Talener Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 19, 2014
13 interviews

2.6

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Talener.

I went through about three rounds of interviews. Although they said they would be in touch they never got in contact with me to let me know I hadn't been chosen for the position. Very unprofessional and seems disorganized.

Lead RM Interview

it was easy. the interviews were basicly to find out if they would want to hang out with you outside of work and if you would work hard and do whatever they say

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Talener.

Applied on LinkedIn. Had an initial phone interview with upper management. Simple get to know you interview with why sales and tell me about yourself, etc. Interview the next day at Talener location with office director and group manager. I was asked behavioral, along with a lot of get to know you questions. After this interview I was told to think the position over and give them a call the next day if I was still interested. After I made the phone call the next morning we set up a final interview the next week. There I met with the office director again, along with two lead relationship manager. They told me about their experiences with Talener and put in a lot of effort to try to get to know my background. Again, I was told to call the office manager in the morning after I was able to take everything in. I called him at the specified time, left a message. After I got no response I gave him a call later that afternoon and got through to his voicemail again. When I didn't hear from him the next day I sent him an email and still haven't even gotten even a generic we're impressed with your experience but we've chosen a more qualified candidate email. Pretty unprofessional in my opinion and ended up being a waste of my time without even a courtesy email.

Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Talener.

phone call, onsite
    look for outgoing, competitive, entry level people

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Talener.

Easy- just be loud, energetic, and mention playing sports or being part of a frat or sorority.

Standard -- phone interview followed by 2 in person interviews

Relationship Manager Interview

I saw a posting on LinkedIn and then had a phone interview. And then had 2 in person interviews.

Relationship Manager Interview

Pretty straight forward. First had a phone interview, and then came in for 2 in person interviews. Standard interview questions, they want to make sure you are ok with the structure and hours.

Interview Questions
    • Was related to the number of cold calls I could make in a day.   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Talener.

Generally, there are 3 interviews,the manager you will be working under as well as the VP or Director of that office. They really want to see drive and the ability to build something, in addition to reiterating that you will need stamina to be on the phone all day cold calling.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question regarded sourcing cold calls, and how I would go about it.   Answer Question
    I was given a base, and a commission plan

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Talener in December 2013.

Pretty straight forward interview. The questions were very personality driven. The interviewer went into details of what the responsibilities of the position were and the overall hierarchy of the office. Another interviewer was brought in and we talked mostly about his experience with Talener. At one point he laughed about being hung up on for referring to a potential client as "bro," which I thought was odd. After two days, I was asked have a phone interview, to see how I could handle phone conversation. I was told a day but not an exact time the interview would occur. The day before my scheduled phone interview, I sent an email for an exact time that did not go responded too. I sent another email the morning of the scheduled interview date, once again asking for the time/ who was supposed to call whom. I then called my initial contact with Talener who informed me that they hired someone for the position in Boston and the phone interview would no longer happen. He then informed me of an opening in New York. I was frustrated by the lack of communication on their part regarding the position in Boston, but I figured I would give the other office a chance and scheduled an interview four days later (the earliest they could get me in.) The day before (~8am) this interview I sent an email to reconfirm. I did not get a response until about 5pm that night informing me that they filled the positions in the NY office as well and that I no longer had an interview. Once again he informed me of an opening in San Fransisco and wanted me to schedule an interview out there. At this point, I was frustrated and decided that I no longer wanted to work for this type of company and declined the interview.

All in all, I feel like this company is disorganized, lack communication, and are trying to expand too quickly. I can not help but question if I had not perpetually reached out to them, would I have been informed of my cancelled interviews. This could have been due to them trying to rush and fill spots prior to the New Year (this took place from December 5-15,) but I cannot be certain. From my experience alone, I would not recommend them.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Talener

Worked for Talener? Contribute to the Community!