Talbots

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sale Associate Interview

Sale Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Talbots in June 2014.

Interview Details – I sent in my resume to the Store Manager. She called me back within 1 or 2 weeks to come in for an interview. We sat and interviewed for about 20 mins. She called me back about 2 weeks later offering me a position. About a week later I came in for orientation and paperwork.

Interview Question – Do you have experience selling credit cards?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didnt really feel the need to negotiate. I felt the offer was reasonable and higher paying then a lot of retail stores.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Talbots in September 2009.

Interview Details – I went through about 2 interviews over a span of 2 weeks before I was offered a position. I first met with assistant management, and I guess after getting their OK, I met with general manager. Manager told me immediately what the pay rate was (and it was well above my asking pay) and asked me to start the next day. That was the only negative, starting the next day was a little rushed and I could immediately sense their desperation for more associates... that trend carried on for the next couple of months.

Interview Question – Try to sell me what you're wearing today.   View Answer

Worked for Talbots? Contribute to the Community!