Talbots Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2015

2.4

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Talbots.

Interview

Applied online. Immediately heard back. Interviewed twice. The process overall was very pleasant. They could be a bit more responsive and informative about their desired qualifications for the position. The people are very nice and energetic. There were no challenging questions. However, the vagueness and generalized questioning made it a bit more challenging to interpret what they were looking for in a candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Talbots (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

I went into the store and filled out an application. This Talbots was in a mall. After a few days I got the phone call that I had gotten the job. It is a fun place to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Talbots (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This process was easy. It entailed filling out the correct paperwork on site and subsequent interview in store's manager's office area. It was very straight forward, focusing on prior work experience, job expectations on both sides of the table, salary and availability. It was mainly to see if you will fit into the culture of the store and are able to present yourself in a way the reflects positively on the brand. I was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was your standard give your asking price then offered a little less, which was expected.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, PA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Talbots (Springfield, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process took more than 2 hours with the Store Manager. She asked many questions about my current job now and why I wanted to leave my current job. She also had me design an outfit which she liked and told me I would be getting a second interview with the DM. Which I never did.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who is not reach their sales goals.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Talbots in August 2014.

Interview

Filled in application form in store. Followed up at store a week later and met with manager. This was my first interview and really had no clue as to the type of questions I would be asked.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about the company?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Talbots.

Interview

I filled out an application and was contacted within the week. I had known someone who previously worked forTalbots and she gave a recommendation prior to my interview. The interview was rather straight-forward. I was questioned about my prior work experience and availability.

Interview Questions

• There were specific questions about customer service. What would you do if a customer had a complaint about the product or how would you help a customer find her correct fit. How much time would you dedicate to one customer, etc.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Talbots (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

I sent in my resume to the Store Manager. She called me back within 1 or 2 weeks to come in for an interview. We sat and interviewed for about 20 mins. She called me back about 2 weeks later offering me a position. About a week later I came in for orientation and paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience selling credit cards?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt really feel the need to negotiate. I felt the offer was reasonable and higher paying then a lot of retail stores.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Talbots (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I came in for a one-on-one interview with the store's general manager. We sat in her office in the back of the store and spoke for less than half-an-hour about my experience and why I would like to work for her.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This was an hourly position so there really was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Talbots.

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers: one seemed to be more on the ball than the other. They seemed to be nice people. They didn't offer a very good wage or compensation program.

Interview Questions

The compensation was not as good as another opportunity.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Talbots (Houston, TX).

Interview

you will interview with someone who holds the position you are applying for-then move up the chain

Interview Questions

• they will ask you to go on the sales floor and play out a sales scenario   Answer Question

Negotiation

the offer was within my request-have a range in your head