Target Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2014
Updated Sep 21, 2014

106 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

I applied on-campus. I had previously known the recruiter through a student organization and ended up interviewing with her for the internship. I had 1 30-minute interview that was strictly behavioral. After that, I got the offer about two weeks later. It's a competitive internship even though the interview is fairly straightforward. They look for personality and potential more than hardcore technical ability.

Interview Questions
  • No difficult questions. Just know your resume. They pretty much just say "tell me about a time when..." and you need to talk about a past experience where you dealt with adversity, bad teammates, etc.   Answer Question
It was for an internship, no negotiations when you're with 300 other interns at the corporate headquarters.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Business Analyst Interview

Heard back about three weeks after I applied. Hiring manager was interested in interviewing me for that position plus other positions. Phone interview and then two 1:1 interviews with two hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • Where I thought my career could go at Target if I took this position.   Answer Question

Decided I didn't want to pursue

Business Analyst Interview

All of the questions they asked were behavioral. Follow their suggestions and you will be just fine. They will push you to elaborate on your examples if they don't hear those key words that they are hoping to.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time that you were asked to do something that you really didn't like.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

An initial phone screen followed by an online assessment including logic puzzles. Then an all day recruiting event at the headquarters including two half hour interviews with senior buyers. There were also several presentations on the Minneapolis area, a panel discussion with current BA's and a presentation from a current senior buyer who explained their career path.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to give a report to a manager or superior, how did you present and how did you decide what information to put in the presentation?   Answer Question
    Not negotiable since it is entry level and I am just coming out of college.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

They came to my campus and I gave them my resume at a career fair. The recruiters were very nice and personable. The interview was a week later in person and and on my campus. I interviewed one-on-one and the interview was pretty basic. Entirely behavioral, no cases or tough questions. I was hired a couple of weeks later for their summer internship.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had conflict with somebody and how you worked it out.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Target.

friendly recruiter. phone screen, then a full day interview in Minneapolis. The interview process is pretty straight forward. Expect a lot of "tell me about a time" type of questions. Not a lot of hypothetical. Need to show interest for Minneapolis and passion for retail, learning on the job.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of behavioral questions. Tell me about a time. Read up on Target's leadership values   Answer Question
    NA

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Submitted resume though employee referral . The first round of interview with the technical team and followed by 1:1 interview with management .Followed by HR interview , where i have been asked for expected salary .

Interview Questions
    • What approach do you follow to say 'No' to something to Business teams   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

There was 2 phone interviews that are followed by a trip to Minneapolis Headquarters for 2 in-person interviews. The phone interviews are all behavioral based questions. For example "tell me a time when" and you fill in with your past experiences. Be sure to tell your story in a way that highlights the position attributes as well as the company culture

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you handled a situation that was more complex than originally expected   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview process required behavioral interviews first on campus at the university and then on campus at Target HQ in downtown Minneapolis. After getting through first round of interviews on campus was invited to come to the downtown campus for another day of interviews. Hiring process then was a few days later receiving phone call with offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to confront a superior with a different solution to a problem and how you laid out your solution in attempt to sway them that your solution was the best approach.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

Resume and Cover Letter, Aptitude Assessment Online, and in person interview (30 min). Run through resume, ask about how you would design or run a segment of target and how to plan hypothetical merchandizing strategy. Standard interview questions of biggest strength and weakness.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time when you had a communication issue with a superior? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!