Talbots

Updated Jan 7, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Talbots.

I had one interview and was called afterward saying that I was offered the job. It was a basic retail interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Talbots in January 2013.

A sales associate who was assisting me in store suggested that I contact her manager for an interview because there was a position open that she thought I had the demeanor for. After calling the manager and speaking with her on the phone, we scheduled a one-on-one interview. The interview was casual and consisted of situational questions that judged how I would interact with customers.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a hypothetical situation where a customer was not satisfied because they did not receivie the discount they thought they were supposed to get, but were actually mistaken, and was asked how I would handle it while putting the customer first.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Talbots in November 2012.

The interview process was pretty easy for me. I was referred by someone who already worked there. My interview was pretty short and I was pretty much hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • The questions they ask aren't too difficult. They just want to get a good sense of who you are. I think it's important for them to have a team that can work well together.   Answer Question
    There was no negation, they pretty much offer their flat rate, unless you're being interviewed for another position.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Simons Island, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Simons Island, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Talbots in November 2012.

Pretty basic; I walked in, asked about part-time seasonal work and was given an application, which I took home to complete. I had a fifteen minute interview with the Manager the next day. She did check references and later that week I got a call with an offer. No negotiation; you take the offered pay or not.

Interview Questions
    • None. The questions were about my past experience; when I would be available to work. Guess most difficult question - will you be in town to work around Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas? Answered yes to get the job.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. They have an opening salary for sales associates and you either take it or not. There is no premium for past experience that I could see.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Talbots.

I had one interview with the manager. I had never done retail before, but had many transferable skills that would be useful in that position. By that evening, the manager called me and offered me a job.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't one. They had a standard hourly rate that is consistent with fashion retail.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Talbots in September 2012.

It is a very simple hiring process. It includes a general paper application with detailed questions about work history, history with the company, history with fashion and interests in fashion, followed up with a brief one-on-one interview with a store or assistant manager. The process is not intimidating. The managers are approachable and sincerely interested in your fit with the company. Just be yourself! If you are interested in high-end, classic, sophisticated style this is a solid fit.

Interview Questions
    • Are you current and up-to-date with fashion trends and seasonal color collections? How often do you read fashion magazines?   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation possibility.

Sales Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Talbots in August 2012.

I had two interviews, one with the manager and another with an assistant manager. I had been a customer at that particular store for several years.

Very easy.

ASM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Talbots in April 2012.

It was a great experience with the former DM, she is no longer with the company. So can't say how things go now.

Interview Questions
    • She just wanted numbers from past companies I worked for.   Answer Question
    They don't pay very well at all for the amount of work you have to do.

Vice President Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Talbots in November 2011.

Phone interviews. General and then specific

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Talbots in September 2011.

The interview process was very simple, but I also was referred by a long-term employee of the company. Basically, I went in and spoke with the manager in which she just reviewed my resume and application, asked a few questions and that was it, I was hired on.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your past work experience. How much sales experience do you have? Explain.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation in where you had to overcome an obstacle.   Answer Question