Target

433 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Pedro, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Pedro, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target.

The process took a long time. While the initial interviewing process was done within 2 weeks, it took them almost a month to let me know when my orientation date was. They then called me in and told me that the orientation was the next day. This did not give me much time to move around my schedule for this new position. It was very unprofessional and inconvenient.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself growing within this organization? How?   Answer Question
    not able to negotiate. offered me minimum wage and then sent me on my way to get a drug test.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target.

I had my target interview at 9:00am , I got there at 8:45am . Once I got there I went to guest services and told them that I had an interview, he then took me to a computer to fill out a questionnaire (like the one on the application where you're put in a certain situation and have to chose the best /worst answer)that took about 10-15minutes , I then went to guest services again to let them know I was done with the questionnaire, he then told me to go wait at the Starbucks that's inside target . I sat there for about 5 minutes, then a lady came to get me (she was really nice amd made me feel more relaxed ) . We then went into an office and she started interviewing me ,like I said before she made me feel like I could relax and just have a conversation with her . We went over my application , she then started going over my work experience. After that she went over the seasonal cashier position and hours I was willing to work , if I could have a flexible schedule or not and that it pays $10/hr. The first question she asked was "if I were to ask a previous supervisor/teacher what would they say your strengths and weaknesses are ?". Then she asked "why do you want to work at target" . These next questions are out of order but this is what they asked , "tell me about a time when you worked in a group to accomplish a task, and how did it turn out " , " tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how did you resolve that mistake " , " tell my about a time when you had a lot of different tasks you had to accomplish by a certain time and how did you choose which one you were gonna do first " . That was the first interview , then another lady came in and asked the same questions about work experience , experience that can be useful to the Job you're applying for and why you want to work at target and strengths/weaknesses . She then started asking the scenario questions ,"what would you do if you scanned an item and it was 19.99 but the customer said the price tag 17.99" , " A costumer is looking for shoes for her 3 year old son but can't find the specific size . What would you do ? " and the last question was " tell me about a time when you over exceeded someone's expectations , what did you do ? And what was the out come ?". She then had me sign some papers stating that I can leave target at any time before the 90days or target can let you go before the 90 days,and papers about getting a background check . She then told me that I got the job.Now I'm just waiting to get scheduled for orientation. Good luck to those of you that are going in for interviews . Some tips are , don't think about your answers for too long , SMILE , be friendly , and be confident.
    BTW I applied online,I then got a call about a week later on 11/11/14 ,missed that call called back on 11/12/14 scheduled an interview for Thursday 11/13/14 and got hired that same day .

Schedule

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I applied online and received a phone call that very same day to schedule an interview. Before the interview, I was told to finish part 2 of the application process at a target kiosk (computer) which consisted of 20 situational questions. As I finished, I was then told to wait in break room. I was interviewed by three interviewees: team member, team leader, and executive team leader. All three interviewees were really down to earth. I was told that I would be a good candidate for the position and that I would be working hardlines which is stocking shelves, answering guest questions and helping out cashier if need be. During my job offering, I was told that I would be making $9.50/hr and no drug test would be required.

In conclusion, I had a very good experience, although I was really nervous.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths?   Answer Question
    • If a customer can't find a shoe size of a particular brand, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Fairly easy interview questions to answer. I would advise all those who have an interview scheduled to read other glassdoor resposnes and that should help you prepare! I know it helped me (:   Answer Question
    $9.50/hr

Human Resources Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

You are generally called and then talked to over the phone about your application, if it does not seem to work for us, that is it. If it does work you will have 2 interviews, 3 questions each, before you are offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are not difficult, and you just need general scenarios to answer them. What Target looks for is how you answer them. Identify what the situation is, the explain the behaviors that lead to the outcome, and then state the outcome. I know it looks easy, but we have a ton of interviews that will just have the situation and then the outcome, and no one will discuss what they did to get to the outcome. Ex. "Tell me a time you worked with a team to get a task done."   View Answer
    Target has set pay guidelines, there are no negotiations, you get the wage they offer you, no matter your experience, and you either accept or reject. As a team member you can expect an average of 20 hours a week and as a Team Leader you can expect an average of 32 hours per week. You can pick up shifts to add hours, or you may be scheduled as low as 5 hours a week depending on the time of year.

Target Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target.

