Target Canada

Updated Jan 8, 2015

3.2

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target Canada.

The process took about 3 weeks. I received an email from the human resources at Target requesting a time where we could meet. The first interview consisted of a few technical questions including your gpa, your why target etc. The second interview had behavioural questions that require you to first speak about the situation, followed by the problem, and finally the outcome.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you made a mistake that had high consequences, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target Canada

Executive Team Leader Interview

Applied through a Campus Recruiter, had a phone interview a week later-basic interview( why do you want to work at Target, Walk me through your resume, Strenght/weakness etc). Having a second phone interview will repost outcome and questions

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in Retail Management vs. Banking, Consulting etc
      What Compensation would you like?

Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target Canada.

Chatted with a campus recruiter at a school career fair who connected me with a senior recruiter for a 45 min phone interview - basic questions (STAR method) and they send you an email beforehand with tips on how to prep. Also chatted a lot about the position itself and what was expected. The recruiter was very friendly and outgoing. Around 2 weeks later I received a phone call from the same recruiter offering me an in-person interview at one of their store locations. Prior to coming in I had to complete an online assessment - the first one was behavioural based, and the second one was more logic/critical thinking based (it was timed and I actually found this part kind of difficult). During this time I also received my dream job offer from another company, so unfortunately I didn't put much effort into prepping for this second interview.

For the second interview, I first went on a store tour with the same recruiter I spoke with on the phone, as well as another candidate for the position. Then I met with two more recruiters/store managers(?), each one giving me one 30 minute interview. The first one was behavioural based (tell me about a time you convinced others to change their mind about something, etc) and the second was more 'getting to know you' type questions (what interests you the most about this position, etcl). Heard nothing for around 2 weeks, then received a phone call letting me know that I didn't receive the job. Overall very lengthy process and a lot of interview prep involved, but it was thorough and professional for the most part.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your long term goal and the steps you have taken/are currently taking to work towards achieving that goal.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Target Canada.

As mentioned by previous posters the ETL position can be a lengthy process. I went through a recruiter with university recruitment. The first call was a 45 minute conversation with a recruiter. He asked me about 5 or so behavioral based questions. The STAR method is what they are looking for . It was at this point that I was invited to do an online assessment. Most of it consists of personality questions, but there are some math and grammar questions as well. Again nothing simple, just read everything carefully.

I was then invited to go to the regional office to meet with a HR Business Partner and the HR District Manager. Here they asked me 4 behavioral based questions, some similar to the ones the recruiter asked me. Next I was presented with a verbal offer. Prior to getting a written offer I had to speak with the HR Manager for Eastern Canada. It was a casual 15 minute interview on why target, what do I think makes me a good leader etc etc.

Interview Questions
    • None, just review the questions that previous posters have posted and you will be fine.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Took the offer

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target Canada.

The recruiter contacted me next day after I applied for a position to set up a phone interview that is very impressive. The phone interview was very straight-forward, questions very relatively simple. After going through the resume experience there interviewer asked a few behaviour-based questions. Examples:
    - What aspects of yourself are you mostly concern to develop further?
    - Give an example of perfect customer service you have provided.
    You can find other questions on the website, have seen them while prepared for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with someone you worked with and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Two rounds of phone calls one with head HR manager, one with regional HR manager, then one in store interview which included a tour of the store and two 30 min behavioural interviews
    All behavioural questions as well as why retail?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to get someone who disagreed with you to change their mind   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

2 phone call interview, 2 panel interview - you just need to google questions that Target usually asks. just practice and think of many situational Q&A. Once you pass 2nd interview, you can ask recruiter for tips how to pass the interview. They make commission so they want you to get the job if he/she feels that you are the right fit

Executive Team Leader Interview

Took about a month to get through all of them, waiting now to hear back on what the outcome was. 3 interviews in total, 2 on the phone and then one in person. All of the questions were behavior based and they were really looking for someone who has experience working in a variety of situations;

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you and your boss disagreed on something and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I was interviewed at their headquarters in Missisauga. They were very friendly and welcoming to all the candidates. I think they were doing their best to showcase their comany culture. I went through about 3 interviews at their head office where they asked a lot of behavioural based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you disagreed with someone you worked with and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target Canada in July 2013.

I received an email from them, accommodate a interview with me, asking about what is the date and time that i prefer, very professional and polite. HR called in at the exact time that we arranged, asked some background and behavioural questions, no reply after the first round.

Interview Questions
    • tell you a time you have to comprise with your teammate, how did you solve the problem, in details.   View Answer