Takeda Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

I received an email to perform a video recording of myself on hirevu. Similar to skype. Only I was watching myself and it records me and someone somewhere reviews my responses and that's all I have. No one has answered me or anything. All automated emails so I have no one to reach out to either

Interview Questions

• A lot of scenario questions based on real life examples   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Takeda Pharmaceuticals

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Started with a video interview which was a recorded, one-sided Skype session based on a series of questions. If you haven't read any books on how to handle interview questions these may be difficult to answer off the top of your head.
    Next was a phone interview where they basically asked you to confirm what you have on your resume. He also asked me why I wanted to leave my current job in another field. Then he went over all of the benefits/compensation details. Make sure you have a question or two of your own ready before the call.

Interview Questions

• The video interview with no one on the other end took some getting used to, but they give three "practice questions" that you can repeat over and over until you become comfortable with the set-up. I highly recommend taking advantage of this feature.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

The interview process is long, and slow with this company. The actual interview with the District Managers is your typical sales interview type question like: Tell me about a time when..... It was a low pressure interview but lengthy, I spent about 45 with each person. I brought a Brag Book as suggested by the interview instructions, but no one asked to see it.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose another career, what would it be.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Nashville, TN) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone screen, DM interview then RSD interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult counterpart to work with, what did you do.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Kansas City, MO) in August 2013.

Interview

Soon after I applied online, I was invited to take an online interview. This was a one-way webcam interview, to be completed at my leisure before a set deadline. I had 30 seconds to read the question and formulate an answer, then was allowed up to 3 minutes to deliver each response. This was supposed to provide their HR a more consistent interview conduct and an efficient way of reviewing the candidates.

Although I understand the reasons they gave for this approach, I was disappointed by the lack of face-to-face (human) interaction. The questions were standard, but talking to a camera was difficult. I completed the interview for the experience, but wondered if I would really want to work for a company that automates their Human Resources.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions--these were fairly standard HR questions, and not specific to the job. One question focused on flexibility to change in the workplace.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Interview with the Hiring manager, interview with another regional sales manager, and an interview with their manager

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Hackensack, NJ) in August 2009.

Interview

You must interview with 2 managers and the Regional Sales Director. The process is fairly straightforward compared to other companies that make you detail as a requirement for employment.

Interview Questions

• How would you move Mount Fuji? If you didn't know where it was, you probably wouldn't have gotten the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since I was new to sales there was no negotiation.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in February 2012.

Interview

Interview was literally a list of pre-determined questions that were read off one by one. Made it difficult to elaborate on things that you might want to highlight about your career history or things they should know about you. Seemed like a cattle call style interview. Didn't seem as though they were interested in learning who I am as a person.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in February 2010.

Interview

Phone interview was very straightforward. Manager had a ton of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you were the driving force behind a project.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in July 2009.

Interview

The interview was very informal. They wanted to know who I really was and not who I was trying to present myself as. They stressed the importance of being real and communication. They focused on the compnay culture of performance, collaboration, leadership, people and connections. They wanted to know what each of those meant to me. The interviewers did not wear suit jackets to keep it more relaxed for the initial interview. They brought me back later that day for a second interview since I had traveled a distance. Then for my third interview I was flown to the Regional office to meet with the Regional manager. She was also very relaxed and it was very conversational. She wanted to know my long-term goals. I presented a power point slideshow which highlighted why I was a choice. It was geared toward how my principles mirrored those of Takeda and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work specifically for Takeda pharmaceuticals?   1 Answer
    • What is a perception that people have about you that is only a perception and not a reality?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Takeda has a base salary range and so negotiation is very limited (By about $2,000 base salary). There is not much to bargain with.