Target Backroom Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.3

Backroom Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

Interview was fairly easy. Talked to three different people that asked me similar questions in regards to the position. Watched a video about the company and the position itself. A lot of situation questions, basically how I handled difficult situations or people. Asked me questions about myself and my availability. Pay rate was 9.25 per hr.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Backroom Team Member Interview

Interview

Very straight forwar. Asked work history questions and if I'm school etc. easy and very laid back. But that is expected for a basic retail position. It was a breeze.

Backroom Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted about a week or two later. I had a phone interview on a Tuesday. It was pretty short, maybe 20 mins. The girl asked questions like:

-Why do you want to work for Target
    -Tell me about a time you went above and beyond.
    -Tell me about a time where you handled a lot at once.

At the end of the phone interview the girl said she would suggest that I move along in the hiring process. We then set up a time that would work.

Two (2) days after the phone interview I had a sit down interview with a different person, a HR person. She asked me three (3) questions:

-Why do you want to work for Target?
    -If a lady was looking for a pair of shoes, and you weren't assigned to the shoe department, and couldn't find them what would you do? (something along those lines) and;
    -If an item rang up for $19.99 but the customer said it should have rang up for $17.99, what would you do/how would you handle that?

After the sit down interview she asked about my schedule and briefly went of the job and hours and suggested I move along in the hiring process. The next week I came back in to finalize the offer and set up orientation.

Both of the people I interviewed with were very friendly and nice. Do some research and know what you're going to say and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Asked about pay. Said it was a set wage. No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (Cypress, CA).

Interview

I applied on line and then got a call asking if I was still interested in the job and they wanted to schedule a phone interview. I did the phone interview a few days later and then scheduled the in person interview a few days later. At the in person interview, I went to the store I applied for and was led upstairs to the break area to wait. I was then shown a video about the position I was applying and asked to take a test that had some math problems dealing with some graphs and charts. The interview itself was fairly easy. They asked a few questions that I had found out about from reading other reviews here so I had an answer ready for each one. And it also helped that the guy interviewing me was very easy to talk to. And then I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths & weakness? Why do you want to work for Target? Name a time you went above & beyond. Name a time you were part of a team effort. And name a time you made a mistake, what did you do & what was the outcome? And the two Target store questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, just this is what the position pays. You either accept it or don't.

Backroom Team Member Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. got a phone call a few days later asking to set up an interview. Interviewed a few days later. Went into employee break room and watched a video with a group of of other applicants. There was only one interviewer so the process went very slow. The interviewer was the supervisor of merchandise flow. He was really nice and was very understanding of my nervousness. I don't have any retail experience so I guess that was
    probably a turn off. He asked basic interview questions off of a paper and wrote down my responses. Interview lasted about 10 minutes. He told me that i would receive an email within the next few days. A couple days later I got an email saying that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses that you believe you possess.   Answer Question

Backroom Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

They Offered $9.00 per hour, so I said no. Other store offered more money, so I thought it best to look around for a better offer. They Offered $9.00 per hour, so I said no. Other store offered more money, so I thought it best to look around for a better offer. They Offered $9.00 per hour, so I said no. Other store offered more money, so I thought it best to look around for a better offer.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask any hard questions. It was fairly easy stuff.   Answer Question

Low pay

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Target (Honolulu, HI) in December 2014.

Interview

I Submitted an inquiry on an open position and in about a week I received a call and had an interview conducted over the phone. Upon completion I was asked if I was available to come in for a second interview which was scheduled days later. After meeting with one team member I was also waiting to have a third interview with another team member. Overall I would rate the process as informal and insightful .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation where you were met with opposition but still performed beyond expectations?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation where you had to juggle multiple tasks at once?   Answer Question

Backroom Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target.

Interview

*This will probably be the most thorough interview experience you will find on here for the Backroom position.*

I received a call four days prior to submitting my online application. The man on the phone from Target was very nice; all in all I was only on the phone for about 5 minutes. He asked why I wanted to work at Target, discussed my availability, went over the pay, and asked if I could come in for an in-store interview the very next day.

I showed up 15 minutes early, went to costumer service, and told them I was there for an interview. The lady at costumer service knew my interview time and asked for my name. After that, she told me to sit on a bench till the person interviewing me came out.

I sat there for almost 10 minutes until someone showed up. The kind lady took me into the office area and thoroughly explained the job I applied for, then began with the interview. She made sure I was up to speed with everything and asked if I had any questions. Hearing how long she has worked at Target was actually inspiring and it was nice to know she could potentially be one of my bosses. That interview lasted about 10 minutes.

I was then directed back out to costumer service to do an assessment. After finishing the assessment, a man walked out to take me back into the office area to watch a video about working at Target. That took less than 5 minutes.

My second interview followed soon after the video, and it was very similar to the first one, containing similar questions and the same description about the job I applied for. At the end of the second interview, the man offered me the job. I happily accepted.

The third and final interview was very quick, it was pretty much going over the job offer information and the whole process of doing a drug test. This was my first interview for a retail store so I was surprised how down to earth everyone was.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Scheduling is very negotiable. I was surprised how flexible they can be with you.

Backroom Team Member Interview

Application

interviewed at Target in November 2014.

Interview

I began the process by completing an online application. I was contacted within two hours and asked to meet at target the next day for an early interview. Upon arrival I was asked to sit at a bench and waited about 5-10 minutes. I was then lead through a hall to an interview room in the human resources department. The interviewers were pretty down to earth and friendly.

I was first interviewed by the team leader who would be leading my shift. I was asked to explain a time when I showed leadership and a time when I was able to fix a mistake. He then asked me to explain my strengths that related to the position, and why I wanted to work at target. After, he explained some details about the position and asked if I would be able to perform all of the required duties. I was then told to stay seated and wait for an interview with a manager.

When the manager arrived a few minutes later He talked about more details and specifics about the position. The first thing he asked me to do was to tell him about myself. He then asked me explain a couple more "time when You" questions, such as a time when I worked above expectation and dealt with an angry customer. He also asked me about any weaknesses that I might have, or what I consider to be my biggest weakness. He also asked a couple situational questions. One example being "what would you do if a customer complained because they thought a product was $17 but rang up as $19? The Answer pretty much being to let them have it at $17 because $2 isn't worth an unhappy customer and that they are always right. He brought me to the human resources desk and asked if I would be able to take a urine test at a clinic within 24 hours of the job offer.

After that interview I was escorted to a different room where I talked with another target employee. She talked about salary and hours and eventually offered me the position. She said the process would be complete once I passed both the urine test and a background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target (Van Nuys, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online. 2 days later I received a call from there HR personal wanting to schedule an appointment for an interview which was at 5:30am. Went to the interview where there was 5 of us total waiting to get interview .at the end they called everyone one by one and they either handed us a paper or not.starred working the next day .