Tampa General Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.6

Manager Interview

Interview

Very easy going and stress free. I met one on one with the hiring manager first. I then met with human resources. Overall, a very pleasant experience. I would recommend this facility.

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital (Tampa, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

TGH is a very complex and strict system however the employees are very hospitable. I am just starting externship there but would be delighted to become an employee. They have some of the best benefits around the area and the have state of the art equipment.

RN Interview

Interview

Interview scheduled by HR who talked to me over the phone and by email. Supervisor and her manager interviewed me. I was interviewed early in the morning. They asked about my clinical background, experience, how I get along in an office environment and team work type questions.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

After the application was submitted, I got a call about 2 weeks later for an interview. It was a panel of 6 people. They said I would hear back between 1 and 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• If I had a lazy co worker who kept asking me to do do things while they were just sleeping. What would I do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital (Tampa, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

What a disaster. Job requirements changed 3 times during the process, 2 full work days of interviews -one half day, one phone. Some interviewers were unprepared, had no idea why I was there. Paper system didn't sync with online, test intended for clinical providers but position administrative. Over four months, I waited weeks waiting for basic updates from absentee/unprofessional recruiters, staff were unable to answer questions about career options and/or EOE. Two implied offers for two different positions, lowballed on the second, then offer rescinded following request for clarity. I've never been so confused during a hiring process. Nor disappointed. A shame, as this is a beautiful facility...and I did meet some really nice people along the way. Still, they have a cultural issue that needs to be addressed.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about Employee X, Y or Z? What do you think about current area strategies?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital.

Interview

Two month process total including phone and in person interviews, lond distance so I flew in twice for in person and panel interviews as well as drug and background screen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, offer was acceptable and I was pleased.

Physical Therapist Interview

Interview

The interview was conducted with 4 other therapists in the department who took turns asking questions about my past work experience and how I would react in real world PT situations.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you would do if you walked into a room with a patient?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital (Tampa, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Easy. Interviewed and was hired within a couple of days. Almost everyone in my graduating class from nursing school received jobs. The only people who didn't failed the very arbitrary personality assessment. In fact some who failed were top students in nursing school and performed extremely well in their clinicals and have gone on to have successful careers. My advice would be to dump the personality assessment.

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital.

Interview

One interview with manager, then tour of unit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital (Tampa, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Prompt response to application for position, interview with staff and assistant manager where roles were discussed along with work relationships and expectations in job role. Positive feedback during interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about conflict in previous positions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had researched the company and surrounding companies to know what the base salary should be and was offered a higher rate than I expected along with the possibility of increases within the next year based on performance.