Target

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Barista

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – You sit to fill out paperwork and the interviewers call you once they're ready and you have finished your paperwork.Very efficient and quick.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

National City, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview by the HR lead. I came in and interviewed first with a team leader and after I passed that interview I met with an executive team leader who is kind of like an area manager or assistant manager. The interviews lasted about 10 minutes with each person and they asked the standard interview questions.

Interview Question – Honestly, it was just a standard interview. I think they were just looking for someone who was friendly and confident. My advice would be to just be yourself and answer the questions honestly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They start everyone at minimum wage.

Barista

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3 people if they offer you a position then take a drug test.

Interview Question – your biggest weakeness   Answer Question

Fremont, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in December 2012.

Interview Details – Originally, I applied as a cashier but I ended up getting a call asking if I was interested in being a barista at the starbucks that they had at the store. During the interview, there was about 12 other people and when I came back after the first interview, I only saw two other people left. Overall, I thought the interview process was fairly easy.

Interview Question – What was a mistake that you have made in the past that you had to fix?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was hired early January and I gave a heads up about my school schedule and they said it wouldn't be a problem because they could work around it. Unfortunately, when I reminded them about school a week before class started, they told me they were unable to work around my schedule.

Orchard Park, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in July 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was pretty straight forward and simple. It was laid back and relaxing, nothing to be afraid of. The questions were very simply and general and not too in depth.

Interview Question – I really can not remember   Answer Question

Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in June 2012.

Interview Details – It's a pretty standard interview. You meet with a team lead and he asks you a series of questions such as, describe a time when you had to work as a team, describe a time you had to deal with conflict, etc etc. Pretty standard interview. Afterwards the TL had me wait outside the the interviewing office to wait for my second interview. I was introduced to the next TL and he would be conducting my second interview. He ran through the same questions. Afterwards, I met up with HR and they offered me a job contingent on passing a background check and a drug test. You have 24 hours from the time they offer you a job to take your drug test. Three days later, I received an email verifying my orientation. They will mail you a copy of your drug test results letting you know if you passed or failed your drug test.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to deal with conflict.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No

Barista

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Target in April 2013.

Interview Details – This was my first interview, but it was definitely a great experience. I had initially applied to be a Sales Floor Team Member, but in the end got offered to work in the Starbucks. The interview process was great, there were 2 separate interviews, each about 15 minutes long. There were no unexpected questions, you can find all of them on here. If you don't answer the question completely they will help you out and tell you to expand more. The interviewee's were very nice and funny, and even helpful. After my interview one of them gave me a few tips before I went to the next one. I'm very excited to start working.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Barista

I applied in-person and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Basic interview normal question and assessment.

Barista

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – The initial online application can take up to two hours to complete. If accepted you will be contacted to come in for an initial interview with a manager. There is a mandatory secondary interview that needs to be done by a different manager, this can be but is not guaranteed to happen on the same day. There is plenty of time and oppurtunity to talk about pay rate and details of employment during these interviews. If terms are agreeed upon you will then have to go get a drug test and wait for them to run a background check before you can start.

Interview Question – Give an example of you doing something above and beyond what was expexted of you at a previous job.   Answer Question

Barista

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in January 2012.

Interview Details – I think the only advice I would provide is not to work at this particular company.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target Barista interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.