Talecris Interview Questions

2.8

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Talecris in June 2013.

Interview

Met with one of the managers for a verbal interview. Interview was not difficult at all. Previous experience, education and expectations were discussed. I was told that they were in need of phlebotomists more than donor processors.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very short and to the point.

Donor Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Talecris (Rockford, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

I initially had two interviews. The first was if I was a right fit, my work ethic, etc. The second was showing me around the building meeting workers and a few more getting to know me questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?   1 Answer
    • If you saw a fellow employee not following proper procedures what would you do?   1 Answer

Assistant Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, NC

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Talecris (Clayton, NC) in April 2011.

Interview

1:2, pretty standard behavioral questions (practice them - you can find a good list on the internet), asked about your past job duties, asked why should I hire you. Overall, I did not feel pressured. Pretty standard interview. You will also have to have standard medical screening, which includes a very easy strength test, a drug test, and and sight test.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you?   1 Answer
    • Study your behavioral questions. Trust me, you be asked at least 3 of them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

In this case, since I was a contractor there as really no room for negotiation, the hourly rate was fair. The staffing agency did pay overtime, and you got a little bit of vacation time every month. Also, after 30 days the staffing agency gave you holiday pay, which is pretty rare I would think. They offered insurance as well, but the health insurance wasn't that great, but the dental was on par with what I had seen in the past.

Physician Sub I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Talecris (Dallas, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

very professional, treated very well, did not ask questionable questions, treated me with extreme respect.

Interview Questions

• how do you resolve conflict   1 Answer

QA Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clayton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Talecris (Clayton, NC) in July 2010.

Interview

Overall an easy interview, no tests - just questions.

Interview Questions

• What instrumentation are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clayton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Talecris (Clayton, NC) in April 2010.

Interview

Very friendly and intelligent questions

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience and knowledge of computer databases   1 Answer

Physician Substitute/Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Talecris (Rockford, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

The person that interviewed me is no longer with the company. She was the Center Manager and she was great. She was very friendly and had an enthusiasm and a passion for her job. She was dedicated to bringing employees on that wanted to work, and grow. Initially, we met in her office, I answered the formalities, why do you want to work here... what about nursing do you enjoy... how do you think you can contribute. We then continued the interview with a tour of the facility, while asking questions, allowing me to ask questions about the business. It was professional, yet casual.

Interview Questions

• She didn't throw me any curve balls. I was expecting it. I was actually referred by a current employee, so I was asked how we knew each other. I was also asked why my referral referred me. So it was an opportunity to highlight my strengths. My toughest question is always what is your biggest weakness. Honestly? Punctuality is mine, but I can't say that!   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was surprised at the amount I was initially offered at $22.00/hr, but that's because it was my first real career position and I was excited not to be making minimum wage. In hindsight, I would negotiate. They are open to negotiation, even if it doesn't get very far.

Managed Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Talecris (Raleigh, NC) in March 2010.

Interview

They wanted specifics about in-house experience and ability to have a good corporate image, there were 3 interviews one telephone and 2 face to face, they unltimately didn't think I had enough in house experience for the role. Everyone there seemed very intelligent. They are big on specific examples from your background and how you would go about handling different issues that may come up.

Lab Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Talecris (Raleigh, NC) in November 2009.

Interview

I applied online through the Talecris website in mid September and got a phone call in October to arrange an interview. My interview was at 11:30 am, and it lasted about half an hour. I met with the supervisor and one of the coordinators in the department I was applying for a position in, and they took me upstairs to conduct the panel interview. Many of the questions were basic interview questions involving strengths and weaknesses. A lot of the questions seemed repetitive, but one of the more unique questions was "tell me a situation in which your integrity was challenged, and how did you go about handling it?" As a company, Talecris places a lot of importance on integrity (especially data integrity), so I would suggest being prepared to answer integrity-related questions. I thought my interview was ok on my part, and I ended up getting an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in which you had to go against the grain. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was only able to negotiate my start date, not my salary

Medical Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Talecris (Roanoke, VA) in August 2008.

Interview

Started with an online application, then an interview with the manager, then another interview a few weeks later with someone from the corporate office. This process was followed by an off-site drug screen, and after results were received, a job offer followed

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was some room or negotiation, but they have set job descriptions with the salary range already set