Tapestry Solutions

Updated Jul 3, 2014
Updated Jul 3, 2014

3.3

Software Engineer, Part Time Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tapestry Solutions.

Got a phone call after the Cal Poly Career Fair to interview on site. Interviewed about a week later. There was a written test (20 mins) followed by an interview with 4 developers and a project manager. The interview started with some simple questions about myself, and ended with solving a problem in java on a white board.

Project Manager Interview

Received a telephone call saying I am being considered for the position. Initially completed a phone interview. Later was invited for an in person interview. I met with two people, each asking me questions on my background and level of knowledge in logistics software. Interview lasted about a half hour. I was told I would get a call from HR. A few days later I did and received the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions I was asked were not too difficult. Most concern was about the software product and dealing with Government customers.   Answer Question

Software Engineer, Part Time Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tapestry Solutions.

After 20 min written test, you take the 40 min interview in front of 7 people.

Interview Questions
    • The last question was making paint(from window Accessories) in 2D array format. If you fill in a color for a pixel, the adjacent pixel with same color should be changed too.   Answer Question

Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tapestry Solutions in December 2013.

Contact initiated by HR in response to a resume. HR then arranged an interview. Unfortunately, the individual who performed the interview (by phone) at some point referred to the position as "junior." When I bowed out in response to that description, it was clear that the interviewer was pleased. When I spoke to HR after the interview, he was unclear about why the position was labeled "junior." The person I interviewed with would have been a coworker. It's not difficult to read between the lines. This is an example why it's never a good idea for coworkers or supervisors to perform interviews or to perform them without a witness. It was politics as usual.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tapestry Solutions.

I wasn't asked any technical questions but was asked a STAR approach by 4 different people who then scored my answers. The interview lasted about an hour. The kinds of questions are name a time when a certain event happened, how did you handle that specific event and what was the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you disagreed with your boss. What was the specific disagreement? What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Field Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yorktown, VA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tapestry Solutions.

Had to interview with six different individuals starting on the lower floor of their office building in Yorktown VA and work your way up to the top floor. They was looking at my ability to trouble shoot. This was an important part of the interview as to if I would just simply state I dont know the answer to a question or would I try to figure out the answer to the question or all the posible answers.

Interview Questions
    • If the computer you are working on keeps turning off everytime you try to start it up, what could it be.   Answer Question
    I personnally was asked what salary I wanted and when I stated the salary I wanted they accepted immediately. I guess they were willing to go higher.

Software Engineer Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tapestry Solutions in November 2012.

Pretty simple. Come in, given a short 15 minute quiz to complete. Contains various technical questions. After 15 minutes, a person takes you into a conference room and you're interviewed with around 6 other people. Gave me two interview questions and a few Java technical questions

Interview Questions
    • Write a function that prints all the odd numbers from 100-0.   View Answer
    No negotation

Field Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yorktown, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tapestry Solutions in November 2009.

I went through 4 interviews and I left feeling like there was no way I was going to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked technical questions about troubleshooting computers that got progressively harder.   View Answer
    They asked me what I required but just asked to industry standard pay and I was pleasently Surprised.