Target

Getting the Interview

97 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Interview process required behavioral interviews first on campus at the university and then on campus at Target HQ in downtown Minneapolis. After getting through first round of interviews on campus was invited to come to the downtown campus for another day of interviews. Hiring process then was a few days later receiving phone call with offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to confront a superior with a different solution to a problem and how you laid out your solution in attempt to sway them that your solution was the best approach.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Resume and Cover Letter, Aptitude Assessment Online, and in person interview (30 min). Run through resume, ask about how you would design or run a segment of target and how to plan hypothetical merchandizing strategy. Standard interview questions of biggest strength and weakness.

Interview Question – When was a time when you had a communication issue with a superior? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed at Target in February 2014.

Interview Details – Great experience. The recruiter was phenomenal, great pitch on Minneapolis and culture.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had conflict during a project.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, internship

Business Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in February 2009.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview focused on personality and behavioral questions.
2. On-site interviews X 3 behaviorial questions X 5

Interview Question – Questions are 100% behavioral.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Target came to my college campus for an information session, giving basic information about the position and internship program. It was important to meet with the recruiters and make a good impression - highly recommend going and letting them put a face to your application! Following the info session, I applied via my school's career center and received a first-round interview on campus. The next day, I got a phone call inviting me for a second and final interview at the corporate campus. I found out within three days that I had received an offer.

Interview Question – Incredibly important to prepare specific situations and scenarios ahead of time! They focus solely on behavioral interviewing - "Tell me about a time when you..". My career center was immensely helpful, as was getting information at the info session. Being prepared with 4-5 scenarios that reflect your past experiences is key.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for an entry-level position: the salary was competitive for the Twin Cities area, and I was happy with the benefits package.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – You are placed with 30 or more candidates where you have round table interviews. You meet with the director and the buyer of the category, who both ask behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Target   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – on campus interview followed by an interview at Target's HQ

Interview Question – very standard interview process. with the on-campus interview, the interviewer had a list of questions that he read off to me: tell me about yourself, why this company, this position, how would you fit, etc   Answer Question

Business Analyst

Interview Details – Only one on-campus interview and two online assessments. Heard back within three weeks.

Interview Question – The online math assessment was difficult, but the interview was relaxed and only asked four questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Still waiting

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – The process was pretty basic. On campus interview, tons of behavioral questions. Followed by a super day at Target headquarters in Minneapolis. Advice - > be super bubbly and flamboyant.

Interview Question – Describe a time you where in a team, and something we wrong.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target in March 2011.

Interview Details – on campus interview plus on-site interview at Target HQ

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 97 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.