Target Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

2.8

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

All behavioral: tell me about a time you made a mistake, how did you handle it. And dealing with the VIBE (putting guests first). A guest is looking for a shoe for her son and it's not on the shelf, what would you do? Price rings as 19.99, guest says it's 17.99, what would you do?

You have a minimum of 3 interviews, probably 5 or 6. In person and phone.

Interview Questions
    • None, just take your time and think of situation, outcome, and behavior. Each question is gaging what Target calls a leadership expectation. The better you answer based on SBO, the better you'll do.   Answer Question
    Not negotiable, you take what they offer or no job.

Senior Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Snellville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snellville, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

I had my first interview with etl HR. Then I assumed I passed that interview. I was called in for an interview with the STL. I believe it went well. However, the store was undergoing a lot of head count cuts and even though I was more than qualified they decided to promote from within.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry guest?   View Answer

Flow Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Conyers, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conyers, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Target.

will be interviewed by two persons. when I started you had to interviews in one day (one by a team lead and the other by a executive team lead). now interviews are done over the phone by the team lead and the in person is by the executive team lead.

accepted what was given because I needed a job at the time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Applied online received a phone call wjthin three days to set up phone interview two days later. Receive phone interview by etl he was so nice basically ask me about my personality,my recent retail experience. I did great with the phone interview and was told I would get a second interview later in the week. Three days passed and I didn't receive the phone call for second interview. So I called to the store to speak with the etlwho interviewed me. I call everyday until the hr told me she plan on calling me in two hours for second interview. She did call me and I was set up to come in the next day. I came in the next day did the assessment on the kiosk. I interviewed with a another etl and it was so freaking fun, she hired me on the spot, she said I think you are what we look for. My next step was to do a drug test and begin orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy questions they love if you smile a lot and be super happy. You have to like talking and helping people   Answer Question

Merchandise Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethlehem, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

2 Interviews, over the phone, and in person; with the manager over the position. It went very smoothly, and I had thought I had the job.

The Interviews where quite easy, but I would recommend following up to make sure you secure the position.

Interview Questions
    • If product a has 20 more sales than product b, than how much more does product c need to have?   View Answer

Soft Lines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Target.

I applied on-line and about a week later I got a call asking if I could come in for an interview sometime that week. I schedule the interview and on the day of I went in the actual store location where I applied. The HR manager met me and took me back to their office. They mainly asked general situational type questions. The interview wasn't that long. I honestly think they just wanted to see what I looked liked and how I presented myself.

No negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

I got an interview less than 24 hours after I applied.1 hour long interview, met with 2 different managers. Interview is all personality based questions. They did not ask anything about previous employment.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are to determine how you handle situations with guests. They really wanted specifics. "Describe a time when you had to prioritize tasks. How did you go about it?" Seems silly and simple, as they most were, but you had to be very specific. You cannot say "I made lists based on what was most important etc etc", they wanted full detail which was annoying.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Applied for ETL position, but was contacted via phone with an offer to be interviewed for a TL position. I accepted the request to be interviewed. I had my first interview with 2 ETLs, both of them asking me questions of why do I want to work for Target, why did you leave your last job?Tell me a time when you made a mistake and how you resolved it? A scenario: you were pushing a buggy full of items to be put on a shelf, while working a customer asked you for help, what would you do? etc...
    The very same day, few hours after I arrived home one of the ETLs called me to schedule a 2nd interview with a store manager. That interview was short, only 3 questions were asked: Tell me about a mistake and how you resolved it? A customer purchased a merchandise for $15, but it rang up $20 at the register, what would you do? what are your interests
    5 days after the 2nd interview, the same ETL called me to schedule a 3rd interview with a District Manager... I am currently working on that!

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. Prepare as many as "Tell me a time..."questions.   Answer Question

Senior Guest Services Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fayetteville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

I did the application at home and was called about a week later. I came in and took the assessment in the store, watched a short video, and had 3 interviews. I interviewed with the Human Resources ETL , Store Team Leader, and Guest Services ETL. About a week later I interviewed with the district team leader. The team leaders were extremely nice, very professional, and seemed very enthusiastic about their jobs. The interview was very relaxed and enjoyable.ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS IN THE FORMAT OF WHAT HAPPENED WHAT YOU DID AND THE OUTCOME. Highlight true events that showcase your team work abilities and leadership skills. Highlight times where you took the initiative to get things done if you haven't held a management position before. Ask good questions in return such as what is a goal for this store over the next year? how does the store compare to others in the district? In what ways can I be successful in this position? Once they offer you the job you have to do a drug test and background check; then they will give you a start date. Training takes place at multiple stores which is good for your development and networking.

Interview Questions
    • None were unexpected or difficult because I used this site to prepare. Some questions to expect are:
      1. Name a time when you made a mistake and how did you handle it?
      2. Describe a time when you challenged authority
      3. Describe a time your encouraged your team to meet a goal
      4. Describe a time you had to handle an irate customer
      5. Describe a time you had to handle an under-performing team member
      6. What would you do if you scanned an item and the customer said the price was wrong?
      6. Why do you want to work for Target?
        View Answer
    No negotiation. I asked and was told that it could not be altered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in March 2013.

I applied on the computers in the store. I got a call 2 hours later for a phone interview set up. The phone interview was the part where they really decide it seems. After that I had my 1 on 1 interview. This all happened in a matter of 4 days. I think they just really needed people so this probably isn't a typical time frame. At the interview you take a mini assessment on the computer, not nearly as long as the one during the application. You watch a 4-5 minute video. It's fairly simple but pay attention because they asked you what you learned from it / what it showed. You get some scenario questions with one person. It's from a sheet just like the phone interview but way easier. Then after that you have to take a drug test within 24 hours. They do a background check and you just wait. I got a conditional yes, pending the rest of it. I'm excited about it. Good luck you all :)

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to complete a task quickly and realized you messed up afterwards.   Answer Question
    On the application I said negotiable. They gave me a quarter above the average. I would have liked more, but hey who wouldn't.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!