Target

Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.8

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target in December 2014.

I was interviewed by 2 store managers. There were situational questions like 1. Describe a time where you were part of a team and the team succeeded. 2. Name a time when you had several important tasks to complete and how you went about completing them. 3. Name a time when you made a mistake at work and what did you do about the mistake. 4. Discuss a time when you provided exceptional customer service.

After the initial interview, I briefly interviewed with one additional manager. Received offer during this interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was, 'tell me about yourself'.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. Pay is low, but I accepted it. Offer conditional on results of drug test and background check.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I received an interview call within 2 days of my application. I was asked to take questionare at the kiosk as soon as I went there. After that I was interviewed back to back by the Team lead and the Sr Executive Sales Manager. Thanks to Glassdoor and to reviewers as the interview was made easier by your reviews. I was asked mostly situational questions as below:
    1. Why Target?
    2.Tell us about yourself and your previous work experience
    3.Tell us when u had to do multitasking in your job and how did u get thro it?
    4.Tell us when u worked as a team and how?
    5.What would ur supervisors say about you?
    6.Tell us a when u made a mistake in your work and how did u correct it?
    7.Tell us when you exceeded expectations of your supervisors?
    8.The price of a shoe pair question which has already appeared in many of earlier reviews.
    Then she showed me a small video about Target and asked me what I think about the Target culture based on that video.
    Immediately after that I was taken to hiring manager who offered me the job and asked me to go for drug test within 24 hours.
    Overall interview is easy if you go prepared .I would advise to go thro' all Glassdoor Target Interview Reviews so you won't miss any questions.

Interview Questions
    • When did you make a mistake at your previous workplace and how did u correct it?   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate .

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

Got called by phone for a phone I terview on Wednesday. It was pretty straightforward with simple questions. After it was over they asked me to come in Friday for an in store interview. Dress business casual. First I had to watch a cheesy video on the position I applied for (pay attention they -will- ask you what the most important thing about the video was) and then back into the office for a one on one interview to answer a few questions. All in all an easy process if you answer efficiently

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

All behavioral: tell me about a time you made a mistake, how did you handle it. And dealing with the VIBE (putting guests first). A guest is looking for a shoe for her son and it's not on the shelf, what would you do? Price rings as 19.99, guest says it's 17.99, what would you do?

You have a minimum of 3 interviews, probably 5 or 6. In person and phone.

Interview Questions
    • None, just take your time and think of situation, outcome, and behavior. Each question is gaging what Target calls a leadership expectation. The better you answer based on SBO, the better you'll do.   Answer Question
    Not negotiable, you take what they offer or no job.

Senior Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Target in June 2014.

I had my first interview with etl HR. Then I assumed I passed that interview. I was called in for an interview with the STL. I believe it went well. However, the store was undergoing a lot of head count cuts and even though I was more than qualified they decided to promote from within.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry guest?   View Answer

Flow Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conyers, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conyers, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

will be interviewed by two persons. when I started you had to interviews in one day (one by a team lead and the other by a executive team lead). now interviews are done over the phone by the team lead and the in person is by the executive team lead.

accepted what was given because I needed a job at the time

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in March 2014.

Applied online received a phone call wjthin three days to set up phone interview two days later. Receive phone interview by etl he was so nice basically ask me about my personality,my recent retail experience. I did great with the phone interview and was told I would get a second interview later in the week. Three days passed and I didn't receive the phone call for second interview. So I called to the store to speak with the etlwho interviewed me. I call everyday until the hr told me she plan on calling me in two hours for second interview. She did call me and I was set up to come in the next day. I came in the next day did the assessment on the kiosk. I interviewed with a another etl and it was so freaking fun, she hired me on the spot, she said I think you are what we look for. My next step was to do a drug test and begin orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy questions they love if you smile a lot and be super happy. You have to like talking and helping people   Answer Question

Merchandise Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in March 2014.

2 Interviews, over the phone, and in person; with the manager over the position. It went very smoothly, and I had thought I had the job.

The Interviews where quite easy, but I would recommend following up to make sure you secure the position.

Interview Questions
    • If product a has 20 more sales than product b, than how much more does product c need to have?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target in March 2014.

They just asked my previous experience and if I was in school or not. The help with your scheduling if you are a student. It wasn't really all that hard.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate just a little.

Soft Lines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target.

I applied on-line and about a week later I got a call asking if I could come in for an interview sometime that week. I schedule the interview and on the day of I went in the actual store location where I applied. The HR manager met me and took me back to their office. They mainly asked general situational type questions. The interview wasn't that long. I honestly think they just wanted to see what I looked liked and how I presented myself.

No negotiating.