I applied online. About a month later I was called. I had forgotten that I had even applied. They set up an interview the next day. I interviewed with two people from HR and then the person in charge of the TPS department. I was called a couple hours later and asked to come back the next day. When I went back, another individual from HR told me that I was going to be hired. Before it is official, you have to have a drug screening and a livescan. This costs about $100 but they reimburse you. The entire process was very professional.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Target in November 2014.

Applied online, got a call about a month later. Went in for interview and had three before i was told i got the job. Usually im a very nervous person when it comes to interviews but the managers are so outgoing and happy that they make the overall experience easier!

Interview Questions
    • Why Target ?
      What would you do if a customer was looking for a shoe size and we didnt have it in stock?
      What do you do if you ring up a item and it rings up as 19.99 but the customer tells you it was displayed for 16.99?
        View Answer
    No negotiation as far as pay they gave me what i asked for, position wise i applied as a cashier but was offered a poition as a sales floor team member.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

I got a call from HR about 2 weeks after I applied online. The lady seemed nice and asked me a couple questions like why do I want to work at target. She then asked me my availability and naming dates to see if I'm able to work on those days. I basically had an open availability so I said yes to all of them. She scheduled me for an interview at the target location I applied for. so then on that day I went to the interview. I showed up 15 min early and they led me to the back room and had me wait in the break room for about 10 minutes. Then they took me into the storage room and you watch a 5 min video. Pay attention to the video because they will ask you about it. After the video, that's when someone will come and take you in for your first interview. He asked me a couple questions like "tell me a time when you worked well in a group" or "tell me about a time when you were doing multiple tasks that needed to be done that day" after that, he sent me back to the break room and I sat there for another 10 min until a lady came to take me back to the storage room to take a questionnaire. Which were 20 questions and I did it on paper. Then another person comes to take you in for a second interview. Now these questions they asked were the same ones I saw on glass door and because of it, I got all the answers right and she said she recommends me for the cashier position. After that, she tells me to go to the break room one more time. Then a different lady came to take me in for my last and final interview which basically means that you are hired. She had me sign some papers and she told me that they really liked me and got the job! I was hired as a seasonal cashier so I wasn't required to do a drug test but they said if I'm reliable enough, I can be a permanent cashier. The cashier position is 10 an hour so I was really happy about that! The interview process that day took about an hour and a half. I recommend you look on glassdoor before your interview because that's what basically got me the job. If I didn't, I probably wouldn't know how to answer the questions! My overall experience was great and the people were nice as well! I'm hoping I will enjoy working at target and with the people. They have not scheduled me for an orientation as I just got hired yesterday. Still waiting on the call!

Interview Questions
    • If a customer told you the item was $17.99 but it rang up as $19.99, what would you do?

something about if a customer were looking at shoes and they couldn't find their shoe size, what would you do?
        Answer Question
    No negotitations were made.

Seasonal Sales Floor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

I got there for my appointment and then asked to fill out a questionnaire with various scenarios. There were multiple choice answers. It was easy common sense. After that was done, I had my first interview with a sales floor manager. That went well. Just be happy, positive, and smile plenty. I was asked "What I would do if I suspect a customer is stealing?" "If a guest is looking for a shoe and cannot find it on the sales floor, what would you do?" "Recall a time when you had to multitask?" "If I was to call your past supervisor or teachers, what would they say are your strengths and weaknesses?"

Interview Questions
    • Recall a time you made a mistake and how you reacted being called on it and how you fixed it?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. This is the job and the hourly wage. Accept or decline?

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Target in November 2014.

Well my interview was a little different than some. I used to work for this company 3 years ago for seasonal. But the interview process has changed since then. Anyway I applied to a different store but I got a call from the one near me. They scheduled me a phone interview, which I've never done for this company.

The interview lasted 15 minutes, the questions were all situational.

Tell me about a time you had to solve a problem?
    Why target?
    Tell me about a time you had to get something done at a short amount of time? What was the outcome?
    What would you say your strengths and weaknesses are?

After that he tallied up my score and said he'd like to give me a second interview the next day.
    I kept reading on here people going through 3 interviews. When I went in the next day I had to watch a video about the company so pay attention they ask you one or two questions about it. I only had the one interview and it was all the same questions from the phone interview. I got hired on the spot. It's a very easy interview just smile a lot and ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • A women is looking for a particular shoe size but we don't have them, what do you do?   View Answer
    • You are ringing up a guest and it rings up 19.99 but they say its 17.99. What do you do?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

The interview went smooth. they are friendly but the bad thing is sometimes they don't call you back. but overall they just want to get to know you. Go in with a clear mind