Target

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

I applied for the job online and was called the following day to set up an interview. At the store I answered a few "scenario" questions online similar to those on the original application. I then watched a short video which outlined the basics of the job. The interviiewer was very friendly and easy to talk with. I woman and asked the sasked the same questions that others have posted here on Glassdoor. I then met with the store manager. Again, very personable woman asked me the "shoe" question. I was than asked to wait for the human resources manager. Unfortunately I was unable to begin work on the date that they offered and so could not accept the offer.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult and none were unexpected thanks to posting of questions here on Glassdoor.   Answer Question

Could not start on date offered

Executive Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Target in October 2012.

I found the Target intern program through them heavily recruiting on campus. I went to basically an open house for them when they discussed more about the company. If you decide to go to one of these be prepared, they will put you on the spot (but in a good way). In a way it was a prep for if you were going to decide to move on to the interview process.

I did my first interview on campus with two representatives. One asked questions, one wrote down my answers. It went smooth and the questions were your average behavioral questions. They want all the details. From there they called a day later to let me know I moved on to get a second interview and gave me my interviewers phone number to call and get feedback on my first interview to see how I could improve for my second.

My second interview was at our district office with a district team leader. Some of the questions were repeats and some were not, but only had about five. However, I was asked almost the same questions in three different ways and had to give one on the fly because I didn't have enough examples. Those were all regarded situations that went wrong, and how did I fix it or how did I deal with the people etc...

I found out a week later I got the intern positon, but they did wait until the last minute to find out my location.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a team member
      Tell me about a time when you worked with a team
      Tell me about a time when you lead a team

View Answer

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in June 2011.

Know your leadership skills and understand your opportunities

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what you did about it.   Answer Question
    Take it or leave it.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2010.

Met with a representative at a career fair.
    Applied Online.
    Got a short phone interview.
    Was asked to interview on campus. 2:1 (them) Situational Based
    Received another interview on location, two interviews. One with HR and one with 2 senior level Managers.
    Phone interview with regional representative.

Positive experience, everyone I met with was extremely friendly, open and engaging.

Interview Questions
    • What was a mistake you made, and how did you overcome it. What did you learn?   Answer Question
    • Describe a creative solution to made to a problem.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target in May 2010.

A tough interview with a pannel of three or more management heads and executive leaders.

Interview Questions
    • What are you expectations for yourself in the future and how do you plan to obtain them?   View Answer