Talbots

30 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Talbots.

Interview Details – This process was easy. It entailed filling out the correct paperwork on site and subsequent interview in store's manager's office area. It was very straight forward, focusing on prior work experience, job expectations on both sides of the table, salary and availability. It was mainly to see if you will fit into the culture of the store and are able to present yourself in a way the reflects positively on the brand. I was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Question – What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was your standard give your asking price then offered a little less, which was expected.

Sale Associate Interview

Sale Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Talbots in June 2014.

Interview Details – I sent in my resume to the Store Manager. She called me back within 1 or 2 weeks to come in for an interview. We sat and interviewed for about 20 mins. She called me back about 2 weeks later offering me a position. About a week later I came in for orientation and paperwork.

Interview Question – Do you have experience selling credit cards?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didnt really feel the need to negotiate. I felt the offer was reasonable and higher paying then a lot of retail stores.

Camarillo, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Talbots in June 2013.

Interview Details – After applying, I received a call in about a week. The interview was standard and took place in an office in the back. The manager explained workers' responsibilities, shifts, etc. so I thought I had a shot at landing the job. She also asked me questions about how I perceived fashion in my life and some of my past volunteer experience (I had no previous work experience at the time). At the end of the interview we went out to the sales floor and she told me to give her assistance with finding an item as if she were a customer and I were a worker. It went well and I thought I would get the job, but they called back about 4 days later to say that they were looking for someone with more sales experience than I had.

Interview Question – Go out to the sales floor like a real worker and sell me give me assistance in finding a product.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Talbots.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and was contacted within the week. I had known someone who previously worked forTalbots and she gave a recommendation prior to my interview. The interview was rather straight-forward. I was questioned about my prior work experience and availability.

Interview Question – There were specific questions about customer service. What would you do if a customer had a complaint about the product or how would you help a customer find her correct fit. How much time would you dedicate to one customer, etc.   Answer Question

Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Talbots.

Interview Details – I came in for a one-on-one interview with the store's general manager. We sat in her office in the back of the store and spoke for less than half-an-hour about my experience and why I would like to work for her.

Interview Question – What, if anything, would motivate you to leave a job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was an hourly position so there really was no negotiation.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Talbots.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by two managers: one seemed to be more on the ball than the other. They seemed to be nice people. They didn't offer a very good wage or compensation program.

Interview Question – There were no surprises/ Just casual conversation.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The compensation was not as good as another opportunity.

Park City, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Talbots.

Interview Details – Very informal; depends a lot on manager. It was pleasant, not intimidating.

Interview Question – None that I recall.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Talbots.

Interview Details – Walk-in dropped off my resume and filled out a application. two months later I was called in for an interview.

Interview Question – I found the interview to be very welcoming. I don't remember speicfic questions that were unexpected. Fashion, the brand and women were mostly what we talking about   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Ardmore, PA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Talbots in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very basic. Just asked if I had sales or customer service experience and when I was available.

Interview Question – What would you do if you had an unhappy customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Talbots in September 2012.

Interview Details – It is a very simple hiring process. It includes a general paper application with detailed questions about work history, history with the company, history with fashion and interests in fashion, followed up with a brief one-on-one interview with a store or assistant manager. The process is not intimidating. The managers are approachable and sincerely interested in your fit with the company. Just be yourself! If you are interested in high-end, classic, sophisticated style this is a solid fit.

Interview Question – Are you current and up-to-date with fashion trends and seasonal color collections? How often do you read fashion magazines?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation possibility.

Worked for Talbots? Contribute to the Community!