Taphandles Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2015

2.4

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Taphandles (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Similar to the other interviews, I was contacted initially via e-mail to schedule a phone interview with their HR representative. From there, I met 1:1 with a lead PM in-office for about an hour. The third round interview was three hours and included several meetings - some 1:1, one panel interview, as well as a written portion to complete. The next day, I was asked to do one more writing test as if I was writing an e-mail response to a client. I was extended a verbal offer by the HR representative and was told that then would be a good time to negotiate rather than doing it once hired and to please follow up via e-mail with thoughts on "what I could work with". I followed up via e-mail within the time frame requested with slight negotiations and they decided to retract the verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• If I was deserted on an island and could bring two things with me what would they be.   Answer Question

I attempted to negotiate the initial offer (as requested). I didn't accept as-is.

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Taphandles (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

There are three rounds of interviews. The first is basically a phone screening with he woman who works in HR, basic questions about experience, software proficiencies etc. The next is a one one one interview, which took about an hour and was fairly informal. The final round of interviews included a panel interview with other project managers, a written test, and two one on one interviews with a sales rep and the CEO. All in all it was a fairly comfortable pleasant interview experience. Everyone there seemed friendly and quite happy to be working there.

Interview Questions

• The CEO asked me to take a position on an issue and try to convince him to agree with me. This one kind of threw me for a loop.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Taphandles (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I heard about the job through a friend. Their HR department reached out to me and linked me to their job posting once it was active. Their initial application is to have applicants write what could be considered a joint cover letter/resume, which serves as a topical basis for the interviews. There was a phone interview which seemed to be more of a formality, making sure you're not completely inept., a 1:1 interview, then a panel interview. There was also a written argument test, really similar to the analytical writing assessment portion of the GMAT. The whole interview process was pretty light-hearted, the people I spoke to during my interviews seemed like they enjoyed working there.

Interview Questions

• My interviewer pulled a "random" tap handle off the wall and asked me how I thought it was made.   Answer Question

Director Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Taphandles (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

Interesting cover letter request "Tell about your philosophy on employee relations/management and a time you turned around a sitution for the better." One interview with company president: very likable and interesting fellow. The office is very creative and high energy. Was not prepared to be offered a beer before the interview. The entire business revolves around beer (tap handles, glasses, signs and branding/marketing campaigns). You should be prepared to discuss beers you like and brands you admire.

Interview Questions

• "which beer brand do you feel has a good market campaign locally?" Just caught me off guard. Of course I had lots of thoughts on the subject after the fact. Also, handed a few tap handles and asked how I thought they were created. Don't want to give too much away: just have to be able to show you can think things logically through.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Taphandles (Seattle, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

Craigslist ad replied to by the art director (even though it was a development job...) asked if I could come in the same day. Seemed rushed.

Interview consisted of the art director asking me vague questions about what kind of websites I like, where I see myself in so many years, etc.

Current web developer (later learned he was leaving for a better paying job -- warning sign!) came in to ask some technical questions.

Then they brought in this guy with a crew cut who had no experience in web development or computers in general just try to bully me. Got the impression he was ex-military.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult, though I was expecting a single technical question...   Answer Question

The salary they offered was laughable.