Target

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
Ellicott City, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I applied and about a week later I got called to schedule my phone interview a couple days later. They called that day, about 15 minutes late, after the interview they had me come in the next day for a face to face interview. There they show you a video about the position and then ask you the same questions as the phone interview. Offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Question – After watching a video about the position they ask you what's one thing you learned about Target that you didn't know.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Personal reasons

Cashier Team Member Interview

Cashier Team Member
Baltimore, MD

I applied online - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – phone interview followed by in store interview. very friendly and relaxed. some questions : what experience do you have that relates to this job? why do you want to work for Target? situation questions, just relax! beginners should def look thru this website glassdoor really helped me simple questions just relax! drug tested!!!

Interview Question – if a higher price was rung up and the customer claimed it was cheaper?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – open for discussion

Target Electronics Team Member Interview

Target Electronics Team Member
Annapolis, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in June 2013.

Interview Details – Definatly go in store and fill out application! you will be contacted much faster than doing it online. There will be 3 interviewers. (two team lead interview, and one phone interview)

Interview Question – You must be very honest with your answers, do not sugar coat anything because the can tell what youre saying is complete BS. Focus on customer interactions and experiences in the field of retail.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Bel Air, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online for seasonal position; 1 phone interview and 1 in-person interview; interviewer apparently hadn't read my application because she didn't know I'd spent several previous years in retail; spent a lot of time waiting around

Interview Question – What would you do if a guest insisted the price of an item was less that what was ringing up?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
Gambrills, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in August 2013.

Interview Details – questions were very easy. Nothing to be nervous or worried about.

Interview Question – Think of a time when you were in a difficult situation and what did you do to solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader
Ellicott City, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – A recruiter reached out to me from my CareerBuilder profile. We had a 15 minute screening conversation and we set up my first phone interview. It was the first of four: two phone interviews, two in-person. The whole process took about a month because of them having to arrange around various people's schedules.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, standard behavioral questions: "tell me about a time..."   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Towson, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Target use the S.T.A.R.S. Interview technique

Interview Question – The recruiters were so focused on the technique that I was evaluated on my ability to pass the technique - NOT my actual abilities.   Answer Question

Backroom Team Member Interview

Backroom Team Member
Crofton, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in February 2012.

Interview Details – Multiple ways to be hired...easiest being the target website. In my situation, there was a Mass hiring at a hotel banquet room, this was a brand new target store. Was interviewed by two people, standard questions. What would you do in this situation.....just trying to get a feel for who you are. If their interested, a second interview with more in depth questions about the target process. If they like you, they offer your a position, if you accept, you must take a drug test and if all is well they give you an orientation day.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Not difficult or anything unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was scared to actually negotiate..being unemployed at the time I would have taken anything. I would recommend trying to negotiate if you actually have skills to bring to the table. I had worked for target before so I should have said so.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader
Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was an internal hire so my interview process was straight forward. I had three separate interviews back to back. The first was with the Store Team Leader of the store I was to be placed in though I ended up at another store (This happens frequently and most of the time, you'll never know what store you'll be going to until the last days of your 6 weeks of training).
My second interview was with the District manager. The third interview was with the Group HR manager and AP managers.
Tip:
It's never been more about YOU and what YOU've done and accomplished then it is now. They don't care about what you did in a team setting. They want to see what YOU did specifically. You have to make it all about you you you. They want you to showcase your leadership and why it would be foolish to pass up on you. They will ask you about your strengths and opportunities (weaknesses). Don't be afraid to talk about your weaknesses, just make sure you say that you look forward to working on them in your new role. You really have to know who you are as a person before you walk into that interview. When they ask you "Tell me a little bit about yourself." Be prepared to talk about your life up until this point, your favorite sports team, your work history, travels, family, education, and even your strengths and opportunities. But make sure to keep it brief (no more than 3 minutes).

Interview Question – Describe a time when you provided constructive feedback to someone who wasn't carrying their weight on a team or project   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. They offered me more than I was going to try to negotiate for.

Backroom Team Member Interview

Backroom Team Member
Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Straightforward. Asked about experience in customer service, whether I'd worked in retail before.

Negotiation Details – There was none, it was a job.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target interview questions and advice in Baltimore, MD. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.