Target

2.6

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Interviewed with two different team leaders and was asked a lot of questions about my reactions in specific situations. Definitely a much more involved interview than I expected. Seems as though they really want to make sure they're hiring good people

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you provided customer service that was above and beyond

Why do you want to be a target back room team member?

Answer Question
    No negotiation, $8.50 take it or leave it. Waiting to be called back for orientation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellicott City, MD

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target.

I applied and about a week later I got called to schedule my phone interview a couple days later. They called that day, about 15 minutes late, after the interview they had me come in the next day for a face to face interview. There they show you a video about the position and then ask you the same questions as the phone interview. Offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • After watching a video about the position they ask you what's one thing you learned about Target that you didn't know.   Answer Question

Personal reasons

Cashier Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Target in June 2014.

phone interview followed by in store interview. very friendly and relaxed. some questions : what experience do you have that relates to this job? why do you want to work for Target? situation questions, just relax! beginners should def look thru this website glassdoor really helped me simple questions just relax! drug tested!!!

Interview Questions
    • if a higher price was rung up and the customer claimed it was cheaper?   View Answers (2)
    open for discussion

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellicott City, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

A recruiter reached out to me from my CareerBuilder profile. We had a 15 minute screening conversation and we set up my first phone interview. It was the first of four: two phone interviews, two in-person. The whole process took about a month because of them having to arrange around various people's schedules.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, standard behavioral questions: "tell me about a time..."   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Target use the S.T.A.R.S. Interview technique

Interview Questions
    • The recruiters were so focused on the technique that I was evaluated on my ability to pass the technique - NOT my actual abilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gambrills, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gambrills, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in August 2013.

questions were very easy. Nothing to be nervous or worried about.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time when you were in a difficult situation and what did you do to solve it?   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Straightforward. Asked about experience in customer service, whether I'd worked in retail before.

There was none, it was a job.

Target Electronics Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target in June 2013.

Definatly go in store and fill out application! you will be contacted much faster than doing it online. There will be 3 interviewers. (two team lead interview, and one phone interview)

Interview Questions
    • You must be very honest with your answers, do not sugar coat anything because the can tell what youre saying is complete BS. Focus on customer interactions and experiences in the field of retail.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target in March 2013.

I applied through my university's career website and had my first interview on campus. The interviewer was very personable and ask general questions such as tell me about yourself and why I want to work for Target followed by five behavioral questions. It was a great experience and I got a second interview at their local headquarters. The person I was suppose to interview with was not there, so I interviewed with someone else. I did not feel as comfortable and I did not do so well on this one even though it was the exact same process. I received an email the following day that I was not offered the position. Do your research, know behavioral situations, and be able to go into detail about what you specifically did and what the result was.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time two people had opposing viewpoints and you had to settle the dispute.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crofton, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crofton, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in January 2013.

Applied online and got a call about a week later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty short, about 15 minutes, mostly situational questions, though we did talk about my availability a bit. After that, she said she would definitely recommend me for an in-person interview. The next day, I got a call to schedule the in person interview the following day.

I came early for my in person interview to complete the second applicant questionnaire, which took about 15 minutes. I had my interview with the ETL for hardlines, again, situational questions. At the end of the interview I was offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time where you made a mistake, and share how you corrected it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.