Target

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Hardlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

Waited an hour to be interviewed, General questions about past experiences, "Name a time where you put someone above yourself" Name a time where you had a lot of work and organized it", Two interview process on the spot, if they need work they'll hire you. Not really much to say about it.

Interview Questions
    • Company policy question, If a guest comes to your register and the item rings for 20 dollars more than what she thought what do you do?   View Answer
    Barely any room to negotiate, if you worked at another target and were re-applying you could arguably ask for the same or more than what you were paid before.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in March 2014.

Applied through a university, three rounds of interviews

Interview Questions
    • Name three strengths and three opportunities for improvement   Answer Question

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in November 2013.

Seasonal position interview took two sittings with two different interviewers. Attitudes towards Target and why do you want to work there was the first. Second question was set of Behavioral questions. How did you react to a tough situation, ethics, moral and challenging types of questions. The orientation process was very good, video and computer based training. A HR representative works on the overnight shift as well so no new hires should ever feel as if they are alone.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about Target? Please Note: This was prior to the data breach
      I love/d Target

View Answer
    No negotiation at all 9.25 hour 1 hour differential after 10pm. Period, take it or leave it.

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in October 2013.

Applied online, got called for an interview 3 days later. The interview was pretty easy and straight forward. Got called by HR to do a pre-employment drug test, was hired right after.

Starbucks Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in September 2013.

I was an internal hire. Was recommended for a Team Lead position by my store and went straight to a phone interview with the District Manger. Spoke for about 15 minutes and got the position.

Didn't negotiate.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoughton, MA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Target in August 2013.

Interview call came about 3 days after application. The experience was wonderful. I was interviewed by 3 separate ETLs (executive team lead) and they were all very pleasant. The questions seemed very easy, though this may be because I excel at interviews. One of the ETLs was very charming and easy to talk to--I almost forgot that I was in an interview. Very great process overall. Offer came at the end of the interview and I quickly accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you had an idea that helped the company through a difficult time.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoughton, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in July 2013.

I applied online and got a call a month later asking me to come in for an interview. Scheduled the interview for a week later. Went inside and a woman took me to the back office area of the store. I waited there for 20 minutes and finally the manager came and took me into a office room. He went over my application and made sure everything was right and then asked me like 10 questions. They asked me questions that would require you have job experience but I did not, so I found them to be difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions were typical like "what are 3 words to describe yourself" "why do you want to work at target" "describe a time when you went above and beyond the expectations" "describe a time when you took on a leadership role to get things done" "what is a weakness about yourself" "what was the best customer service you have given"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoughton, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2012.

Applied online, got call one week later for interview. Was instructed to arrive at least 10
    minutes early to complete computer based questions. These were multiple choice and along
    the lines of, "If you observed a guest behaving in a suspicious manner, what is the
    best/worse thing you could do?" HR person came and took me to back offices. Another
    associate was first person to interview me. She was personable, but seemed somewhat put
    out at having to do the interview . She asked why Target and then a series of questions about
    past situations, such as, "describe a time (at work or home) where you didn't get along with
    someone. What was the situation? How did you handle it? What was the outcome?"
    "Describe a time when you had to work as part of a team to accomplish something?" "What
    would a former supervisor say were your strengths? Weaknesses?" She then led me back to
    a waiting area. Then a manager type came and took me to another office for another office.
    She, too was very friendly and mostly easy going. She stressed the importance of the cashier
    role, said that often the cashier is the only Target employee the "guest" makes contact with
    and how vital it is that cashiers represent the best of the company...friendly, fun, respectful,
    helpful, etc. She asked many of the same questions, "why Target" and some of the same
    scenario questions. She then asked "what if questions". "What if you were working the
    register on a very busy day and a guest complained that they couldn't find something...what
    would you do?"
    Through both of these stages I maintained an upbeat, friendly, smiley demeanor which they
    seemed to like. I answered all the scenario questions about guests with the attitude that the
    customer is the most important person in the building and that making sure they had a
    positive experience is paramount. I felt confident through both these stages, except for when
    I got the last question (see Most Difficult or Unexpected Question). But I got pushed through
    to the next (and last stage), the HR person, who was the same woman who had retrieved me
    from the front of the store. She sat me down in yet another office, asked me to indicate what
    days around the coming holidays I was able to work. She then asked if I had been told this
    was for a seasonal position, which I hadn't. She told me the pay was $8/hour and asked if I
    was interested in accepting the position. It was a take it or leave it thing and there was no
    negotiating. I then was sent for drug testing.
    I did think it was odd that it wasn't until I got to HR was I told that this was a seasonal
    position, with no benefits. I couldn't help but wonder if I had somehow been "downgraded"
    during the process due to something in my performance. There was something cold about
    the whole thing, even though everyone seemed friendly on the surface. Maybe they're all just
    overworked and tired.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were on the register on a busy day and a guest came to you complaining that they couldn't find the shoes their son wanted?   View Answer
    Nothing was negotiable. Take it or leave it.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in October 2012.

I applied online. I got a call back after a few days, and they asked if I was interested in being an overnight stocker, as they were particularly looking for these. i said yes. I had two interviews, but they were split up into two different visits, because they made a mistake with the scheduling and didnt have time for me. So, my first interview was difficult. The man actually got a little angry with me. He asked me many questions looking for "a specific time when blah blah blah happened" and at first i was talking in generalities and he got visibly irritated, which was kinda.... scary i guess. My experience is working in the school districts, however I have just moved to Mass. so I am looking for a job while I get certified in this state. He asked me why I don't look elsewhere, where my experience is. Then during one of my questions, he asked like he didn't believe my answer. He was basically a very rude person. Then the 2nd interviewer was much nicer.... but I think it was too late. The first interviewer did not like me. So yeah. No offer. Oh well.....

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember. They were boring and highly detailed "real experience" type questions about working on a team or something.   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2012.

First interview was at midnight , simple questions, was told to come in next day for 2nd interview with an HR personnel. After the 2nd interview they emailed a day to come in for training orientation. Orientation was done with a class of 8, watching videos and filling out paperwork for 4 hours.

no negotation.