Target

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online received a phone call wjthin three days to set up phone interview two days later. Receive phone interview by etl he was so nice basically ask me about my personality,my recent retail experience. I did great with the phone interview and was told I would get a second interview later in the week. Three days passed and I didn't receive the phone call for second interview. So I called to the store to speak with the etlwho interviewed me. I call everyday until the hr told me she plan on calling me in two hours for second interview. She did call me and I was set up to come in the next day. I came in the next day did the assessment on the kiosk. I interviewed with a another etl and it was so freaking fun, she hired me on the spot, she said I think you are what we look for. My next step was to do a drug test and begin orientation.

Interview Question – Very easy questions they love if you smile a lot and be super happy. You have to like talking and helping people   Answer Question

Soft Lines Team Member Interview

Soft Lines Team Member
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I applied on-line and about a week later I got a call asking if I could come in for an interview sometime that week. I schedule the interview and on the day of I went in the actual store location where I applied. The HR manager met me and took me back to their office. They mainly asked general situational type questions. The interview wasn't that long. I honestly think they just wanted to see what I looked liked and how I presented myself.

Interview Question – Didn't have any questions of the sort.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Senior Team Leader Replenishment Interview

Senior Team Leader Replenishment
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Target in June 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted by Target recruiter for phone interview.
Interview was very basic with behavorial based questions.
After passing interview recieved set up for second phone interview, although three weeks later. Same format, with different store leader.
After passing that portion, contacted another 2 weeks later to travel to interview with district manager in person. Same format. Traveled 3 hours, offered compensation but never recieved it.
Job offfered that day and started another three weeks later.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you challegned a superior and it was not recieved well   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Applied for ETL position, but was contacted via phone with an offer to be interviewed for a TL position. I accepted the request to be interviewed. I had my first interview with 2 ETLs, both of them asking me questions of why do I want to work for Target, why did you leave your last job?Tell me a time when you made a mistake and how you resolved it? A scenario: you were pushing a buggy full of items to be put on a shelf, while working a customer asked you for help, what would you do? etc...
The very same day, few hours after I arrived home one of the ETLs called me to schedule a 2nd interview with a store manager. That interview was short, only 3 questions were asked: Tell me about a mistake and how you resolved it? A customer purchased a merchandise for $15, but it rang up $20 at the register, what would you do? what are your interests
5 days after the 2nd interview, the same ETL called me to schedule a 3rd interview with a District Manager... I am currently working on that!

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. Prepare as many as "Tell me a time..."questions.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on the computers in the store. I got a call 2 hours later for a phone interview set up. The phone interview was the part where they really decide it seems. After that I had my 1 on 1 interview. This all happened in a matter of 4 days. I think they just really needed people so this probably isn't a typical time frame. At the interview you take a mini assessment on the computer, not nearly as long as the one during the application. You watch a 4-5 minute video. It's fairly simple but pay attention because they asked you what you learned from it / what it showed. You get some scenario questions with one person. It's from a sheet just like the phone interview but way easier. Then after that you have to take a drug test within 24 hours. They do a background check and you just wait. I got a conditional yes, pending the rest of it. I'm excited about it. Good luck you all :)

Interview Question – Name a time you had to complete a task quickly and realized you messed up afterwards.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – On the application I said negotiable. They gave me a quarter above the average. I would have liked more, but hey who wouldn't.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for ETL position through campus career services department. I was contacted for an in-person, on-campus interview. 2:1 interview that lasted about 1 hour. They asked about my resume/strengths. I was invited to do another in person interview at the Atlanta store - I had two 1:1 interviews, lasting about 45 minutes each.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you did not get along with a co-worker. How did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process is fairly simple, but it is in two stages. The first is an over the phone interview which includes questions regarding your communication skills, multi-tasking skills, interpersonal skills. For example: Name a time when you had a guest come in and complain about a certain product. How did you react, and what did you do to resolve the issue?
Of course, both interviews ask the same question right at the beginning; Tell me a little about yourself. Of course the interviewers here are looking to see what all you say, how quickly you come up with the answer(s), and how well you deal with an open-ended question.
The sad thing is, both interviews use the same questions, the second one ask just a few extras. For example: If a guest came into your line at check-out and the item you rang up said $19.99, but the guest said it was for $15.99, what would you do? Depending on the interviewer will depend on if you can get away with certain answers.
Most of the times the phone interview will take place a few days up to a week before they call back letting you know whether or not they want to continue the process with you.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question: If you and another team member got into an argument, would you let it escalate into an actual psychical fight?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is not much of a negotiation phase at all. After both interviews they ask you to come in and sign the paperwork, then give you a medical sheet and tell you to go take a drug test at the nearest medical center, and within 48 hours. They will show you how much you're going to get paid (per hour/salary) and that is non-negotiable. They will always come up with some excuse as to why you cannot get more, no matter what your circumstances, degrees, financial status, etc.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a recruiter after applying online for ETL-HR a few days before. We set up a phone interview, and she went through behavior-based questions. There were no questions about my experience, just "Tell me about a time when..." She told me about 2 areas that she was hiring for and asked what I preferred. She couldn't tell me an exact location or exact position (ETL can be several different areas). A few days later, she had me re-do my application and assessment. When I was done, another person called to set me up for an interview with the District Leader and Human Resources Partner, back to back. I live in another state, and I had to travel 1 hour to a Group Office to do a video interview. When I arrived 15 minutes till my interview time, no one knew I supposed to be there. Then, they had technical difficulties with sound, which they said had been a problem for weeks. The person I was supposed to meet with to set up the video was not supposed to be there until 30 minutes after my scheduled interview, and when they called her about me, she told them I was wrong for showing up for the time in my paperwork and that there was a miscommunication. They had me sit in the lobby until she arrived, but meanwhile, my interviewer called and asked if I had shown up because my interview was REALLY at the time in my paperwork. SO, then we tried video again... no luck... They ended up calling my cell phone for a phone interview. I felt like my interview went well, especially since each of my interviews went over 30 minutes (what they were scheduled for). I asked when I would hear from them, and they said within 5 business days. Both of these interviewers couldn't tell what location or what position they were looking for. They just asked if I was open for anything. After the interview, I knew I had to sign paperwork and get an interview kit. I waited 45 minutes for the paperwork to arrive, which was 1 piece of paper, and I did not even get the kit. When I questioned it stating that I was told about a kit, I felt rushed out the door. The very next morning I received an email from Target.

Interview Question – Salary questions are hard to answer. Tell me about a time when... are always hard to predict. They care more about behaviors than personality. The recruiter said that they could "always teach Target."   Answer Question

Senior Team Lead Interview

Senior Team Lead
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in October 2011.

Interview Details – I went through like three interviews and two meet and greets. It was a pretty standard interview process.

Interview Question – All of them were situational questions, none of them were very difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, they claimed to hire me at the maximum wage.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in July 2011.

Interview Details – 1 interview with a recruiter, followed by an interview with a store team leader and a third interview with a district team leader. The final step was a phone interview with a human resource manager. I was then made the offer by the recruiter.

Interview Question – Lots of 'tell me about a time' questions. Be ready to answer in essay dialog.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was a able to negotiate an additional $5,000 (for work experience).

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!