Target

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Waterbury, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in September 2012.

Interview Details – initial phone call then 2 interviews in store one after the other then waited to hear back for 5 days

Interview Question – whats your worst quality   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview lasted about 15 minutes. It was about 5 questions. You know the usual, so tell me about yourself. Then I was asked about a time when I thought my supervisor was wrong and how did I handle it. Next was, tell me about a time when you led a team. I thought the interview went well, but within 2 hours I got an email saying they choose to go with other applicants.

Interview Question – I was asked about a time when I thought my supervisor was wrong and how did I handle it.   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in December 2011.

Interview Details – Good structured interview process:
All behavior based questions
Moderate to difficult exam taken online
1. I first got a phone call from a recruiter. He went through general survey type questions
2. I had an interview with the recruiter.
3. I had a phone interview with the District Manager
4. I had an in person interview with a Store Manger

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to deliver bad news to a supervisor?   View Answers (2)

Very Difficult Interview

Tucson, AZ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in April 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview and personal interview were focused on past experience. The interviewer asked many difficult questions, many related to situations I had not experienced. As a result, I had to jumble an answer together. To succeed in an interview with this company, you must either be great at making up stories about work experience or have years and years of managerial experience. I was asked about situations that ranged from unusual to flat-out unrealistic. I have a fair amount of experience working and managing, but I believe they expected more, perhaps too much, from an individual who is still in college.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a situation where your manager had acted inappropriately, you had confronted him on his bad behavior, and he threatened you in response.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time that you had failed to care for a customer. What went wrong?   Answer Question

Lafayette, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in December 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online when I first graduated from college and never heard back from the company. When my wife and I moved I applied again, had not heard back from them, and so on a shopping trip to their store I asked a woman who was wearing a name tag that read "trainer" when I could expect to hear back from them. She was nice enough to take my name and information. She must have thought well of me as I received a call from a Target interviewer the next day. The phone interview went well. He sent me a lengthy internet personality/skills test which I took. He called back and told me that I had an interview that week and whether or not I got the assistant manager position Target would find a way to bring me on board, possibly as a team leader. He told me to get my suit ready for the interview and I did. I arrived at the store in a suit and immediately felt over dressed. The store manager who was interviewing me wore khakis and his target polo. The interview went well until I began to ask about hours-a-week, sick leave, vacation, etc... I think he took this line of questioning as laziness on my part. To emphasize I was much the opposite of lazy I said something along the lines of "I believe I will do well and advance through hard work". As I finished saying that, he, in a hostile tone, said "This is an eighty million dollar a year store. You think I succeed because I work hard. It takes leadership." I firmly believe that the phrase "hard-work" destroyed the interview, so if you go into the one on one make sure to emphasize the point that you will advance through your leadership abilities.
I thought the two went hand in hand but obviously I was mistaken. Maybe it was some other aspect of the interview that was the job killer, I am not sure. Either way, not only did I not get the Assistant Manager position, but I did not get the team leader position I thought I was getting either way.
I wish they would tell you at the end of an interview you did not get the job and why.

Interview Question – Describe a win-win situation?   View Answer

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – The initial interview is set up by the administration assistant. There are multiple people interviewing at the same time. You go through three rounds of interviews and they are conducted by upper level managers, of course you just think they are regular employees. But you find out differently after you are hired.

Interview Question – How would you effectively manage a team that has poor communication, ethics, and morals?   Answer Question

Assistant Retail Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by a recruiter. Took online test, had over phone interview, interviewed with recruiter in person, then interview with Store Manager, District Manager then Regional Manager

Interview Question – I did not think any of the questions were difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I could negotiate

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Lot of scenario question

Interview Question – None, prepare for everything, google and do research or u will not get the job   Answer Question

Assistant Retail Store Manager

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in February 2010.

Interview Details – The online test was difficult. If you followed the rules you weren't allowed to use a calculator and there were a lot of math questions that couldn't be done on your fingers and toes. There were also several personality questions and planning questions. I wasn't impresses with the phone interviewer. You could tell he was just running down a list of questions instead of actually listening. He kept asking questions about situational experiences from College. That was 17 years ago. I have trouble remembering two weeks ago. At the end when I asked about the position I didn

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed on your job.   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!