Target

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Had one phone interview which was supposed to be 30 minutes but it was only 6 minutes. But somehow they invited me to another interview with 2 Store managers at a time. then i met the district manager.

Interview Question – What makes you a leader   Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Called 30 minutes late

Interview Question – Describe a time when you experienced a set back   Answer Question

Greenville, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in March 2010.

Interview Details – you have to go through three interviews in person and one phone interview . they ask you questions from a prewritten sheet,

Interview Question – what is your strongest and weakest qualitys, what do you feel you need to work on   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation they make a offer and its either yes or no

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – The STAR method of questioning. Make sure to reference one specific situation and highlight your role and the results. Have some high level examples in your mind to refer to. There will be several levels of interviews with upper management. If you do well you may be considered for a higher position and the process may begin again.

Interview Question – What type of recommendation would your previous job give you and why?   Answer Question

Miami, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Target in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the Assistant Manager Trainee Program at Target through my university. A week after handing in my resume at a career fair, I received an email stating that I was a potential candidate. I was asked to fill out the application online, and complete a 94 question online assesment thereafter. The assesment was a bit difficult. It contined analytical, behavioral, and math based questions. Throughout the process, I received an email requesting a phone interview. The interviewer was extremely polite, and very nice. The first question was to tell him about myself, then he asked me why I wanted to work at Target. The third question was why I would be a good fit for the company, then he asked what were my career goals and where I saw myself in 5 years. The next series of questions were behavioral based like" Can you think of a time where you had to make a difficult decision at work? Can you think of a school or work project that you recently worked on and what was the outcome? Did you ever have a problem with anyone at work and how did you handle the situation? Can you tell me about a situation at work or school were you had to help one of your peers with a work/school conflict? Lastly, he asked me if I had ever made a mistake or a wrong decision at work and what I learned from it. Then of course he asked me if I had any questions! The interview was about 20-30 mins. The next step is to wait to see if I hear from them in the next couple of days. I hope my review is helpful! : )

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a problem with anyone at work and how did you handle th esituation?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever made a mistake at work or made a wrong desicion? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

San Bernardino, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in March 2011.

Interview Details – Started with a phone Interview
Next step was another phone interview
Then I met with the District Manager.

Everyone was nice. In the end I didn't get an offer but I would rate the experience as positive. Every question is "Tell me about a time when..."

I didn't hear back for a while so when I emailed my recruiter I was responded to with a cut copy paste rejection letter.

Interview Question – No horrible questions. Just prepare a lot of what ifs.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in February 2010.

Interview Details – They spent a time looking at my chest and not my face. it was not the professional enviornment as i expected

Interview Question – how many years experience do you have   View Answer

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online. After that a hr rep e-mailed me and set up a time that someone could call me for a interview. They gave me several options for when the interview would take place. They also let me know that the interview answers should take place using the STAR method. They even send me a link so that I would know what it was. It is a good thing that I opened it beacuse they commenented on the fact that I had opened it.

Interview Question – What are 3 postives that you could bring   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in September 2011.

Interview Details – They called the week after leaving my resume at a job fair. I met with 2 managers. All behavoiral questions. I then was sent on to the district a week later. Same type of interview. I didn't feel that I was being asked to sell myself. Perhaps I should have.

Interview Question – Tell about time when you did something wrong   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target Assistant Manager interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.