Talbots Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Talbots.

This process was easy. It entailed filling out the correct paperwork on site and subsequent interview in store's manager's office area. It was very straight forward, focusing on prior work experience, job expectations on both sides of the table, salary and availability. It was mainly to see if you will fit into the culture of the store and are able to present yourself in a way the reflects positively on the brand. I was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    It was your standard give your asking price then offered a little less, which was expected.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Talbots in August 2014.

Interview process took more than 2 hours with the Store Manager. She asked many questions about my current job now and why I wanted to leave my current job. She also had me design an outfit which she liked and told me I would be getting a second interview with the DM. Which I never did.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an employee who is not reach their sales goals.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Talbots in August 2014.

Filled in application form in store. Followed up at store a week later and met with manager. This was my first interview and really had no clue as to the type of questions I would be asked.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Talbots.

I filled out an application and was contacted within the week. I had known someone who previously worked forTalbots and she gave a recommendation prior to my interview. The interview was rather straight-forward. I was questioned about my prior work experience and availability.

Interview Questions
    • There were specific questions about customer service. What would you do if a customer had a complaint about the product or how would you help a customer find her correct fit. How much time would you dedicate to one customer, etc.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Talbots in June 2014.

I sent in my resume to the Store Manager. She called me back within 1 or 2 weeks to come in for an interview. We sat and interviewed for about 20 mins. She called me back about 2 weeks later offering me a position. About a week later I came in for orientation and paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience selling credit cards?   View Answer
    I didnt really feel the need to negotiate. I felt the offer was reasonable and higher paying then a lot of retail stores.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Talbots.

I came in for a one-on-one interview with the store's general manager. We sat in her office in the back of the store and spoke for less than half-an-hour about my experience and why I would like to work for her.

Interview Questions
    This was an hourly position so there really was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Talbots.

I was interviewed by two managers: one seemed to be more on the ball than the other. They seemed to be nice people. They didn't offer a very good wage or compensation program.

Interview Questions

The compensation was not as good as another opportunity.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Talbots.

you will interview with someone who holds the position you are applying for-then move up the chain

Interview Questions
    • they will ask you to go on the sales floor and play out a sales scenario   Answer Question
    the offer was within my request-have a range in your head

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Talbots.

Interview comprised of a meeting with the General Manager and District Manager. It was pretty straightforward and simple. Since it was a promotion, there were obvious questions about ways in which I would do things differently as a manager in the ways of brand coaching and team development, visual/merchandising, operational accuracy, and other questions of that nature. The interview was no more than 20 minutes and I'd say a very comfortable experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you address an associate that's unresponsive performance-wise to touch bases and productivity talks?   View Answer
    It was non-negotiable basically. It was phrased that the position was only being offered at the amount and it was sort of a take-it-or-leave-it scenario.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Talbots.

Very informal; depends a lot on manager. It was pleasant, not intimidating.