Target Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2015
Updated Mar 14, 2015

Business Analyst Interview

Just one casual interview with behavioral questions. My interviewer was a nice lady that wanted to see what I knew about the company. Then she talked to me about the company and what she does and how she got there.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Target.

phone interview and emails between myself and the recruiter. very straightforward. applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. Very personable and a joy to speak with. seems like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • behavioral questions -- most of the questions you can google and see ahead of time to get a general idea of what is going to be asked   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Very difficult. Situation - Behavior - Outcome questions, need to have examples prepared. Wear a suit and know about the company. I would also suggest doing mock interviews with mentors beforehand to practice.

Not able to negotiate.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Met at Job Fair at my school, gave resume, talked about my goals. Hand an on campus interview about two weeks later. I truly enjoyed the interview, it couldn't have gone better. Easy flow and standard questions. About 2 weeks later received an email to set up a time where I could talk to a recruiter. During this talk they offered me a position.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Target in December 2014.

Resume drop through their web-site. Received call from HR togo over resume and after brief interview with her, she let me know that I would be contacted for a phone interview via e-mail. I was e-mailed and given a few times that could work. I was also told be to be prepared to answer questions that were "fit" based, such as leadership, difficult situations, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult situation working in a group and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

1 round, on campus interview. My school is Target's bias, so we dont have to go through many interviews. Apply online, then interview, then got the job. Interview is not hard, just make sure to know about the Target culture, then highlight why you are a great fit

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. Just talk normally with the team member there. They are Sr. mgr   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I applied through my university career center, and got an on-campus interview. He gave me a set of 4 behavior based questions, as well as critiqued each of my answers for constructive criticism. He let me know that I qualified for an all day, on-site interview within 2 weeks. Once I was there, there were about 70 other candidates. Most of the experience is social, meeting new people, networking. I met with a buyer as well as a senior buyer, each who gave 4 behavior based questions. Make sure to prepare a list of 4-6 questions yourselves for the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    They offered me more than the average entry-level candidate due to my previous internship experience. I tried to negotiate salary as well as signing bonus, but since offer was so favorable they declined. Try anyways would be my advice!

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

interviewed at Target in November 2014.

They came to campus for an on campus interview and then I was invited to their HQ as part of a larger interview group. This was a good networking tool as I got to meet the hiring managers and the recruiters and former alumni from my college that now work at Target HQ. Make sure to be confident and bubbly.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Be prepared for behavioral type of interview and convey what Target is looking for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

Pretty easy interview process. I applied online through an organization's career board, and got denied, then networked my way into the interview by talking to a recruiter, emphasizing my analytical skills, giving them my resume, and generally displaying the "fast, fun, & friendly" stereotype of target corporate employees. Their corporate headquarters are really nice, lots of red, a more casual/fun "dress for your day" culture.

The interview started more generally talking about myself and background about my interviewer, and then there were 4 situational/behavioral questions that were asked of me. Once we actually got to that part of the interview, my interviewer seemed very disengaged and uninterested, and I left the interview very unsure of what the position I had just interviewed for entailed, doubting the culture of the firm, and my own performance. I received a followup email very shortly afterwards. They asked for my address, and sent me a drug test form, as well as had me fill out a bunch of online forms & resubmit my resume through their system. I was also required to complete a reasoning test and a test that gauged how I behave in interpersonal situations, using video and multiple choice questions for how I would respond in various situations. The reasoning test was pretty challenging from the standpoint of there isn't much time to complete all of the questions.

Overall, a lengthy and pretty involved process. You also have to complete a drug test within 48 hours of receiving the call with the offer details.

Interview Questions
    • 4 situational interview questions, dealing with working on teams as well as interpersonal skills   Answer Question

I honestly didn't have a good sense of what the position actually entailed and what I would be doing on the day-to-day. Also Minneapolis in the winter??

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through campus recruiting website. After that, they screened my resume and offered me a campus interview. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes. On the same night I got an email stating I have passed through second round. The second round interview took place 2 weeks later. It consisted of 2 30-minute interviews and an office tour at corporate.