Talbots

2.2

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Talbots in June 2013.

After applying, I received a call in about a week. The interview was standard and took place in an office in the back. The manager explained workers' responsibilities, shifts, etc. so I thought I had a shot at landing the job. She also asked me questions about how I perceived fashion in my life and some of my past volunteer experience (I had no previous work experience at the time). At the end of the interview we went out to the sales floor and she told me to give her assistance with finding an item as if she were a customer and I were a worker. It went well and I thought I would get the job, but they called back about 4 days later to say that they were looking for someone with more sales experience than I had.

Interview Questions
  • Go out to the sales floor like a real worker and sell me give me assistance in finding a product.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Talbots

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Talbots in April 2013.

I went 4 times to the store to finish the hiring process

Interview Questions
    • How you convence the customer that he could buy a clothe on a regular price   View Answer
    I could have best rate hour them I wanted. Be very welll dressed as the store clothes.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Talbots.

Manager asked me about how I would asset to this company, what style Talbots is and how would I help other coworkers. After my answers he said that he was looking for more team member person, but also mentioned that he will suggest me to other Talbots store, because they were looking for somebody "like me".Still waiting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Talbots.

I had one interview and was called afterward saying that I was offered the job. It was a basic retail interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Talbots in January 2013.

A sales associate who was assisting me in store suggested that I contact her manager for an interview because there was a position open that she thought I had the demeanor for. After calling the manager and speaking with her on the phone, we scheduled a one-on-one interview. The interview was casual and consisted of situational questions that judged how I would interact with customers.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a hypothetical situation where a customer was not satisfied because they did not receivie the discount they thought they were supposed to get, but were actually mistaken, and was asked how I would handle it while putting the customer first.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Talbots in November 2012.

The interview process was pretty easy for me. I was referred by someone who already worked there. My interview was pretty short and I was pretty much hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • The questions they ask aren't too difficult. They just want to get a good sense of who you are. I think it's important for them to have a team that can work well together.   Answer Question
    There was no negation, they pretty much offer their flat rate, unless you're being interviewed for another position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Talbots.

I had one interview with the manager. I had never done retail before, but had many transferable skills that would be useful in that position. By that evening, the manager called me and offered me a job.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't one. They had a standard hourly rate that is consistent with fashion retail.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Talbots in September 2012.

It is a very simple hiring process. It includes a general paper application with detailed questions about work history, history with the company, history with fashion and interests in fashion, followed up with a brief one-on-one interview with a store or assistant manager. The process is not intimidating. The managers are approachable and sincerely interested in your fit with the company. Just be yourself! If you are interested in high-end, classic, sophisticated style this is a solid fit.

Interview Questions
    • Are you current and up-to-date with fashion trends and seasonal color collections? How often do you read fashion magazines?   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation possibility.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Talbots in September 2011.

I saw their opening posted within the Mall's online career portal. I picked up an application and turned it in the next day to the stores manager. They called me the next day to schedule an interview time. The interview was 1on1 with the hiring manager. only about 30 mins. we first went over my career background ( customer service based) and then she went over the stores need. after going over what positions were available I decided to take the sales support role due to only wanting a PT position as this would ensure I'm not held to the same sales goals as the sales associates are. my references were checked the next day, I received a call offering me the position that same day.

Interview Questions
    I asked for less then what they offered me. =)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Talbots in September 2011.

The interview process was very simple, but I also was referred by a long-term employee of the company. Basically, I went in and spoke with the manager in which she just reviewed my resume and application, asked a few questions and that was it, I was hired on.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your past work experience. How much sales experience do you have? Explain.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation in where you had to overcome an obstacle.   Answer Question