Target Business Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014
104 interviews

104 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

All of the questions they asked were behavioral. Follow their suggestions and you will be just fine. They will push you to elaborate on your examples if they don't hear those key words that they are hoping to.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time that you were asked to do something that you really didn't like.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

An initial phone screen followed by an online assessment including logic puzzles. Then an all day recruiting event at the headquarters including two half hour interviews with senior buyers. There were also several presentations on the Minneapolis area, a panel discussion with current BA's and a presentation from a current senior buyer who explained their career path.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to give a report to a manager or superior, how did you present and how did you decide what information to put in the presentation?   Answer Question
    Not negotiable since it is entry level and I am just coming out of college.

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

They came to my campus and I gave them my resume at a career fair. The recruiters were very nice and personable. The interview was a week later in person and and on my campus. I interviewed one-on-one and the interview was pretty basic. Entirely behavioral, no cases or tough questions. I was hired a couple of weeks later for their summer internship.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had conflict with somebody and how you worked it out.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Target.

friendly recruiter. phone screen, then a full day interview in Minneapolis. The interview process is pretty straight forward. Expect a lot of "tell me about a time" type of questions. Not a lot of hypothetical. Need to show interest for Minneapolis and passion for retail, learning on the job.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of behavioral questions. Tell me about a time. Read up on Target's leadership values   Answer Question
    NA

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Submitted resume though employee referral . The first round of interview with the technical team and followed by 1:1 interview with management .Followed by HR interview , where i have been asked for expected salary .

Interview Questions
    • What approach do you follow to say 'No' to something to Business teams   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Target in March 2011.

Online submission but also I was referred by a contact I had at the company to the HR manager he worked with. She called for a 15 minute initial phone interview. A week later I had another more in depth with behavioral interview questions. Then I was invited to the all day interview process scheduled for the following month. There were about 30-40 of us, all recent graduates applying for entry level analyst positions. After breakfast there were a series of talks about Target. Then group breakdowns depending on what exact position you were applying for which were lead by a staff member. You were encouraged to ask questions. After lunch were three one-on-one interviews with different supervisors for the position. I headed back after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How has your background prepared you for this position   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

There was 2 phone interviews that are followed by a trip to Minneapolis Headquarters for 2 in-person interviews. The phone interviews are all behavioral based questions. For example "tell me a time when" and you fill in with your past experiences. Be sure to tell your story in a way that highlights the position attributes as well as the company culture

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you handled a situation that was more complex than originally expected   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview process required behavioral interviews first on campus at the university and then on campus at Target HQ in downtown Minneapolis. After getting through first round of interviews on campus was invited to come to the downtown campus for another day of interviews. Hiring process then was a few days later receiving phone call with offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to confront a superior with a different solution to a problem and how you laid out your solution in attempt to sway them that your solution was the best approach.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

Resume and Cover Letter, Aptitude Assessment Online, and in person interview (30 min). Run through resume, ask about how you would design or run a segment of target and how to plan hypothetical merchandizing strategy. Standard interview questions of biggest strength and weakness.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time when you had a communication issue with a superior? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

interviewed at Target in February 2014.

Great experience. The recruiter was phenomenal, great pitch on Minneapolis and culture.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had conflict during a project.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, internship

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!