Talener Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2015

2.4

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Talener.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview, a long in person interview, and two follow up phone interviews. During the in person interview, I met almost the whole team. One person seemed skeptical of my liberal arts background

Interview Questions

• Why would I hire you if your background is not in sales? Can you handle rejection well? What are the three most important qualities in a sales person?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Talener (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and got a call back soon after for a preliminary interview and then scheduled an in person interview. Ended up going and it was the worst interview experience of my entire life. They had me there for THREE HOURS talking about utter nonsense. Upper management was all men who were basically frat bros with each other. I was interviewed by four people initially. One of the women who came and spoke to me was probably the most off putting obnoxious person I have ever had the misfortune to meet. She basically screamed a conversation at me and left me no room to talk about myself which is after all what you are supposed to do in an interview. All of the interviewers were turned up to 11 and apparently had never heard of the phrase "inside voices."

I couldn't shake the feeling like I was a prey and they were all hungry predators feasting on my above average resume. They all seemed brainwashed into thinking that they had the most important job in history and this was the best company on earth. They all had a surface level kindness to them which clearly could be scratched away to reveal an awful attitude and outlook on life. They all cursed at least two times in their interviews with me which was highly unprofessional, but it did not stop there. None of them seemed to have read my resume or even bothered to learn about their potential candidate before they talked to me. They asked me basic questions about things that were clearly on my resume in front of their face. I think they all just loved to hear themselves talk. I was not particularly interested in sales I was trying to keep an open mind. My interests lie in policy and my degree and prior experience had all been policy based. One interviewer bashed policy, my major and my prior experiences saying that they are "a waste of time."

I put up with it and got out of there as fast as possible. They couldn't even get the hiring manager to come in and wrap up the "interview" I had just had instead they said he "had gotten busy" during the course of my interview and to call him back at the end of the week. I accepted a totally different job the following day and tried to call him to tell him but he told me it was not a good time to talk (I called during their 2 hour break that is mandated in your contract to take and he told me that he was so busy I couldn't get a word in edgewise). I decided to wait until Friday to call back. On Friday, I got a call from the initial woman who interviewed me over the phone. She told me that I had been offered a job and I respectfully declined her offer telling her I had accepted a different job offer which was more aligned with my interests. She then proceeded to SCOLD ME, telling me how disrespectful and unprofessional it was not to have contacted her to tell her this (no one had told me to contact this woman let alone what her name even was). She told me to never contact them or this company again because they will never speak to me or consider me for another position.

All in all, steer clear of this place. It is an absolute waste of your time and energy. Working here would have been the actual representation of a nightmare. If you see this job posting anywhere, steer clear.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Talener in March 2015.

Interview

First they do a phone screening, then if they like you they contact you for a second interview in person. Then I had a phone interview from the management. All in all, the process is really rigorous for what seems like such a basic and demeaning job. They seem to only want people with frat/sorority backgrounds

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Talener (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Applied on linkedin. Got a call the next day to schedule a phone interview. Received a call after that to come in on-site and interview in person. Met the staff, and had a second round interview 2 days later. The following week I spoke with 2 other executives on the phone, and then received the job offer soon after.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Talener.

Interview

Had one interview, declined the offer for a second interview. The initial interview lasted about two and a half hours. 2.5 hours of my life I will never get back. The people were nice, but very unprofessional. Be upfront with your candidates and tell them this is the epitome of a pyramid scheme. If you want to cold call for the rest of your life, this is the job for you!

Interview Questions

• Fundamental interview questions - strengths/weaknesses, why sales, elaborate on your background   Answer Question

Unprofessional

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Talener.

Interview

Had an initial interview. Met with about five different people. Had a pretty good feeling. They called me back for a second interview which I also thought went well. I was told I would receive a call on Monday with a update. Never heard anything. Pretty standard interview questions such as why sales and that type of thing. Most questions could have been answered off my resume. Pay seems decent if you bring on enough clients to raise your base

Interview Questions

• Totally standard interview questions. Why sales? What do you do in your free time? and so on   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Talener.

Interview

Apply on LinkedIn. Get invited for an onsite interview, very casual and unstructured where you meet with the management team and get introduced to more people if they like you. You end up telling your life story and heartbreaks because they want to see you're tough and have been through adversity, but honestly it could be done much more professionally.

Interview Questions

• Why recruiting? Because shoot I didn't know at the time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer and that's it.

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Talener.

Interview

Came for the interview, had a short dialogue with the person who invited me, very common questions, he said he would introduce me to his team and eventually I had SAME interviews with 5 very young unprofessional different people. They've asked the questions, answers to which they could easily find in my resume (What for do they ask for the resume?) Even though the one that invited me e-mailed that they have positions with quite prominent and prosperous companies - later I realized that no one from their team had any position that more or less fits me and they don't have ANY positions with those companies they've mentioned in their e-mail. All they do is just look for positions on such general websites like craigslist and dice etc. and offer to people. Waist of time! I've already had interview with the company they had A SINGLE ONE position with.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Talener.

Interview

I went through about three rounds of interviews. Although they said they would be in touch they never got in contact with me to let me know I hadn't been chosen for the position. Very unprofessional and seems disorganized.

Lead RM Interview

Interview

it was easy. the interviews were basicly to find out if they would want to hang out with you outside of work and if you would work hard and do whatever they say