Talyst

Very Easy Interview

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Talyst in May 2008.

Interview Details – In my particular case I didn't even have an interview as it was during a time in which they needed people on the phones. My background was more than enough for the position. Customer service experience is definitely a plus. The technical skills can be worked on, but minimum requirements are a fairly wide range. I would recommend strong computer knowledge, meaning know your way around the machine. Also any experience with Microsoft SQL server is definitely going to make it easier. You will find those in the actual team are very friendly. Managers are great too.

Interview Question – Questions are pretty straightforward. There isn't any highly technical questions although it will depend on your skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I started out as a contractor from campus point and after 4 months I was able to get a full time position. There wasn't a whole lot of negotiation. I was told the typical range for the position and based on performance I was able to get middle to high. Benefits and such are standard and not negotiable.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Talyst in April 2009.

Interview Details – Following my application online, I received an email from the Human Resource department stating that I had the skills they were seeking and that they would like to move forward, starting with a telephone interview. That went very well, and I am scheduled for a face to face meeting next week.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions about us?   View Answer
  • The pay is $10 per hour, because that is the going rate for interns with our company. Is that acceptable?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Talyst? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Talyst interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Talyst employees and interview candidates.