Talent Plus Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2015

3.6

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Talent Plus.

Interview

Many phone interviews involved in their process. I received a call from their initial contact which took about 15 minutes. It was a few general get to know you questions along with some of their guided interview questions. I was then told I would receive a call within 24 hours to schedule another interview.

The second interview was a very nice woman who read the script she was given. It took about an hour and a half in total and seemed to be about 4 to 5 questions in a row that related to work ethic (honesty, integrity, positivity on a scale of 1 to 10 and/or tell me about a time you demonstrated this trait) and then a question that was a bit off topic such as a phrase you have memorized or what you do for fun, and then it would repeat. This process happens for the second interview as well, along with a writing assessment.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 to 10 are you positive, better than your peers, a hard worker etc   1 Answer
    • Are you a digital or analog thinker?   1 Answer
    • Tell us a phrase you have memorized?   1 Answer

Bobbi Brown Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Talent Plus (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

A brief 20 minute over the phone interview with some lady who sounded like a talking computer. She read her questions and I was not aloud to ask for clarification you must answer based on how you interpret it. She asked questions based on my response in certain situations and how I would handle them.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your friend was giving away free product?   3 Answers

Negotiation

None.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Talent Plus (Lincoln, NE) in January 2015.

Interview

Multiple hour plus phone interviews, multiple personality assessments, and a reading and writing essay. The whole process was overblown and repetitive. After the fourth request for an assessment and this one being 3 hours long, I gave up. Even after all of those, and passed, I still did was not at the point of a face to face interview.

Clinque Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belk, AL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Talent Plus (Belk, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

Had initial interview with store manager. Follow ip interview with the Account Exec for Clinique. Then if I made the cut I was forwarded to the talent plus career interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you liked?
      From a scale from 1 to 10 Rank yourself as a positive person.

3 Answers

Negotiation

There was mot one

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Talent Plus (Lincoln, NE) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online and heard within two days from HR person. Very quick turnaround. Did an initial interview with that HR person (30-45 min of personality-based questions) and then a longer interview (1.5 hours) with an interviewer I was impressed with how efficiently they got back to me. Interviews were pretty standard, not overly difficult, a lot of personality questions and rating of your qualities on a scale of 1-10 (dependability, reliability, competitiveness, positivity).

Interview Questions

• Are you a smiler? Why?   1 Answer
    • Are you addicted to positivity?   1 Answer
    • Is lying ever morally acceptable?   1 Answer
    • Are a sales- or customer service-oriented person?   1 Answer
    • What qualities do you look for in a friend?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Talent Plus in January 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews about 90 minutes long. Behavioral "structural" interview process. Lots of questions about how competitive you are, if you can win someone over in an argument, asking for specific examples. Rank yourself on a scale of 1 to 10. Multi-part questions, usually followed by "... and why?" How dependable are you, etc. Many repeated questions. You should have a lot of specific anecdotes that demonstrate positive attributes handy. Left me with the impression this might be an annoying place to work.

Interview Questions

• "Are you addicted to a positive attitude?"   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Talent Plus in April 2013.

Interview

People were nice. Slow to respond at times with email communication but interview process was fairly basic. When I went in to interview it was a laid back feel and the questions were more or less the same as the phone interview. Office is a cool space!

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about positivity?   1 Answer

Bilingual Leadership Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Talent Plus (Lincoln, NE) in October 2011.

Interview

I originally heard of this position from a friend who met someone at the company. I made contact with this person and we spoke in both Spanish and English during this time. I sent him copies of papers that I had written during my first year of graduate school and we got along great. I then applied online with the company and ended up speaking to two other employees via skype. I head all about the position and was then selected for my first interview. The first interview was a phone interview that lasted approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes. The questions were very tedious and unique and could sometimes be frustrating as you were asked a question and then the reasoning was asked later. I among many others would include my reasoning in my first response because that is a natural response and then had to either resumarize or state that my response had been previously stated. Some of the questions were rather surprising but they want the responses to be as natural as possible. After about two weeks without hearing a response, I emailed the man in charge of hiring for this particular position and he told me that I was selected for a second phone interview and needed to write two essays. The essays/article analysis were to be handed in a week from receiving them and were two journal articles that were fairly long. Each essay had to be 3 pages: one in Spanish and one in English. After I submitted my essays I was told that they were going to get reviewed by the committee, and my second phone interview was scheduled for that same week.

Second Phone Interview: My second interview was about 2.5-3 hours and consisted of the same process as my prior interview. However, the intervierer had no idea that this was my second interview and seemed shocked. That was a big eye opener for me as I was about to embark on a 3 hour interview with someone from the company that had no idea of my experience and or past interviews with the company....This interview asked A LOT of the same questions as the first interview and many of the questions asked are re-asked as many as 3 times during the same interview. It can be frustrating because you had literally just answered that question in the first interview or 5 minutes ago in the current interview.

Results: Talent+ lacks informing their interviewees. I turned these documents in 3 months ago and am yet to hear anything back from their company. I was highly disappointed in this because being from Lincoln, I wanted to support a locally owned business. I have even e-mailed two of the people that I originally spoke with and organized the interviews with and they never responded to my e-mails. I think this is a POOR REFLECTION on a company that is based on recruiting and finding the right Talent for the right Position. Normally communication is a fundamental role in any hiring/recruiting process and this seems to be one area that Talent+ lacks. I have also met other students and or past interviewees or have mentioned the same problem. They interviewed and were never given a response.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions dealt with prior experiences, stories, problems from your past...etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Talent Plus (Lincoln, NE) in December 2008.

Interview

Longer than average interview process. Must go through at least two phone interviews and then typically two in person interviews. Was notified within 24 hours that I was offered a position after the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about yourself.   3 Answers

Marketing Interview

Interview

Was not offered a position, but after the process I'm a little relieved. Process was very confusing. HR person was initially very responsive, then unresponsive, then responsive, and so on. The whole situation was "flakey." Not impressed.