Talecris Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2014
Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.7

Phlebotomist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Talecris in June 2013.

Met with one of the managers for a verbal interview. Interview was not difficult at all. Previous experience, education and expectations were discussed. I was told that they were in need of phlebotomists more than donor processors.

Interview Questions
    Very short and to the point.

Physician Substitute/Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockford, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Talecris in April 2010.

The person that interviewed me is no longer with the company. She was the Center Manager and she was great. She was very friendly and had an enthusiasm and a passion for her job. She was dedicated to bringing employees on that wanted to work, and grow. Initially, we met in her office, I answered the formalities, why do you want to work here... what about nursing do you enjoy... how do you think you can contribute. We then continued the interview with a tour of the facility, while asking questions, allowing me to ask questions about the business. It was professional, yet casual.

Interview Questions
    • She didn't throw me any curve balls. I was expecting it. I was actually referred by a current employee, so I was asked how we knew each other. I was also asked why my referral referred me. So it was an opportunity to highlight my strengths. My toughest question is always what is your biggest weakness. Honestly? Punctuality is mine, but I can't say that!   Answer Question
    I was surprised at the amount I was initially offered at $22.00/hr, but that's because it was my first real career position and I was excited not to be making minimum wage. In hindsight, I would negotiate. They are open to negotiation, even if it doesn't get very far.

Medical Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roanoke, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Talecris in August 2008.

Started with an online application, then an interview with the manager, then another interview a few weeks later with someone from the corporate office. This process was followed by an off-site drug screen, and after results were received, a job offer followed

Interview Questions
    There was some room or negotiation, but they have set job descriptions with the salary range already set

QA Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Talecris in July 2010.

Overall an easy interview, no tests - just questions.

Interview Questions
    • What instrumentation are you familiar with?   View Answer

Assistant Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Talecris in April 2011.

1:2, pretty standard behavioral questions (practice them - you can find a good list on the internet), asked about your past job duties, asked why should I hire you. Overall, I did not feel pressured. Pretty standard interview. You will also have to have standard medical screening, which includes a very easy strength test, a drug test, and and sight test.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you?   View Answer
    • Study your behavioral questions. Trust me, you be asked at least 3 of them.   Answer Question
    In this case, since I was a contractor there as really no room for negotiation, the hourly rate was fair. The staffing agency did pay overtime, and you got a little bit of vacation time every month. Also, after 30 days the staffing agency gave you holiday pay, which is pretty rare I would think. They offered insurance as well, but the health insurance wasn't that great, but the dental was on par with what I had seen in the past.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, NC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Talecris in April 2010.

Very friendly and intelligent questions

Interview Questions
    • Explain your experience and knowledge of computer databases   View Answer

Physician Sub I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Talecris in October 2010.

very professional, treated very well, did not ask questionable questions, treated me with extreme respect.

Lab Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Talecris in November 2009.

I applied online through the Talecris website in mid September and got a phone call in October to arrange an interview. My interview was at 11:30 am, and it lasted about half an hour. I met with the supervisor and one of the coordinators in the department I was applying for a position in, and they took me upstairs to conduct the panel interview. Many of the questions were basic interview questions involving strengths and weaknesses. A lot of the questions seemed repetitive, but one of the more unique questions was "tell me a situation in which your integrity was challenged, and how did you go about handling it?" As a company, Talecris places a lot of importance on integrity (especially data integrity), so I would suggest being prepared to answer integrity-related questions. I thought my interview was ok on my part, and I ended up getting an offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation in which you had to go against the grain. How did you handle it?   View Answer
    I was only able to negotiate my start date, not my salary

Managed Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Talecris in March 2010.

They wanted specifics about in-house experience and ability to have a good corporate image, there were 3 interviews one telephone and 2 face to face, they unltimately didn't think I had enough in house experience for the role. Everyone there seemed very intelligent. They are big on specific examples from your background and how you would go about handling different issues that may come up.

Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Talecris in March 2011.

I went to a career fair and met a recruiter, who advised me to apply online for one of their several summer internships. I did so (applying for about 7 different positions) and was contacted via email by an HR rep for to arrange a phone interview for one of the positions. I interviewed with the supervisor for the position I was applying for for 30 minutes. A few days later I was contacted by HR again to arrange a site interview. I went to the interview, got a tour of the facilities, interviewed for 20 minutes again with the immediate supervisor, for 15 minutes with his boss, and got a chance to talk informally with a former intern. A week or so later I was offered a position, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to think creatively or "outside the box" to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    Not applicable.

Worked for Talecris? Contribute to the Community!