Target

Target Business Analyst Intern Interview Questions

2.7

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Applied online through my university's career site. They emailed a few weeks later saying I got the interview. It was on campus at my school. Before the interview you had to take 3 online tests, math, reading and personality. There was also a pre-night meet and greet with the interviewers and recruiters. That was relatively casual and the interviewers were very nice and easy to interact with and ask questions to. The interview was behavioral with about 4 questions. All questions were about how you work in groups. The interviewer was not intimidating at all.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2013.

I submitted a resume via my campus career recruiting database, and was then (a few days later) contacted about receiving an on campus interview as well as attending a meet-and-greet that the Target recruiters were hosting at my school. It was also required to complete three assessments--personality, data analysis, and reasoning--within two days of the interview time. The three individuals that conducted the interviews were all VPs which was pretty intimidating; I'm not sure if this is unique to my school from which Target notoriously recruits heavily, or if that is their usual interviewing procedure. Fortunately, my interviewer was extremely laid back and friendly which made it easy to reciprocate the "fast, fun and friendly" vibe that they are obviously seeking. He only asked me maybe five or six behavioral questions. Why Target? Tell me about a time you had an issue with a team-member and how did you handle it? Tell me about a time something didn't go the way you planned? What's your greatest strength? What's your biggest weakness/something you need to work on? In general, very typical questions.

I completely forgot to "close" the interview in any way, so I was convinced that I blew it, but I got a call from the recruiter about two weeks later offering me the position (contingent on my passing a drug test within 24 hours). I interviewed Oct 3 and was called about the offer on Oct 14. I would say, without a doubt, that the most crucial part of the interview is your answer to the first question: Why Target? I did my research, and had a really genuine response to this question, which just established a common ground between myself and the interviewer immediately, as well as set the dynamic for the rest of the interview. Definitely prepare for that question.

Also, I am a psychology and history major who has never taken a business class, so apparently this doesn't matter all that much. My impression was that Target values holistically bright, energetic, passionate problem-solvers, equally, if not more than, people with incredible business financial backgrounds.

Business Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target.

I had a single on Campus interview before I was offered the position. I also attended a couple mixer events. The key is to show that you can fit into the Target Culture. To do this I recommend being peppy, excited, and curious whenever interacting with Target recruiters. If outside events are offered before the interviews (i.e. meet and greets) ATTEND THEM. Be sure to meet everyone there, get their name, and remember at least one thing about them. These will likely be the same people interviewing you the next day.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all the standard behavioral interview type. i.e. What are three words that your friend would use to describe you? Describe a time you worked in a group. Describe a time you worked toward an uncertain goal.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation; it was an internship position.

Business Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Target.

After receiving an interview following their on-campus visit to my school, I interviewed in person for the Target Business Analyst Internship. The interview, which was in person, was the first and final interview for the internship. It consisted of all behavioral questions - no curveballs. However, I am not sure what they were looking for, because even though I felt fairly confident about my interview, I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you received feedback from a boss and had to adapt to this feedback.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

One of my friends had previously interned, and he referred me to his recruiter. She then contacted me and we did a quick 15-20 minute phone screen ("Why Target? Why retail?" type questions), followed by an online assessment.

The online assessment is all just going through profit & loss statements and looking at data sets to determine growth rates, breakeven points, revenue, profit. Pretty easy stuff, and it's all multiple choice.

From there, I had another phone interview that was behavioral. After that, I got an offer. Note: you do have to take a drug test within 24 hours after receiving the offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. It's an internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in November 2011.

After applying online through my campus career center, I received an email for an on campus interview. Before the interview, I had to take a math, reading, and personality test. The interview was all behavioral. About a week after the interview, I received a call from my recruiter congratulating for on the new offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to convince someone to see your way.   Answer Question
    They give you a lot of time to think about your final decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in March 2011.

2 brief phone interviews, the second focuses more on behavioral interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in March 2011.

I applied online and then was offered a phone interview after a few weeks. Sadly their schedule was messed up so they ended up having to reschedule me to half an hour later (after calling about 15 minutes late). The second time they called 5 minutes late then we had a very short conversation until she found out I'm not an American and told me I can't do the internship since they don't sponsor work visas and the internship is to scope out full-time employees. Was a big disappointment having to prepare and then wait for so long only to be told off...

Interview Questions
    • What interests you about the business analyst position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in February 2011.

I applied on my school's career website, and also on Target's website. I had a connection, so receiving an interview was certain. Prior to the interview, I was instructed to do a personality test, IQ and Skills tests. One of the tests was deducing information from a set of graphs/charts. The second one was story problems and figuring out if the statement they provide is true, false, or cannot tell. The day before the on-campus interview, Target hosts all the potential interns at a restaurant, where you can ask questions about the position and Target. Make sure you go there with a set of questions for them. Knowing the current events about Target will help too. The main interview consisted of about 5-7 behavioral questions. Make sure you can think fast about specific situations. If you receive an offer, they do a drug and background check. I interviewed two days ago, and they told me I will hear back in 1-2 weeks. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a project that was far more difficult than you expected. What did you do as a result?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had an abundance of information and has to determine the most important points.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Applied on their website and through the Minnesota Private College Job Fair. They pre-scheduled me for an interview at the fair where I met one of their interviewers for an interview. Consisted of basic behavioral interview questions, ex. Tell me about a time when you... showed leadership, had to work with a team, made a quick decision. All types of questions that can be readily found online. About two weeks after the interview I received a phone call from a member of Target's recruiting team and was offered the position. The recruiter asked if I was considering other options and told me I had 24 hours to complete a drug test and one week to accept the offer.