Talbots

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Camarillo, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Talbots in June 2013.

Interview Details – After applying, I received a call in about a week. The interview was standard and took place in an office in the back. The manager explained workers' responsibilities, shifts, etc. so I thought I had a shot at landing the job. She also asked me questions about how I perceived fashion in my life and some of my past volunteer experience (I had no previous work experience at the time). At the end of the interview we went out to the sales floor and she told me to give her assistance with finding an item as if she were a customer and I were a worker. It went well and I thought I would get the job, but they called back about 4 days later to say that they were looking for someone with more sales experience than I had.

Interview Question – Go out to the sales floor like a real worker and sell me give me assistance in finding a product.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Talbots.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and was contacted within the week. I had known someone who previously worked forTalbots and she gave a recommendation prior to my interview. The interview was rather straight-forward. I was questioned about my prior work experience and availability.

Interview Question – There were specific questions about customer service. What would you do if a customer had a complaint about the product or how would you help a customer find her correct fit. How much time would you dedicate to one customer, etc.   Answer Question

Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Talbots.

Interview Details – I came in for a one-on-one interview with the store's general manager. We sat in her office in the back of the store and spoke for less than half-an-hour about my experience and why I would like to work for her.

Interview Question – What, if anything, would motivate you to leave a job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was an hourly position so there really was no negotiation.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Talbots.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by two managers: one seemed to be more on the ball than the other. They seemed to be nice people. They didn't offer a very good wage or compensation program.

Interview Question – There were no surprises/ Just casual conversation.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The compensation was not as good as another opportunity.

Park City, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Talbots.

Interview Details – Very informal; depends a lot on manager. It was pleasant, not intimidating.

Interview Question – None that I recall.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Talbots.

Interview Details – Walk-in dropped off my resume and filled out a application. two months later I was called in for an interview.

Interview Question – I found the interview to be very welcoming. I don't remember speicfic questions that were unexpected. Fashion, the brand and women were mostly what we talking about   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Ardmore, PA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Talbots in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very basic. Just asked if I had sales or customer service experience and when I was available.

Interview Question – What would you do if you had an unhappy customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Talbots in September 2012.

Interview Details – It is a very simple hiring process. It includes a general paper application with detailed questions about work history, history with the company, history with fashion and interests in fashion, followed up with a brief one-on-one interview with a store or assistant manager. The process is not intimidating. The managers are approachable and sincerely interested in your fit with the company. Just be yourself! If you are interested in high-end, classic, sophisticated style this is a solid fit.

Interview Question – Are you current and up-to-date with fashion trends and seasonal color collections? How often do you read fashion magazines?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation possibility.

Lee, MA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Talbots.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by assistant because the store manager is not allow to interview people because she scares them off.

Negotiation Details – there was none

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Talbots in August 2011.

Interview Details – Paper application, they call and do an in store interview

Interview Question – how much money do you expect   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Talbots

Worked for Talbots? Contribute to the Community!

Talbots Videos

Talbots – Why Work for Us?

Our Company Talbots is a multi-channel retailer of women's classic apparel, shoes and accessories. We're known for providing gracious service and a quality selection of timeless wardrobe essentials designed to fit women… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Talbots Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Talbots employees and interview candidates.