Talbots

Relevance Date Difficulty

Co-Manager Interview

Co-Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Talbots.

Interview Details – you will interview with someone who holds the position you are applying for-then move up the chain

Interview Question – they will ask you to go on the sales floor and play out a sales scenario   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the offer was within my request-have a range in your head

Manager Interview

Manager
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Talbots in April 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews

Interview Question – There was none, reasonable questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined due to money, but they counter-offered, and I eventually came back and accepted.

Very Easy Interview

ASM Interview

Merrimack, NH

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Talbots in April 2012.

Interview Details – It was a great experience with the former DM, she is no longer with the company. So can't say how things go now.

Interview Question – She just wanted numbers from past companies I worked for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't pay very well at all for the amount of work you have to do.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at Talbots.

Interview Details – Interview comprised of a meeting with the General Manager and District Manager. It was pretty straightforward and simple. Since it was a promotion, there were obvious questions about ways in which I would do things differently as a manager in the ways of brand coaching and team development, visual/merchandising, operational accuracy, and other questions of that nature. The interview was no more than 20 minutes and I'd say a very comfortable experience.

Interview Question – How would you address an associate that's unresponsive performance-wise to touch bases and productivity talks?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was non-negotiable basically. It was phrased that the position was only being offered at the amount and it was sort of a take-it-or-leave-it scenario.

Park City, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Talbots.

Interview Details – Very informal; depends a lot on manager. It was pleasant, not intimidating.

Interview Question – None that I recall.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Talbots.

Interview Details – Walk-in dropped off my resume and filled out a application. two months later I was called in for an interview.

Interview Question – I found the interview to be very welcoming. I don't remember speicfic questions that were unexpected. Fashion, the brand and women were mostly what we talking about   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Ardmore, PA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Talbots in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very basic. Just asked if I had sales or customer service experience and when I was available.

Interview Question – What would you do if you had an unhappy customer   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Talbots in March 2011.

Interview Details – Typical phone intrview with recruiter, one on one with DM, phone interview with RM. Standard retail management questions abour people development, driving results etc. First impressions very important. Looking for extremely upbeat and energetic candidates. Be prepared to give specific examples of your accomplishments.
Once hired, managers will receive 2 weeks training- one outside and one inside current store.

Negotiation Details – my asking price was on the high end of their pay scale

Accounting Operations Intern Interview

Hingham, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Talbots in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very simple questions, very nice people.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Talbots in September 2012.

Interview Details – It is a very simple hiring process. It includes a general paper application with detailed questions about work history, history with the company, history with fashion and interests in fashion, followed up with a brief one-on-one interview with a store or assistant manager. The process is not intimidating. The managers are approachable and sincerely interested in your fit with the company. Just be yourself! If you are interested in high-end, classic, sophisticated style this is a solid fit.

Interview Question – Are you current and up-to-date with fashion trends and seasonal color collections? How often do you read fashion magazines?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation possibility.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Talbots

Worked for Talbots? Contribute to the Community!

Talbots Videos

Talbots – Why Work for Us?

Our Company Talbots is a multi-channel retailer of women's classic apparel, shoes and accessories. We're known for providing gracious service and a quality selection of timeless wardrobe essentials designed to fit women… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Talbots interview questions and advice. All 48 interview reviews posted anonymously by Talbots employees and interview candidates.