Talecris

Relevance Date Difficulty

Physician Substitute/Registered Nurse Interview

Physician Substitute/Registered Nurse
Rockford, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Talecris in April 2010.

Interview Details – The person that interviewed me is no longer with the company. She was the Center Manager and she was great. She was very friendly and had an enthusiasm and a passion for her job. She was dedicated to bringing employees on that wanted to work, and grow. Initially, we met in her office, I answered the formalities, why do you want to work here... what about nursing do you enjoy... how do you think you can contribute. We then continued the interview with a tour of the facility, while asking questions, allowing me to ask questions about the business. It was professional, yet casual.

Interview Question – She didn't throw me any curve balls. I was expecting it. I was actually referred by a current employee, so I was asked how we knew each other. I was also asked why my referral referred me. So it was an opportunity to highlight my strengths. My toughest question is always what is your biggest weakness. Honestly? Punctuality is mine, but I can't say that!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was surprised at the amount I was initially offered at $22.00/hr, but that's because it was my first real career position and I was excited not to be making minimum wage. In hindsight, I would negotiate. They are open to negotiation, even if it doesn't get very far.

Medical Supervisor Interview

Medical Supervisor
Roanoke, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Talecris in August 2008.

Interview Details – Started with an online application, then an interview with the manager, then another interview a few weeks later with someone from the corporate office. This process was followed by an off-site drug screen, and after results were received, a job offer followed

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – There was some room or negotiation, but they have set job descriptions with the salary range already set

QA Chemist Interview

QA Chemist
Clayton, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Talecris in July 2010.

Interview Details – Overall an easy interview, no tests - just questions.

Interview Question – What instrumentation are you familiar with?   View Answer

Assistant Biologist Interview

Assistant Biologist
Clayton, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Talecris in April 2011.

Interview Details – 1:2, pretty standard behavioral questions (practice them - you can find a good list on the internet), asked about your past job duties, asked why should I hire you. Overall, I did not feel pressured. Pretty standard interview. You will also have to have standard medical screening, which includes a very easy strength test, a drug test, and and sight test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – In this case, since I was a contractor there as really no room for negotiation, the hourly rate was fair. The staffing agency did pay overtime, and you got a little bit of vacation time every month. Also, after 30 days the staffing agency gave you holiday pay, which is pretty rare I would think. They offered insurance as well, but the health insurance wasn't that great, but the dental was on par with what I had seen in the past.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Clayton, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Talecris in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very friendly and intelligent questions

Interview Question – Explain your experience and knowledge of computer databases   View Answer

Physician Sub I Interview

Physician Sub I
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Talecris in October 2010.

Interview Details – very professional, treated very well, did not ask questionable questions, treated me with extreme respect.

Interview Question – how do you resolve conflict   View Answer

Lab Support Technician Interview

Lab Support Technician
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Talecris in November 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online through the Talecris website in mid September and got a phone call in October to arrange an interview. My interview was at 11:30 am, and it lasted about half an hour. I met with the supervisor and one of the coordinators in the department I was applying for a position in, and they took me upstairs to conduct the panel interview. Many of the questions were basic interview questions involving strengths and weaknesses. A lot of the questions seemed repetitive, but one of the more unique questions was "tell me a situation in which your integrity was challenged, and how did you go about handling it?" As a company, Talecris places a lot of importance on integrity (especially data integrity), so I would suggest being prepared to answer integrity-related questions. I thought my interview was ok on my part, and I ended up getting an offer the next day.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation in which you had to go against the grain. How did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was only able to negotiate my start date, not my salary

Managed Care Interview

Managed Care
Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Talecris in March 2010.

Interview Details – They wanted specifics about in-house experience and ability to have a good corporate image, there were 3 interviews one telephone and 2 face to face, they unltimately didn't think I had enough in house experience for the role. Everyone there seemed very intelligent. They are big on specific examples from your background and how you would go about handling different issues that may come up.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a coding error in part d.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Talecris in March 2011.

Interview Details – I went to a career fair and met a recruiter, who advised me to apply online for one of their several summer internships. I did so (applying for about 7 different positions) and was contacted via email by an HR rep for to arrange a phone interview for one of the positions. I interviewed with the supervisor for the position I was applying for for 30 minutes. A few days later I was contacted by HR again to arrange a site interview. I went to the interview, got a tour of the facilities, interviewed for 20 minutes again with the immediate supervisor, for 15 minutes with his boss, and got a chance to talk informally with a former intern. A week or so later I was offered a position, which I accepted.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you had to think creatively or "outside the box" to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not applicable.

Quality Supervisor Interview

Quality Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Talecris in January 2011.

Interview Details – My initial communication with the company was through a recruiter after I applied online. I had a telephone interview with him, he then scheduled an interview with the Region's Associate Director and current Quality supervisor and Center Manager. Then I had a telephone interview with the Vice President of Quality Assurance. I was grilled by all these interviewers! Given so many different scenarios and difficult situations that I would encounter in this industry. They found me a good fit with the company and was offered the position.

Interview Question – Are you able and willing to stop production if Quality is compromised in any way?   Answer Question

Worked for Talecris? Contribute to the Community!