Target Backroom Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.4

Backroom Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online. The whole process took less than a week. I received a basic phone interview the next day and scheduled for an interview. There were 3 interviews in descending difficulty lasting an hour. The first one was tense and quick-paced situation questions. The second was very relaxed personality and experience questions. The third was a repeat of the first one but much slower and relaxing and was primarily the person answering any questions I had. This was my second interview in my life. I was a nervous wreck and stumbled through the first interview, but had fun in the second and third interview! Just answer your questions thoroughly and show interest.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, CA

Application

I interviewed at Target (San Marcos, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Showed up early. Was directed to the employee break room to wait for interview. 1st Interview went really well just asked "tell me when" questions after the basic when are you available and "Why Target?" questions. I was directed to a 2nd interview that day and they asked some more "Tell me when" questions. Interview ended nicely but I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Baltimore, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a pleasant interview process. Everyone was friendly and I was asked the standard STAR style of questions. Also, I was told about how fast one can move up with a good work ethic. Lastly, I was told that Target is willing to give you all of the training that you need to succeed, but you need to make sure that you go above and beyond in order to show others that you want more responsibility.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

they call you into a cubicle one by one , sign a few documents and wait for a second interview where the hiriing manager then asks you another series of questions similar to the 1st interviewer

Interview Questions

• Name a time you used your attitude to turn a situation around   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Called me on the phone and asked me the soonest I could come in. I asked them to give me an hour. Came in early and they interviewed me almost exactly on time. The initial interviewer was the Team Leader for HR and incredibly friendly, after completing that interview I waited for about 10 minutes before interviewing with a man in charge of the department I would be in. He was also friendly, even complimented me. Partway through he said he was going to bring me on, he just wanted to gauge certain things.

Interview Questions

• If we talked to a former employer or teacher, what would they say is your best quality?   Answer Question
    • If we talked to a former employer or teacher, what would they say is your biggest area of improvement.   Answer Question
    • Name a scenario in which you were interrupted while performing a task, how you dealt with the situation and then how did you complete the task?   Answer Question
    • What was a scenario in which you had to get help from someone who knew more than you?   Answer Question
    • How do you get along with a person who you disagree with?   Answer Question

Backroom Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I arrived 10 minutes early and was directed to fill out an applicant questionnaire. Afterwards, I waited for 10 minutes for someone to come out and bring me to an office. I interviewed with 2 people, a team leader first then the store manager. Both were very friendly and relaxed. They followed along a sheet and asked situational based questions. Not too hard, it was definitely good that I had prepared beforehand though, just so I didn't freeze up. They also asked about my availability, they seemed pleased that I was flexible and able to work weekends. Afterwards they invited me onto the team and had someone from HR fill out paperwork with me. The interview is not hard at all, as long as you're prepared for the questions and have a positive attitude, you'll most likely get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you exceeded someone's expectations   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were interrupted while working on something   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to stand up for yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating, you either accept the wage or decline it. In my case its $9.50/hr.

Backroom Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Interview was fairly easy. Talked to three different people that asked me similar questions in regards to the position. Watched a video about the company and the position itself. A lot of situation questions, basically how I handled difficult situations or people. Asked me questions about myself and my availability. Pay rate was 9.25 per hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Saint Cloud, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone screening then an in person interview. The questions were fairly easy if you have job experience already. They mainly want to know how you think, whether you have experience with troubleshooting, how you would handle a difficult situation aka a customer who might be giving you trouble. They want to make sure you're loyal and will likely stay on long term. An important thing to note with Target is they ask situational questions but they're more interested in how you think. Make sure to be coherent, don't skip around and walk them through your thinking process.

Backroom Team Member Interview

Interview

Very straight forwar. Asked work history questions and if I'm school etc. easy and very laid back. But that is expected for a basic retail position. It was a breeze.

Backroom Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted about a week or two later. I had a phone interview on a Tuesday. It was pretty short, maybe 20 mins. The girl asked questions like: -Why do you want to work for Target -Tell me about a time you went above and beyond. -Tell me about a time where you handled a lot at once. At the end of the phone interview the girl said she would suggest that I move along in the hiring process. We then set up a time that would work. Two (2) days after the phone interview I had a sit down interview with a different person, a HR person. She asked me three (3) questions: -Why do you want to work for Target? -If a lady was looking for a pair of shoes, and you weren't assigned to the shoe department, and couldn't find them what would you do? (something along those lines) and; -If an item rang up for $19.99 but the customer said it should have rang up for $17.99, what would you do/how would you handle that? After the sit down interview she asked about my schedule and briefly went of the job and hours and suggested I move along in the hiring process. The next week I came back in to finalize the offer and set up orientation. Both of the people I interviewed with were very friendly and nice. Do some research and know what you're going to say and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Asked about pay. Said it was a set wage. No negotiation.