Target

Target Barista Interview Questions

1.6

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Barista Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

You sit to fill out paperwork and the interviewers call you once they're ready and you have finished your paperwork.Very efficient and quick.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in National City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in National City, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

I was called in for an interview by the HR lead. I came in and interviewed first with a team leader and after I passed that interview I met with an executive team leader who is kind of like an area manager or assistant manager. The interviews lasted about 10 minutes with each person and they asked the standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, it was just a standard interview. I think they were just looking for someone who was friendly and confident. My advice would be to just be yourself and answer the questions honestly.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They start everyone at minimum wage.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target in April 2013.

Interviewed with 3 people if they offer you a position then take a drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in December 2012.

Originally, I applied as a cashier but I ended up getting a call asking if I was interested in being a barista at the starbucks that they had at the store. During the interview, there was about 12 other people and when I came back after the first interview, I only saw two other people left. Overall, I thought the interview process was fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • What was a mistake that you have made in the past that you had to fix?   Answer Question
    I was hired early January and I gave a heads up about my school schedule and they said it wouldn't be a problem because they could work around it. Unfortunately, when I reminded them about school a week before class started, they told me they were unable to work around my schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target in June 2012.

It's a pretty standard interview. You meet with a team lead and he asks you a series of questions such as, describe a time when you had to work as a team, describe a time you had to deal with conflict, etc etc. Pretty standard interview. Afterwards the TL had me wait outside the the interviewing office to wait for my second interview. I was introduced to the next TL and he would be conducting my second interview. He ran through the same questions. Afterwards, I met up with HR and they offered me a job contingent on passing a background check and a drug test. You have 24 hours from the time they offer you a job to take your drug test. Three days later, I received an email verifying my orientation. They will mail you a copy of your drug test results letting you know if you passed or failed your drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to deal with conflict.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orchard Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orchard Park, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in July 2011.

The hiring and interview process was pretty straight forward and simple. It was laid back and relaxing, nothing to be afraid of. The questions were very simply and general and not too in depth.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Target in April 2013.

This was my first interview, but it was definitely a great experience. I had initially applied to be a Sales Floor Team Member, but in the end got offered to work in the Starbucks. The interview process was great, there were 2 separate interviews, each about 15 minutes long. There were no unexpected questions, you can find all of them on here. If you don't answer the question completely they will help you out and tell you to expand more. The interviewee's were very nice and funny, and even helpful. After my interview one of them gave me a few tips before I went to the next one. I'm very excited to start working.

Barista Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Target.

Basic interview normal question and assessment.

Barista Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

The initial online application can take up to two hours to complete. If accepted you will be contacted to come in for an initial interview with a manager. There is a mandatory secondary interview that needs to be done by a different manager, this can be but is not guaranteed to happen on the same day. There is plenty of time and oppurtunity to talk about pay rate and details of employment during these interviews. If terms are agreeed upon you will then have to go get a drug test and wait for them to run a background check before you can start.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of you doing something above and beyond what was expexted of you at a previous job.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in January 2012.

I think the only advice I would provide is not to work at this particular company.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example where you had to use your skills to generate income?   Answer Question
    • What is an example where you had to work in a team?   Answer Question