Talbots Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.4

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Talbots (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

I picked up a resume and filled it out in store, then got a call the following week. I scheduled I interview that week. The questions were normal questions nothing too hard, and then the assistant manager interviewed me and she had some harder questions. It was super busy in the mall, so make sure you try hard to keep great eye-contact with your interviewer. When I was done, I just walked in opposite direction from the store to go shop. After my interview I felt about a 50/50 chance of getting the job.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falmouth, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Talbots (Falmouth, ME) in April 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by e-mail with a interview place and time. Interviewed with District Manager at a job location. Discussed the job responsibilities of my previous job as well as the responsibilities of the job I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• How long had I been with my previous employer. How I would handle fast paced changes to the industry and store.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Talbots.

Interview

Applied online. Immediately heard back. Interviewed twice. The process overall was very pleasant. They could be a bit more responsive and informative about their desired qualifications for the position. The people are very nice and energetic. There were no challenging questions. However, the vagueness and generalized questioning made it a bit more challenging to interpret what they were looking for in a candidate.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Talbots (Hingham, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Three part process. Applied online, got a call back, the following week. Interviewed once and returned for a second interview which was about 2 hours. Met with several people on the marketing team.

Interview Questions

• Why Talbots? Tell me about your background, etc. Basic questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Talbots (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

I went into the store and filled out an application. This Talbots was in a mall. After a few days I got the phone call that I had gotten the job. It is a fun place to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Talbots (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This process was easy. It entailed filling out the correct paperwork on site and subsequent interview in store's manager's office area. It was very straight forward, focusing on prior work experience, job expectations on both sides of the table, salary and availability. It was mainly to see if you will fit into the culture of the store and are able to present yourself in a way the reflects positively on the brand. I was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was your standard give your asking price then offered a little less, which was expected.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, PA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Talbots (Springfield, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process took more than 2 hours with the Store Manager. She asked many questions about my current job now and why I wanted to leave my current job. She also had me design an outfit which she liked and told me I would be getting a second interview with the DM. Which I never did.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who is not reach their sales goals.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Talbots in August 2014.

Interview

Filled in application form in store. Followed up at store a week later and met with manager. This was my first interview and really had no clue as to the type of questions I would be asked.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about the company?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Talbots.

Interview

I filled out an application and was contacted within the week. I had known someone who previously worked forTalbots and she gave a recommendation prior to my interview. The interview was rather straight-forward. I was questioned about my prior work experience and availability.

Interview Questions

• There were specific questions about customer service. What would you do if a customer had a complaint about the product or how would you help a customer find her correct fit. How much time would you dedicate to one customer, etc.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Talbots (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

I sent in my resume to the Store Manager. She called me back within 1 or 2 weeks to come in for an interview. We sat and interviewed for about 20 mins. She called me back about 2 weeks later offering me a position. About a week later I came in for orientation and paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience selling credit cards?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt really feel the need to negotiate. I felt the offer was reasonable and higher paying then a lot of retail stores.