Takeda Pharmaceuticals Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Interview

3 interviews. Hiring manager, another district manager, regional manager. Pretty standard questions and interview process. Stress putting the patients first over sales. Be enthusiastic about the position and the product portfotlio.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Takeda Pharmaceuticals

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then received email to schedule first interview via email / online. First interview was with two district managers and then 2 weeks later a second (final) interview with DM and RSD. Received rejection email "thank you for your application but position has been filled" about 2 weeks after final interview. Kind of a long process but overall was very fair. Prepare to have some of your responses challenged. Was not asked to sell anything (ea: pen)

Interview Questions

• Why Takeda? Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a co worker? What is your greatest weakness? If your best friend were to describe your best attribute, what would it be?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in July 2015.

Interview

video interview conducted from my iphone. The format took some getting used to (you read the question and have 30 seconds to think about your answer. Then, you have up to 3 minutes to answer). There are no second chances but you can practice the samples questions as many times as you want. I completed it a week ago and have not gotten a return call yet.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider the biggest accomplishment to this point in your career?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in May 2015.

Interview

Long and drawn out process. Did not like the fact that they take so long to get back to you. Applied via a employee referral and then did a phone screen. After that I waited almost three weeks and the District Manager contacted me for a face to face. He then cancelled a few days before the interview was to take place. Also, during this time waiting for my face to face; they had me supply them with 7 references for quickster. This was my first time using quickster and I have to say it was a horrible experience. First, they want only email addresses for your references that are work related; or else you have to supply an explanation to quickster on where they took the survey Just a weird experience when you receive a email from quickster asking you to find out where your references took the survey. Anyway, a few days after the DM cancelled my face to face; Takeda recruiting contacted me saying they had moved forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult partner or co-worker and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in April 2015.

Interview

1st an online application. The next day I was asked to schedule an online video recorded interview. The day following I received a notification to schedule a phone interview. It was a very odd phone interview and not what I had expected. She asked basic legal questions, why I left my past jobs and how much I expected to make, all which I had previously answered on my applications. At which the interview ended.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever not gotten along with a co-worker and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and received an automated email the following day to complete the next step in the hiring process which was an online recorded interview. Takeda uses an outside vendor called HireVue for their recorded interview. I completed it a few days later. Less than a week later, I received confirmation from Takeda saying they received my recording and were reviewing my information. Nine days later, I received an email inviting me to a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. The interview took place at a nearby hotel, along with another manager. They informed me that they are looking to fill the position by the end of the following month and had several other candidates to interview. I never received a follow-up directly from them. Only after checking my online profile did I find that I did not pass to the next step.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions to assess your experience level   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The process is lengthy... I applied online and got a video interview first.. You need to answer questions from a computer with no people on the other end. The next step is a phone interview with district manager that spent 15 minutes with you on the phone to determine how well you fit. Then I interviewed face to face with 2 district managers which went really well. The final interview was with regional sales director. We spend an hour to talk about the position and company, the industry. Overall it is a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why pharmaceutical sales? Why do you want to work for Takeda?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in February 2015.

Interview

Quite long. Involved 4 different interviews. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful and the questions were not difficult if you follow the STAR interview process. Be prepared to show sales experience and situational results. Also be prepared to examine your resume in detail. Show competitiveness as it's important in any sales career.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Straightforward and formal process. First phone interview, then first in-person interview. Next interview with district manager, then flown out to final interview with regional sales manager. Lots of behavioral questions. Be prepared with answers in STAR format. Online sales/personality test as well. Overall what I expected from the process

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone. Tell me about a time you could not overcome objections. Tell me about a time you closed a sale and what techniques you used   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

I had the first interview over HireVu and it was a pretty weird interview if you've never done one like that before. It seems strange talking at a computer. I got through to the next round where the lady spent only a couple minutes with me on the phone and they decided I didn't have enough experience.

Interview Questions

• Almost all of the questions were related to past B2B sales experience and I was right out of college so I felt that wasn't great on their part considering they were looking for someone to fill an entry level position.   Answer Question