Target Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

3 parts to an interview. First 2 interviews asked pretty much the same questions. The last person, you make sure you impress them so your chances of getting hired is higher.

Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target (Cumming, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was called by the HR department and asked to come in for an interview. I showed up about 10 minutes early and went to the guest services desk as instructed and asked for my interviewer. They seemed rather disorganized, as they put out a call for the Team Lead who was supposed to be interviewing me twice with no response, and the third time he came and then got immediately distracted.

When I finally got in to the interview, it was only about five minutes of sitting down and talking as he made notes before he took me to take a survey (that I had already completed on the application). He said he had to find someone to give me my second interview. I thought it was kind of strange that they didn't have that set up already, since it's something they have to do at every interview. After another about 5 minute conversation with her taking notes, I was told that HR would call me to let me know if I would move on in the employment process or not.

I was not called. I received a form letter email notifying me that I would not be considered further, which I found kind of annoying and unprofessional. Overall, a disorganized interview. The interviewers didn't look at me as they interviewed me, they sat and read off their papers and didn't look up. They also complained that they had to take all these notes for HR to read and evaluate, instead of HR doing interviews themselves.

Interview Questions

• If you had a customer come to the register with an item that scanned at $19.99, but the customer insisted that the price on the shelf was 9.99, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Target (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was scheduled and cancelled at last minute. Rescheduled and the questions were not difficult, just asked about my experience. Later was called for in person interview in which they rescheduled at least two times. When I finally came in for interview, nobody knew I was coming in, I had to wait over 40 minutes after scheduled start time because all managers were in a meeting. The young guy that interviewed me didn't really ask me anything, I just told him my background and then he hired me. Later I was told that I had to meet the store manager to start. I thought it was another interview because that got rescheduled too! This has been the most patient I have ever been when it comes to getting a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Roswell, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty much a standard interview. I was asked about my strengths and weaknesses and also why I wanted to work for Target. I was also asked me about my future plans/goals. Before interviewing you must complete a skills assessment. If you secure an interview, you've pretty much got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?
      What is your greatest weakness?
      Why do you want to work for Target?

Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Just as most have stated; a three part interview process. First was a phone interview with a store leader (not from pharmacy), second was a face to face with the store manager and third was a face to face with the pharmacist. It was the classic STAR method, so make sure you have some solid examples of leadership, group work, etc that you have thought up before hand. I had a very nice interviewing experience and everyone seemed genuinely interested in learning more about me.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Target (Canton, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Spoke to two different managers and moved to different rooms to complete the interview. They ask you scenario questions such as guest interaction to see how you would handle the situation.

Interview Questions

• If a guest brings up an item and says they saw it for $5 less than the machine price, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 store managers. There were situational questions like 1. Describe a time where you were part of a team and the team succeeded. 2. Name a time when you had several important tasks to complete and how you went about completing them. 3. Name a time when you made a mistake at work and what did you do about the mistake. 4. Discuss a time when you provided exceptional customer service.

After the initial interview, I briefly interviewed with one additional manager. Received offer during this interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was, 'tell me about yourself'.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Pay is low, but I accepted it. Offer conditional on results of drug test and background check.

Senior Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

They lied in the interview. I was promised a team, better working hours, health benefits, etc. It was a terrible experience and I wish I had never left the company I was with before Target. They treat there employees like a number, easily replaced and heavily disrespected. My overall experience was terrible with this company.

Interview Questions

• They asked about leading a team which had nothing to do with my job. I was my team.   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I received an interview call within 2 days of my application. I was asked to take questionare at the kiosk as soon as I went there. After that I was interviewed back to back by the Team lead and the Sr Executive Sales Manager. Thanks to Glassdoor and to reviewers as the interview was made easier by your reviews. I was asked mostly situational questions as below:
    1. Why Target?
    2.Tell us about yourself and your previous work experience
    3.Tell us when u had to do multitasking in your job and how did u get thro it?
    4.Tell us when u worked as a team and how?
    5.What would ur supervisors say about you?
    6.Tell us a when u made a mistake in your work and how did u correct it?
    7.Tell us when you exceeded expectations of your supervisors?
    8.The price of a shoe pair question which has already appeared in many of earlier reviews.
    Then she showed me a small video about Target and asked me what I think about the Target culture based on that video.
    Immediately after that I was taken to hiring manager who offered me the job and asked me to go for drug test within 24 hours.
    Overall interview is easy if you go prepared .I would advise to go thro' all Glassdoor Target Interview Reviews so you won't miss any questions.

Interview Questions

• When did you make a mistake at your previous workplace and how did u correct it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't negotiate .

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target (Fayetteville, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Got called by phone for a phone I terview on Wednesday. It was pretty straightforward with simple questions. After it was over they asked me to come in Friday for an in store interview. Dress business casual. First I had to watch a cheesy video on the position I applied for (pay attention they -will- ask you what the most important thing about the video was) and then back into the office for a one on one interview to answer a few questions. All in all an easy process if you answer efficiently

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   1 Answer