Target Barista Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015
Updated Mar 11, 2015

1.8

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target (Myrtle Beach, SC) in December 2014.

Interview

This interview was quite an odd duck. I applied online and I had two years of starbucks experince. First I got a call from who I was lead to believe was the HR manager and that I would have an interview with her. When I showed up for the interview I first had to take an assessment test. I than was interview by the manager of the Starbucks area. After I passed that interview I was than lead away by an Assistant manager to watch a view about working at target. After him and I watched the video he interviewed (the 2nd interview). I was told I would be called in less than a week if I made it to the next phase. After about three weeks I received a call from the HR manager (as it turns out the first woman that called me was not the HR like I was lead to think) and we set up a time for a meet and greet with her, the store manager, and I. I was told this was NOT AN INTERVIEW. When I arrived I was greeted by the actual HR manager this time and was lead to store manager's office and meet the store manager. After we started talking he started asking me INTERVIEW questions. I felt this phase was very misleading because I would told it wasn't an interview. After a few days I was informed I didn't get the job.

NOTE: I rated this interview as very difficult. Yes I know this interview isn't the hardest. I gave the interview this rating consider the fact I was going for a entry level barista position. If the I it was for a higher level position I would of giving it a lower difficultly rating.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Hoover, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

You have to go through 2 interviews. The questions are not difficult, and it's during the same visit. The interviews happen one after the other. You are taken into a private room. Each interview has a different person asking the questions. They'll offer you the job if they're interested right after the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever been in a team? What were the strategies? What were the results?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

Interview

You sit to fill out paperwork and the interviewers call you once they're ready and you have finished your paperwork.Very efficient and quick.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (National City, CA).

Interview

I was called in for an interview by the HR lead. I came in and interviewed first with a team leader and after I passed that interview I met with an executive team leader who is kind of like an area manager or assistant manager. The interviews lasted about 10 minutes with each person and they asked the standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, it was just a standard interview. I think they were just looking for someone who was friendly and confident. My advice would be to just be yourself and answer the questions honestly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They start everyone at minimum wage.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target in April 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people if they offer you a position then take a drug test.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Fremont, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Originally, I applied as a cashier but I ended up getting a call asking if I was interested in being a barista at the starbucks that they had at the store. During the interview, there was about 12 other people and when I came back after the first interview, I only saw two other people left. Overall, I thought the interview process was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• What was a mistake that you have made in the past that you had to fix?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was hired early January and I gave a heads up about my school schedule and they said it wouldn't be a problem because they could work around it. Unfortunately, when I reminded them about school a week before class started, they told me they were unable to work around my schedule.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

It's a pretty standard interview. You meet with a team lead and he asks you a series of questions such as, describe a time when you had to work as a team, describe a time you had to deal with conflict, etc etc. Pretty standard interview. Afterwards the TL had me wait outside the the interviewing office to wait for my second interview. I was introduced to the next TL and he would be conducting my second interview. He ran through the same questions. Afterwards, I met up with HR and they offered me a job contingent on passing a background check and a drug test. You have 24 hours from the time they offer you a job to take your drug test. Three days later, I received an email verifying my orientation. They will mail you a copy of your drug test results letting you know if you passed or failed your drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with conflict.   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Orchard Park, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was pretty straight forward and simple. It was laid back and relaxing, nothing to be afraid of. The questions were very simply and general and not too in depth.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Target in April 2013.

Interview

This was my first interview, but it was definitely a great experience. I had initially applied to be a Sales Floor Team Member, but in the end got offered to work in the Starbucks. The interview process was great, there were 2 separate interviews, each about 15 minutes long. There were no unexpected questions, you can find all of them on here. If you don't answer the question completely they will help you out and tell you to expand more. The interviewee's were very nice and funny, and even helpful. After my interview one of them gave me a few tips before I went to the next one. I'm very excited to start working.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Target.

Interview

Basic interview normal question and assessment.