Target Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.4

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Lowell, MA).

Interview

It was pretty fast an easy to get. I first applied online. then i called to speak to the hiring manager to quicken the process and get an interview which i did then. I did fairly well in the interview. I got the job like real fast.

Interview Questions

• they ask you different scenerios and how you would react in them   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was sat down in front of two other target employees. They alternated asking questions about various experiences. It is very formal and they acted nice. Make sure to stay confident and try not to b.s. any answers or they will know. Overall the atmosphere was pretty bad. I was the only one in formal clothes during the interview session period.

Hardlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Target (Framingham, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Waited an hour to be interviewed, General questions about past experiences, "Name a time where you put someone above yourself" Name a time where you had a lot of work and organized it", Two interview process on the spot, if they need work they'll hire you. Not really much to say about it.

Interview Questions

• Company policy question, If a guest comes to your register and the item rings for 20 dollars more than what she thought what do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Barely any room to negotiate, if you worked at another target and were re-applying you could arguably ask for the same or more than what you were paid before.

Logistics Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target (Watertown, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

I received two interviews after completing the in-store application, the first was a preliminary offer of employment that was very short and the second was a very simple meeting with the ETL to describe the position and provide final offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• To describe my related experience   1 Answer

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through a university, three rounds of interviews

Interview Questions

• Name three strengths and three opportunities for improvement   Answer Question

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Watertown, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

Seasonal position interview took two sittings with two different interviewers. Attitudes towards Target and why do you want to work there was the first. Second question was set of Behavioral questions. How did you react to a tough situation, ethics, moral and challenging types of questions. The orientation process was very good, video and computer based training. A HR representative works on the overnight shift as well so no new hires should ever feel as if they are alone.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about Target? Please Note: This was prior to the data breach
      I love/d Target

1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation at all 9.25 hour 1 hour differential after 10pm. Period, take it or leave it.

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Everett, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got called for an interview 3 days later. The interview was pretty easy and straight forward. Got called by HR to do a pre-employment drug test, was hired right after.

Starbucks Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Target (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

I was an internal hire. Was recommended for a Team Lead position by my store and went straight to a phone interview with the District Manger. Spoke for about 15 minutes and got the position.

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoughton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Target (Stoughton, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview call came about 3 days after application. The experience was wonderful. I was interviewed by 3 separate ETLs (executive team lead) and they were all very pleasant. The questions seemed very easy, though this may be because I excel at interviews. One of the ETLs was very charming and easy to talk to--I almost forgot that I was in an interview. Very great process overall. Offer came at the end of the interview and I quickly accepted.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had an idea that helped the company through a difficult time.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Stoughton, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a month later asking me to come in for an interview. Scheduled the interview for a week later. Went inside and a woman took me to the back office area of the store. I waited there for 20 minutes and finally the manager came and took me into a office room. He went over my application and made sure everything was right and then asked me like 10 questions. They asked me questions that would require you have job experience but I did not, so I found them to be difficult.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions were typical like "what are 3 words to describe yourself" "why do you want to work at target" "describe a time when you went above and beyond the expectations" "describe a time when you took on a leadership role to get things done" "what is a weakness about yourself" "what was the best customer service you have given"   Answer Question