Talbots Interview Questions

2.4

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Talbots in August 2014.

Interview process took more than 2 hours with the Store Manager. She asked many questions about my current job now and why I wanted to leave my current job. She also had me design an outfit which she liked and told me I would be getting a second interview with the DM. Which I never did.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an employee who is not reach their sales goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Talbots.

This process was easy. It entailed filling out the correct paperwork on site and subsequent interview in store's manager's office area. It was very straight forward, focusing on prior work experience, job expectations on both sides of the table, salary and availability. It was mainly to see if you will fit into the culture of the store and are able to present yourself in a way the reflects positively on the brand. I was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    It was your standard give your asking price then offered a little less, which was expected.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Talbots in June 2014.

I sent in my resume to the Store Manager. She called me back within 1 or 2 weeks to come in for an interview. We sat and interviewed for about 20 mins. She called me back about 2 weeks later offering me a position. About a week later I came in for orientation and paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience selling credit cards?   View Answer
    I didnt really feel the need to negotiate. I felt the offer was reasonable and higher paying then a lot of retail stores.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Camarillo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Talbots in June 2013.

After applying, I received a call in about a week. The interview was standard and took place in an office in the back. The manager explained workers' responsibilities, shifts, etc. so I thought I had a shot at landing the job. She also asked me questions about how I perceived fashion in my life and some of my past volunteer experience (I had no previous work experience at the time). At the end of the interview we went out to the sales floor and she told me to give her assistance with finding an item as if she were a customer and I were a worker. It went well and I thought I would get the job, but they called back about 4 days later to say that they were looking for someone with more sales experience than I had.

Interview Questions
    • Go out to the sales floor like a real worker and sell me give me assistance in finding a product.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Talbots.

I filled out an application and was contacted within the week. I had known someone who previously worked forTalbots and she gave a recommendation prior to my interview. The interview was rather straight-forward. I was questioned about my prior work experience and availability.

Interview Questions
    • There were specific questions about customer service. What would you do if a customer had a complaint about the product or how would you help a customer find her correct fit. How much time would you dedicate to one customer, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Talbots.

I came in for a one-on-one interview with the store's general manager. We sat in her office in the back of the store and spoke for less than half-an-hour about my experience and why I would like to work for her.

Interview Questions
    This was an hourly position so there really was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Talbots.

I was interviewed by two managers: one seemed to be more on the ball than the other. They seemed to be nice people. They didn't offer a very good wage or compensation program.

Interview Questions

The compensation was not as good as another opportunity.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Talbots.

you will interview with someone who holds the position you are applying for-then move up the chain

Interview Questions
    • they will ask you to go on the sales floor and play out a sales scenario   Answer Question
    the offer was within my request-have a range in your head

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Talbots in April 2010.

2 interviews

Interview Questions

I declined due to money, but they counter-offered, and I eventually came back and accepted.

ASM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Merrimack, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Talbots in April 2012.

It was a great experience with the former DM, she is no longer with the company. So can't say how things go now.

Interview Questions
    • She just wanted numbers from past companies I worked for.   Answer Question
    They don't pay very well at all for the amount of work you have to do.

Worked for Talbots? Contribute to the Community!