in July 2013.

The interview was conducted by the RDM and DM. There were a lot of STAR questions and going over my resume. I was told that if I was not selected I would be given a feedback on why not. Never happen got the generic rejection e-mail instead. The interviewers tend to speak at you instead of with you. At the beginning they tell you all about the company that is displayed on their website; then during the interview they basically asked you to tell them about the Company again.....I didn't get that

Interview Questions
    • What areas in your life need more development?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in June 2013.

Phone Interview: Questions I was asked:

When you have experienced organizational change in a workplace, how did you respond?
    How will you bring new business?
    How will you identify when and what sale to make?
    What is a weakness and how did you turn it into a strength?
    What is the most challenging sales environment?
    What is your most recent professional achievement?
    How would I find ways outside company resources to improve sales performance?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in May 2013.

I received a screening phone interview. Then I received a phone call from the hiring manager with some questions on my resume. Face to face interview was limited to one hour. He was interviewing candidates one right after the other. I saw the candidate before me leave. When he interviewed me, I felt like he already had his mind made up before he interviewed me. At the end when I wanted to show him some things in my portfolio, he said "Make it brief. We want to be fair to the other candidates and not go over on time." He also stated that the hardest part of his job is giving people bad news. This also made me think he was just going through the motions with my interview like he had to do so many interviews to prove to his boss that he had explored all options before choosing the one he wanted. There was also another representative from the field in on the interview. This was completely unannounced that I was going to be interviewing with two people. In the end I received a computer generated e-mail that I had not been selected. I thought that was interesting that the manager did not actually give me the "bad news".

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you over someone else? Do you know the reps that are in this territory?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Very hard interview, need to do your homework