Target

Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandise Flow Team Member Interview

Merchandise Flow Team Member
Bethlehem, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Interview Details – 2 Interviews, over the phone, and in person; with the manager over the position. It went very smoothly, and I had thought I had the job.

The Interviews where quite easy, but I would recommend following up to make sure you secure the position.

Interview Question – If product a has 20 more sales than product b, than how much more does product c need to have?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online received a phone call wjthin three days to set up phone interview two days later. Receive phone interview by etl he was so nice basically ask me about my personality,my recent retail experience. I did great with the phone interview and was told I would get a second interview later in the week. Three days passed and I didn't receive the phone call for second interview. So I called to the store to speak with the etlwho interviewed me. I call everyday until the hr told me she plan on calling me in two hours for second interview. She did call me and I was set up to come in the next day. I came in the next day did the assessment on the kiosk. I interviewed with a another etl and it was so freaking fun, she hired me on the spot, she said I think you are what we look for. My next step was to do a drug test and begin orientation.

Interview Question – Very easy questions they love if you smile a lot and be super happy. You have to like talking and helping people   Answer Question

Flow Team Interview

Flow Team
Conyers, GA

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – will be interviewed by two persons. when I started you had to interviews in one day (one by a team lead and the other by a executive team lead). now interviews are done over the phone by the team lead and the in person is by the executive team lead.

Negotiation Details – accepted what was given because I needed a job at the time

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

Interview Details – I got an interview less than 24 hours after I applied.1 hour long interview, met with 2 different managers. Interview is all personality based questions. They did not ask anything about previous employment.

Interview Question – All questions are to determine how you handle situations with guests. They really wanted specifics. "Describe a time when you had to prioritize tasks. How did you go about it?" Seems silly and simple, as they most were, but you had to be very specific. You cannot say "I made lists based on what was most important etc etc", they wanted full detail which was annoying.   Answer Question

Soft Lines Team Member Interview

Soft Lines Team Member
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I applied on-line and about a week later I got a call asking if I could come in for an interview sometime that week. I schedule the interview and on the day of I went in the actual store location where I applied. The HR manager met me and took me back to their office. They mainly asked general situational type questions. The interview wasn't that long. I honestly think they just wanted to see what I looked liked and how I presented myself.

Interview Question – Didn't have any questions of the sort.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Senior Team Leader Replenishment Interview

Senior Team Leader Replenishment
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Target in June 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted by Target recruiter for phone interview.
Interview was very basic with behavorial based questions.
After passing interview recieved set up for second phone interview, although three weeks later. Same format, with different store leader.
After passing that portion, contacted another 2 weeks later to travel to interview with district manager in person. Same format. Traveled 3 hours, offered compensation but never recieved it.
Job offfered that day and started another three weeks later.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you challegned a superior and it was not recieved well   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Applied for ETL position, but was contacted via phone with an offer to be interviewed for a TL position. I accepted the request to be interviewed. I had my first interview with 2 ETLs, both of them asking me questions of why do I want to work for Target, why did you leave your last job?Tell me a time when you made a mistake and how you resolved it? A scenario: you were pushing a buggy full of items to be put on a shelf, while working a customer asked you for help, what would you do? etc...
The very same day, few hours after I arrived home one of the ETLs called me to schedule a 2nd interview with a store manager. That interview was short, only 3 questions were asked: Tell me about a mistake and how you resolved it? A customer purchased a merchandise for $15, but it rang up $20 at the register, what would you do? what are your interests
5 days after the 2nd interview, the same ETL called me to schedule a 3rd interview with a District Manager... I am currently working on that!

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. Prepare as many as "Tell me a time..."questions.   Answer Question

Alpharetta, GA

I interviewed at Target in April 2012.

Interview Details – Describe a situation where you took leadership? How would you deal with a customer who you think is stealing?

Interview Question – Do you have a problem working in clothes?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Certified Pharmacy Technician
Canton, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in November 2010.

Interview Details – All automated. Don't call over and over again. When your application fits a need, you will be called. Don't bother applying if you are not registered with the state. Certification is not required, but encouraged.

Interview Question – What is your pharmacy experience and are you available nights/weekends?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was hired as part-time seasonal, and offered to stay as full-time after the holidays. Salary has never been negotiable, what they offer at that time is it.

Senior Guest Services Team Lead Interview

Senior Guest Services Team Lead
Fayetteville, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I did the application at home and was called about a week later. I came in and took the assessment in the store, watched a short video, and had 3 interviews. I interviewed with the Human Resources ETL , Store Team Leader, and Guest Services ETL. About a week later I interviewed with the district team leader. The team leaders were extremely nice, very professional, and seemed very enthusiastic about their jobs. The interview was very relaxed and enjoyable.ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS IN THE FORMAT OF WHAT HAPPENED WHAT YOU DID AND THE OUTCOME. Highlight true events that showcase your team work abilities and leadership skills. Highlight times where you took the initiative to get things done if you haven't held a management position before. Ask good questions in return such as what is a goal for this store over the next year? how does the store compare to others in the district? In what ways can I be successful in this position? Once they offer you the job you have to do a drug test and background check; then they will give you a start date. Training takes place at multiple stores which is good for your development and networking.

Interview Question – None were unexpected or difficult because I used this site to prepare. Some questions to expect are:
1. Name a time when you made a mistake and how did you handle it?
2. Describe a time when you challenged authority
3. Describe a time your encouraged your team to meet a goal
4. Describe a time you had to handle an irate customer
5. Describe a time you had to handle an under-performing team member
6. What would you do if you scanned an item and the customer said the price was wrong?
6. Why do you want to work for Target?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I asked and was told that it could not be altered.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!