Talbots

2.2

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Talbots.

I went into the store and filled out an application. This Talbots was in a mall. After a few days I got the phone call that I had gotten the job. It is a fun place to work.

Other Interview Reviews for Talbots

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Talbots.

This process was easy. It entailed filling out the correct paperwork on site and subsequent interview in store's manager's office area. It was very straight forward, focusing on prior work experience, job expectations on both sides of the table, salary and availability. It was mainly to see if you will fit into the culture of the store and are able to present yourself in a way the reflects positively on the brand. I was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    It was your standard give your asking price then offered a little less, which was expected.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Talbots in August 2014.

Filled in application form in store. Followed up at store a week later and met with manager. This was my first interview and really had no clue as to the type of questions I would be asked.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Talbots.

I filled out an application and was contacted within the week. I had known someone who previously worked forTalbots and she gave a recommendation prior to my interview. The interview was rather straight-forward. I was questioned about my prior work experience and availability.

Interview Questions
    • There were specific questions about customer service. What would you do if a customer had a complaint about the product or how would you help a customer find her correct fit. How much time would you dedicate to one customer, etc.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Talbots in June 2014.

I sent in my resume to the Store Manager. She called me back within 1 or 2 weeks to come in for an interview. We sat and interviewed for about 20 mins. She called me back about 2 weeks later offering me a position. About a week later I came in for orientation and paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience selling credit cards?   View Answer
    I didnt really feel the need to negotiate. I felt the offer was reasonable and higher paying then a lot of retail stores.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Talbots.

I came in for a one-on-one interview with the store's general manager. We sat in her office in the back of the store and spoke for less than half-an-hour about my experience and why I would like to work for her.

Interview Questions
    This was an hourly position so there really was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Talbots.

I was interviewed by two managers: one seemed to be more on the ball than the other. They seemed to be nice people. They didn't offer a very good wage or compensation program.

Interview Questions

The compensation was not as good as another opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Talbots.

Very informal; depends a lot on manager. It was pleasant, not intimidating.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Talbots.

Walk-in dropped off my resume and filled out a application. two months later I was called in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I found the interview to be very welcoming. I don't remember speicfic questions that were unexpected. Fashion, the brand and women were mostly what we talking about   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lee, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lee, MA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Talbots.

Was interviewed by assistant because the store manager is not allow to interview people because she scares them off.

there was none