Talbots

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sale Associate Interview

Sale Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Talbots in June 2014.

Interview Details – I sent in my resume to the Store Manager. She called me back within 1 or 2 weeks to come in for an interview. We sat and interviewed for about 20 mins. She called me back about 2 weeks later offering me a position. About a week later I came in for orientation and paperwork.

Interview Question – Do you have experience selling credit cards?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didnt really feel the need to negotiate. I felt the offer was reasonable and higher paying then a lot of retail stores.

Camarillo, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Talbots in June 2013.

Interview Details – After applying, I received a call in about a week. The interview was standard and took place in an office in the back. The manager explained workers' responsibilities, shifts, etc. so I thought I had a shot at landing the job. She also asked me questions about how I perceived fashion in my life and some of my past volunteer experience (I had no previous work experience at the time). At the end of the interview we went out to the sales floor and she told me to give her assistance with finding an item as if she were a customer and I were a worker. It went well and I thought I would get the job, but they called back about 4 days later to say that they were looking for someone with more sales experience than I had.

Interview Question – Go out to the sales floor like a real worker and sell me give me assistance in finding a product.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Talbots.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and was contacted within the week. I had known someone who previously worked forTalbots and she gave a recommendation prior to my interview. The interview was rather straight-forward. I was questioned about my prior work experience and availability.

Interview Question – There were specific questions about customer service. What would you do if a customer had a complaint about the product or how would you help a customer find her correct fit. How much time would you dedicate to one customer, etc.   Answer Question

Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Talbots.

Interview Details – I came in for a one-on-one interview with the store's general manager. We sat in her office in the back of the store and spoke for less than half-an-hour about my experience and why I would like to work for her.

Interview Question – What, if anything, would motivate you to leave a job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was an hourly position so there really was no negotiation.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Talbots.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by two managers: one seemed to be more on the ball than the other. They seemed to be nice people. They didn't offer a very good wage or compensation program.

Interview Question – There were no surprises/ Just casual conversation.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The compensation was not as good as another opportunity.

Co-Manager Interview

Co-Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Talbots.

Interview Details – you will interview with someone who holds the position you are applying for-then move up the chain

Interview Question – they will ask you to go on the sales floor and play out a sales scenario   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the offer was within my request-have a range in your head

Manager Interview

Manager
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Talbots in April 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews

Interview Question – There was none, reasonable questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined due to money, but they counter-offered, and I eventually came back and accepted.

Very Easy Interview

ASM Interview

ASM
Merrimack, NH

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Talbots in April 2012.

Interview Details – It was a great experience with the former DM, she is no longer with the company. So can't say how things go now.

Interview Question – She just wanted numbers from past companies I worked for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't pay very well at all for the amount of work you have to do.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at Talbots.

Interview Details – Interview comprised of a meeting with the General Manager and District Manager. It was pretty straightforward and simple. Since it was a promotion, there were obvious questions about ways in which I would do things differently as a manager in the ways of brand coaching and team development, visual/merchandising, operational accuracy, and other questions of that nature. The interview was no more than 20 minutes and I'd say a very comfortable experience.

Interview Question – How would you address an associate that's unresponsive performance-wise to touch bases and productivity talks?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was non-negotiable basically. It was phrased that the position was only being offered at the amount and it was sort of a take-it-or-leave-it scenario.

Park City, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Talbots.

Interview Details – Very informal; depends a lot on manager. It was pleasant, not intimidating.

Interview Question – None that I recall.   Answer Question

Worked for Talbots? Contribute to the Community!