Target

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

114 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

1 round, on campus interview. My school is Target's bias, so we dont have to go through many interviews. Apply online, then interview, then got the job. Interview is not hard, just make sure to know about the Target culture, then highlight why you are a great fit

Interview Questions
  • Nothing. Just talk normally with the team member there. They are Sr. mgr   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I applied through my university career center, and got an on-campus interview. He gave me a set of 4 behavior based questions, as well as critiqued each of my answers for constructive criticism. He let me know that I qualified for an all day, on-site interview within 2 weeks. Once I was there, there were about 70 other candidates. Most of the experience is social, meeting new people, networking. I met with a buyer as well as a senior buyer, each who gave 4 behavior based questions. Make sure to prepare a list of 4-6 questions yourselves for the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    They offered me more than the average entry-level candidate due to my previous internship experience. I tried to negotiate salary as well as signing bonus, but since offer was so favorable they declined. Try anyways would be my advice!

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through campus recruiting website. After that, they screened my resume and offered me a campus interview. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes. On the same night I got an email stating I have passed through second round. The second round interview took place 2 weeks later. It consisted of 2 30-minute interviews and an office tour at corporate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Hiring process was fairly average. We talked about my past experiences and then the recruiter began to ask me behavior based questions. It's all about fit with Target. They can teach you the job but you have to fit in with the company culture, which is awesome by the way!

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any interview questions but it seemed to be the standard interview method. STAR method was helpful however if you use the SHARE method you'll really blow it out of the water   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating hourly pay for the summer internship however there were rumors that some interns got paid more than others.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

Met with recruiters for a first time during the career fair and my university and then a second time at a networking event hosted by the business school. After that I applied online and was accepted for an interview. The interview was basic behavioral questions, but the key was the networking done before hand. Got an offer two days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when...all behavioral of situational   Answer Question
    No negotiating at the internship level

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

My university hosted a career/internship fair and Target attended. I had met with a few recruiters prior to this fair, and had formed great connections. I spoke with more Target employees at the career fair, and really felt great about my upcoming interview. Additionally, I attended a meet-and-greet event that Target hosted. My interview happened to be with a man that I met at the meet-and greet event, so it was nice to see a familiar face. The interview was very conversational, my interviewer asked 5 behavioral questions. I was surprised when I received a standard HR email 3 weeks later saying that they had hired other candidates. It left a very bad taste in my mouth that I was treated as a number instead of a person after all of the work that I had put into the interview process and all of the quality connections that I had made.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you needed to utilize multiple sources to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied on-campus. I had previously known the recruiter through a student organization and ended up interviewing with her for the internship. I had 1 30-minute interview that was strictly behavioral. After that, I got the offer about two weeks later. It's a competitive internship even though the interview is fairly straightforward. They look for personality and potential more than hardcore technical ability.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just know your resume. They pretty much just say "tell me about a time when..." and you need to talk about a past experience where you dealt with adversity, bad teammates, etc.   Answer Question
    It was for an internship, no negotiations when you're with 300 other interns at the corporate headquarters.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Target in September 2014.

The overall interview process was amazing! Go to LinkedIn and message a recruiter to avoid your application falling into a black hole. Use the STAR method to answer all behavioral questions.

1. The initial phone screen is about 15-20 minutes of "Why Target?" and "Tell me about yourself." as well as moving to the Twin Cities. As an overall theme, keep in mind that Target aims to sell you to live in Minneapolis and make sure that you fit into the culture.

2. I had a behavioral style "Tell me about a time when..." with the same person who did the phone screen. I recommend looking up Target's leadership values and that it really promotes itself as a "Fun, Fast and Friendly" environment so keep in mind teamwork and camaraderie in your answers (such as how you made others more productive), but the magic word here is "I" because they interview YOU, not your coworkers. On the spot, I got an invite to fly out on-site to HQ in Minneapolis.

3. Be prepared for a super-day at HQ, but they do take care of you such as a per-diem spending. While you're at HQ from 9-5, the two one-on-one interviews are only from 1-2. Again, behavioral, but now with senior managers. Just follow Target's FFF and also other things that make you well rounded like an interest to move in Minneapolis, love of community service or interest in one of the leadership councils. Following the interviews, there is a reception. Be sure to network with your interviewers as well as every Target employee! Like I said before, Target does give you the 360-view of Minneapolis so take the bus tour Saturday morning.

Target hires talent over anything. Don't get too hung up in how technical your degree is, but instead just check out the culture at Target and how much you can expect to grow at the company for a career. Also, expect a lot of current seniors who graduate a semester early at your super-day from the Midwest. It can be rather shocking for someone not from the Midwest.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about a time you used multiple sources of information to make a decision in the workplace.
      2. Tell me about a time you used resilience to improve yourself.
      3. Tell me about a time when you were able to work under minimal supervision and with little guidance.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation, but rather salary depends on experience. My offered salary was higher than the one we spoke about during the initial phone screen so I was happy.

Business Analyst Interview

Heard back about three weeks after I applied. Hiring manager was interested in interviewing me for that position plus other positions. Phone interview and then two 1:1 interviews with two hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • Where I thought my career could go at Target if I took this position.   Answer Question

Decided I didn't want to pursue

Business Analyst Interview

All of the questions they asked were behavioral. Follow their suggestions and you will be just fine. They will push you to elaborate on your examples if they don't hear those key words that they are hoping to.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time that you were asked to do something that you really didn't like.   Answer Question