Talbots Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.4

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Talbots.

Interview

Came in with job application, manager was there and scheduled an interview. She sat me down and looked over my resume, with the assistant manager, and just hired me on the spot.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Talbots (New Brunswick, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

The process was more like a conversation than just fired off questions from a booklet. This was very refreshing and I did not feel like I was being interrogated.

Interview Questions

• She asked me about my background, what my job responsibilities were and follow up questions based on my answers...   Answer Question

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chadds Ford, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Talbots (Chadds Ford, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application in-store and scheduled an interview as soon as I handed it in. We scheduled the interview for 3 days later with the store manager. After the initial interview a second was scheduled with the district manager. Altogether the process took about a week and a half. Both interviews were somewhat casual and conversational, and very few stiff "interview" questions were asked. They were very friendly and, it seemed, looking for someone who was also friendly, warm, and personable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a store you visit that you think offers great customer service.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Talbots (Knoxville, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

They hosted a job fair event at their facility to interview potential customer service representatives. The event was very well planned, ran smoothly and everyone involved was an absolute pleasure to meet and they went out of the way to make sure you were comfortable. The interview itself was extremely thorough and it is clear they are very careful about their selection process. I have since completed a second interview which was even more thorough and am awaiting their decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had to make a customer service decision and did not ask your manager.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Talbots (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

I picked up a resume and filled it out in store, then got a call the following week. I scheduled I interview that week. The questions were normal questions nothing too hard, and then the assistant manager interviewed me and she had some harder questions. It was super busy in the mall, so make sure you try hard to keep great eye-contact with your interviewer. When I was done, I just walked in opposite direction from the store to go shop. After my interview I felt about a 50/50 chance of getting the job.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falmouth, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Talbots (Falmouth, ME) in April 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by e-mail with a interview place and time. Interviewed with District Manager at a job location. Discussed the job responsibilities of my previous job as well as the responsibilities of the job I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• How long had I been with my previous employer. How I would handle fast paced changes to the industry and store.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Talbots.

Interview

Applied online. Immediately heard back. Interviewed twice. The process overall was very pleasant. They could be a bit more responsive and informative about their desired qualifications for the position. The people are very nice and energetic. There were no challenging questions. However, the vagueness and generalized questioning made it a bit more challenging to interpret what they were looking for in a candidate.

General Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Talbots (Charleston, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial interview with District Manager was 3 hours long, it was actually a very pleasant positive experience. The second interview was via phone conversation with a District Manager from another location, interview was a hour long. The third interview was with the Regional Director via phone conversation, the conversation lasted less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about your strengths and opportunities.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Talbots (Hingham, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Three part process. Applied online, got a call back, the following week. Interviewed once and returned for a second interview which was about 2 hours. Met with several people on the marketing team.

Interview Questions

• Why Talbots? Tell me about your background, etc. Basic questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Talbots (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

I went into the store and filled out an application. This Talbots was in a mall. After a few days I got the phone call that I had gotten the job. It is a fun place to work.