Talener

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Talener in February 2012.

Interview Details – I found the position posted on a career site and it highlight recent college graduates so I applied. I had a phone interview within a week with an associate in their San Francisco office. It is important for me to say that at the time I was in New York seeking a position on the West Coast. After speaking with the associate the manager called be a few days later.

Both conversations were relatively straight forward; getting an idea for my work ethic, experience and desire to work as a recruiter ect.

After speaking with the manager in San Francisco he wanted me to come in for an on-site. Since I was in NY still they scheduled an on-site in their HQ in NY.

Walking into the office everyone was truly enjoying their work environment, someone must have closed a deal at the time because they were all cheering and clapping. Everyone was in casual clothing.

I interviewed with the CEO first, and three other recruiters. Again relatively straightforward interviewing, nothing surprising.

A few days later I hear from the Manager in SF and he said that he got good feedback but would not know for sure unless I came in house to their office.

Feeling confident I flew out the following week to interview.

The day I was scheduled to interview the Manager left the office early. I was put off by this however I interviewed with three other associates in the office. It went very well.

I called the manager several days after since I had not heard. He said he got great feedback from the associates and would get back to me after the weekend.

I didn't hear anything on Monday, sent him an email. Called the office on Tuesday and he was out sick.

I sent another email and NEVER received anything in return.

I found it EXTREMELY unprofessional ESPECIALLY after making a trip for the position after so many different interviews.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult, just very unprofessional in the way they handled the situation all together.   Answer Question

Worked for Talener? Contribute to the Community!