Talisman Energy

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews

Finance Interview

Finance

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Talisman Energy in March 2011.

Interview Details – First round was a group interview. If you successfully made it through that, you get put through to the second and final round which is a 1:1 interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

Graduate Geophysicist Interview

Graduate Geophysicist

Interviewed at Talisman Energy

Interview Details – behavioural and technical interview in around 45 minutes

Interview Question – What you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

New Grad Geophysicist Interview

New Grad Geophysicist

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Talisman Energy in May 2008.

Interview Details – Fairly run of the mill interview. The interview was behavioural based and included me describing my past experiences. The interviewer was very enthusiastic and I could tell we was very interested in my skill set. He made an effort to follow-up after the interview and set-up a meeting with key personnel after I had been offered a job.

Interview Question – When have you had a conflict with a coworker at work and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Procurement Interview

Procurement

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Talisman Energy in March 2009.

Interview Details – One interview face to face and one with senior manager to get acceptance

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty relaxed

Lead Interview

Lead
Calgary, AB (Canada)

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Talisman Energy in February 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview, followed by group interview and interview with Executive.

Interview Question – Why are you considering this position?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Talisman Energy in September 2009.

Interview Details – They asked" what salary do you want?" I said at least 2000 USD/month

Interview Questions

GIS Interview

GIS
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Talisman Energy in November 2011.

Interview Details – First, it was with the team lead. About an hour long talking about past working experience. 2 weeks later, got called for the 2nd interview with the department head. It was mostly focused on interpersonal skills.

Interview Question – What was your weakness?   Answer Question

Wellsite Geologist Interview

Wellsite Geologist
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Talisman Energy in July 2013.

Interview Details – Through networking. Interview was focused to check my experience.

Interview Question – About salary.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Talisman Energy in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed by HR and 2 senior managers

Engineering Manager Interview

Engineering Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Talisman Energy.

Interview Details – I was initially referred by a Talisman employee, this did not work internally, i got selected when referred by a pricy international head hunter. I meet with 6 different highly ranked VPs, more of a social chat than a competency assessment.

Interview Question – When are you ready to start!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – So so

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Talisman Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Talisman Energy Videos

Talisman Energy – Why Work for Us?

Talisman is committed to conducting its business safely and in an ethically, socially and environmentally responsible manner. The company is a participant in the United Nations Global Compact and is also included in the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Talisman Energy interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Talisman Energy employees and interview candidates.