Target

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Backroom Team Member

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – Called me the next day and asked why I applied to that specific job. Got an email shortly after stating that I did not get the job. Maybe if I keep trying I will eventually get hired.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – 3 days after i applied, they called and did the phone interview. then they set up face to face interview the next day. it was a less than an hour they interview me then they called the team leader to see if there is availability. i was irritated because they wasted my time interviewing and end up telling me there is no available and they just hired someone else few days ago.

Interview Question – easy questions such as why you want to work at target, experiences related.   Answer Question

Cypress, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – Well the guy who interviewed me was very unprofessional. He answered the phone twice in the beginning of the interview, and then he rarely made eye contact. I handed him my resume and he did not look at it. He asked me questions about what I would do was a cashier and the customers told me the price of an item is completely wrong. I never thought I would get a question like this since I was applying for a backroom member. caught me by surprise.

Interview Question – What would you do if customer states the item that you just rang up is wrong?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Macomb, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Originally went for an overnight remodel job but my specific area was backroom. They have you set up an appointment, and then come in early to answer a survey on their computers. The survey was easy, as long as you know some basic math skills and know that companies want people who act a certain way. The interview itself was essentially a Team Lead sitting down with you and discussing your past experiences and asking about what you can do for target. They're usually looking for flexibility and it pays off to know Target's lingo or to adapt to it as you hear it being said (if you know them, use them).

Interview Question – How would you deal with a guest asking to find a specific item in the store?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation, since they offer the same thing to everyone in the position. I was able to get some extra hours and training by taking interest in it when it was discussed.

Backroom Team Member

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in June 2013.

Interview Details – The application process was easy to follow and complete. I had two interviews back to back only days after applying. The staff was friendly and answered all of my questions. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – I don't recall any difficulty in answering any of the questions during my interview.   Answer Question

Backroom Team Member

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in August 2013.

Interview Details – Started out as a phone screening that lead to an actual interview. Questions were pretty basic. The job I was applying for was not available, so the store manager asked me if I would like to try for a different position. I accepted, and he ended up interviewing me for something else.

Interview Question – If a customer wanted a certain product that was out of stock on the sales floor, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Backroom Team Member

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – The interview process was extremely easy and barely any questions. They know if they are going to hire you when they call you back assuming you don't say anything horrible. The entire process took only 10 minutes.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Target?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Dublin, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Target in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was asked why do I seek employment with Target. I was asked what retail experience do I possess? Since deliveries at the Dublin East come in on M-W-F&Sat, I was asked if I would be available on those days and would be able to start at 4am. And lastly, I was asked if I worked with a sense of urgency?

Interview Question – I was asked what would I do if a customer asked me to help reach a product that would take me away from taking meticulous inventory, thus losing count and setting me back 15 minutes.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation available. An offer was given and I accepted.

Nashua, NH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and a few days later received a call from HR to schedule a phone interview for the next day. I received the call within 15 minutes of the designated time and was asked, "why Target" "what experience do you have that makes you believe you're qualified for this position" and a few situational questions, like "describe a time when..." Within 10 minutes of hanging up I was called again by HR to schedule an in person interview 2 days later. I went in for my interview about 15 min early, checked in and waited in the breakroom. After 20 min I was hreeted by the interviewer, brought into a conference room. He started by asking about my availability and why I wanted to work there. After that I watched a short 2-3min video explaining the basics of the job I was applying for, and I was asked If I was still interested in the job, which I replied yes. I was then asked 3 more situational questions, and then he asked If I had any questions. I asked him what It was like working there? And how should I follow up on this interview? He then told me he was going to offer me a conditional job offer, I would have to fill out the appropriate paperwork and take a drug test within 24hrs or the offer would be voided. Was brought back to HR to pick up paperwork, and stopped to do the drug test on my way home. Overall a very simple, nice process.

Interview Question – All were pretty basic and easy   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Target in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied in store. 2-3 weeks later received call for phone interview. The following week had 2nd interview (in store).

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. (e.g. Describe a situation where to perform a task as part of a team? Describe a situation where you had to multi-task and how did you handle it?)   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!