Target

Average Difficulty
102 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – They came to my campus and I gave them my resume at a career fair. The recruiters were very nice and personable. The interview was a week later in person and and on my campus. I interviewed one-on-one and the interview was pretty basic. Entirely behavioral, no cases or tough questions. I was hired a couple of weeks later for their summer internship.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had conflict with somebody and how you worked it out.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – friendly recruiter. phone screen, then a full day interview in Minneapolis. The interview process is pretty straight forward. Expect a lot of "tell me about a time" type of questions. Not a lot of hypothetical. Need to show interest for Minneapolis and passion for retail, learning on the job.

Interview Question – Lots of behavioral questions. Tell me about a time. Read up on Target's leadership values   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NA

Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Submitted resume though employee referral . The first round of interview with the technical team and followed by 1:1 interview with management .Followed by HR interview , where i have been asked for expected salary .

Interview Question – What approach do you follow to say 'No' to something to Business teams   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Target in March 2011.

Interview Details – Online submission but also I was referred by a contact I had at the company to the HR manager he worked with. She called for a 15 minute initial phone interview. A week later I had another more in depth with behavioral interview questions. Then I was invited to the all day interview process scheduled for the following month. There were about 30-40 of us, all recent graduates applying for entry level analyst positions. After breakfast there were a series of talks about Target. Then group breakdowns depending on what exact position you were applying for which were lead by a staff member. You were encouraged to ask questions. After lunch were three one-on-one interviews with different supervisors for the position. I headed back after 2 weeks.

Interview Question – How has your background prepared you for this position   Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – There was 2 phone interviews that are followed by a trip to Minneapolis Headquarters for 2 in-person interviews. The phone interviews are all behavioral based questions. For example "tell me a time when" and you fill in with your past experiences. Be sure to tell your story in a way that highlights the position attributes as well as the company culture

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you handled a situation that was more complex than originally expected   Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Interview process required behavioral interviews first on campus at the university and then on campus at Target HQ in downtown Minneapolis. After getting through first round of interviews on campus was invited to come to the downtown campus for another day of interviews. Hiring process then was a few days later receiving phone call with offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to confront a superior with a different solution to a problem and how you laid out your solution in attempt to sway them that your solution was the best approach.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Resume and Cover Letter, Aptitude Assessment Online, and in person interview (30 min). Run through resume, ask about how you would design or run a segment of target and how to plan hypothetical merchandizing strategy. Standard interview questions of biggest strength and weakness.

Interview Question – When was a time when you had a communication issue with a superior? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed at Target in February 2014.

Interview Details – Great experience. The recruiter was phenomenal, great pitch on Minneapolis and culture.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had conflict during a project.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, internship

Business Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in February 2009.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview focused on personality and behavioral questions.
2. On-site interviews X 3 behaviorial questions X 5

Interview Question – Questions are 100% behavioral.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

Interview Details – Target came to my college campus for an information session, giving basic information about the position and internship program. It was important to meet with the recruiters and make a good impression - highly recommend going and letting them put a face to your application! Following the info session, I applied via my school's career center and received a first-round interview on campus. The next day, I got a phone call inviting me for a second and final interview at the corporate campus. I found out within three days that I had received an offer.

Interview Question – Incredibly important to prepare specific situations and scenarios ahead of time! They focus solely on behavioral interviewing - "Tell me about a time when you..". My career center was immensely helpful, as was getting information at the info session. Being prepared with 4-5 scenarios that reflect your past experiences is key.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for an entry-level position: the salary was competitive for the Twin Cities area, and I was happy with the benefits package.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!