Takeda Pharmaceuticals Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in July 2015.

Interview

video interview conducted from my iphone. The format took some getting used to (you read the question and have 30 seconds to think about your answer. Then, you have up to 3 minutes to answer). There are no second chances but you can practice the samples questions as many times as you want. I completed it a week ago and have not gotten a return call yet.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider the biggest accomplishment to this point in your career?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Takeda Pharmaceuticals

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in May 2015.

Interview

Long and drawn out process. Did not like the fact that they take so long to get back to you. Applied via a employee referral and then did a phone screen. After that I waited almost three weeks and the District Manager contacted me for a face to face. He then cancelled a few days before the interview was to take place. Also, during this time waiting for my face to face; they had me supply them with 7 references for quickster. This was my first time using quickster and I have to say it was a horrible experience. First, they want only email addresses for your references that are work related; or else you have to supply an explanation to quickster on where they took the survey Just a weird experience when you receive a email from quickster asking you to find out where your references took the survey. Anyway, a few days after the DM cancelled my face to face; Takeda recruiting contacted me saying they had moved forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult partner or co-worker and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in April 2015.

Interview

1st an online application. The next day I was asked to schedule an online video recorded interview. The day following I received a notification to schedule a phone interview. It was a very odd phone interview and not what I had expected. She asked basic legal questions, why I left my past jobs and how much I expected to make, all which I had previously answered on my applications. At which the interview ended.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever not gotten along with a co-worker and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and received an automated email the following day to complete the next step in the hiring process which was an online recorded interview. Takeda uses an outside vendor called HireVue for their recorded interview. I completed it a few days later. Less than a week later, I received confirmation from Takeda saying they received my recording and were reviewing my information. Nine days later, I received an email inviting me to a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. The interview took place at a nearby hotel, along with another manager. They informed me that they are looking to fill the position by the end of the following month and had several other candidates to interview. I never received a follow-up directly from them. Only after checking my online profile did I find that I did not pass to the next step.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions to assess your experience level   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The process is lengthy... I applied online and got a video interview first.. You need to answer questions from a computer with no people on the other end. The next step is a phone interview with district manager that spent 15 minutes with you on the phone to determine how well you fit. Then I interviewed face to face with 2 district managers which went really well. The final interview was with regional sales director. We spend an hour to talk about the position and company, the industry. Overall it is a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why pharmaceutical sales? Why do you want to work for Takeda?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Straightforward and formal process. First phone interview, then first in-person interview. Next interview with district manager, then flown out to final interview with regional sales manager. Lots of behavioral questions. Be prepared with answers in STAR format. Online sales/personality test as well. Overall what I expected from the process

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone. Tell me about a time you could not overcome objections. Tell me about a time you closed a sale and what techniques you used   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

I had the first interview over HireVu and it was a pretty weird interview if you've never done one like that before. It seems strange talking at a computer. I got through to the next round where the lady spent only a couple minutes with me on the phone and they decided I didn't have enough experience.

Interview Questions

• Almost all of the questions were related to past B2B sales experience and I was right out of college so I felt that wasn't great on their part considering they were looking for someone to fill an entry level position.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (San Antonio, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online through a company referral for an Entry Level position. Contacted by phone the next day with a representative from the contract company Quintiles. Representative gave me an overview of the position, pay, benefits, etc.. then proceeded to ask me basic questions regarding my resume, education, and why I want to work in this industry. Had to do a personality assessment online and would be contacted if "approved". Next day received an email inviting me to the Face-to-face interview in Houston. The email also listed items to bring- brag book, presentation to sell, copies of my resume. Flew me out (all transportation covered) and met with the hiring manager. Be familiar with the STAR format to answer the behavioral type questions. "Tell me about a time..." Very comfortable and easy interview if you come prepared with "stories" to answer the questions. No presentation of "sell me something" was asked. Couple of days later I received a phone call letting me know I was advancing to the final interview in Dallas. He sent me an email with ways to prepare for the interview, once again flew me out to Dallas where I met with the District Sales Manager and Regional Manager of Takeda. Very comfortable setting, asked me about myself, a few behavioral type questions, why I want to work here and what do I know about the company. Over all very easy process.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you found it difficult to persuade somebody to buy your product" "Tell me about a time you were put in a stressful situation, and how did you overcome it"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Excellent pay, benefits, bonuses, company car... No negotiation necessary

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews seemed like a bit of overkill, but they were pleasant and low pressure. I was impressed. The panel interview was the least productive, but it was not a pressure situation. The entire process dragged out over a few months which was difficult.

Interview Questions

• The obsolete strength and weaknesses question was asked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Stockton, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

It was pretty much to be expected, but unfortunately I was so tired I completely bombed the interview...luckily I was so tired I didn't even care about it. They flew me down to LA in the early morning and I did not get enough sleep the night before to be on my A game...BOO, but everyone was very nice and there is no need to be nervous.