Taphandles

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Taphandles

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Taphandles.

I heard about the job through a friend. Their HR department reached out to me and linked me to their job posting once it was active. Their initial application is to have applicants write what could be considered a joint cover letter/resume, which serves as a topical basis for the interviews. There was a phone interview which seemed to be more of a formality, making sure you're not completely inept., a 1:1 interview, then a panel interview. There was also a written argument test, really similar to the analytical writing assessment portion of the GMAT. The whole interview process was pretty light-hearted, the people I spoke to during my interviews seemed like they enjoyed working there.

Interview Questions
    • My interviewer pulled a "random" tap handle off the wall and asked me how I thought it was made.   Answer Question

Director Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Taphandles in April 2012.

Interesting cover letter request "Tell about your philosophy on employee relations/management and a time you turned around a sitution for the better." One interview with company president: very likable and interesting fellow. The office is very creative and high energy. Was not prepared to be offered a beer before the interview. The entire business revolves around beer (tap handles, glasses, signs and branding/marketing campaigns). You should be prepared to discuss beers you like and brands you admire.

Interview Questions
    • "which beer brand do you feel has a good market campaign locally?" Just caught me off guard. Of course I had lots of thoughts on the subject after the fact. Also, handed a few tap handles and asked how I thought they were created. Don't want to give too much away: just have to be able to show you can think things logically through.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Taphandles in October 2011.

Craigslist ad replied to by the art director (even though it was a development job...) asked if I could come in the same day. Seemed rushed.

Interview consisted of the art director asking me vague questions about what kind of websites I like, where I see myself in so many years, etc.

Current web developer (later learned he was leaving for a better paying job -- warning sign!) came in to ask some technical questions.

Then they brought in this guy with a crew cut who had no experience in web development or computers in general just try to bully me. Got the impression he was ex-military.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult, though I was expecting a single technical question...   Answer Question

The salary they offered was laughable.