Target Canada

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.7

Merchandise Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target Canada in July 2014.

The process took approximately 1.5 months because the position was not for immediate hire. I was reached out by the recruiter followed by 2 phone interviews. After I passed through to the next rounds of interview, I had to complete an online assessment. Finally I was invited to the corporate office for an in person interview. The in person interview was with a recruiter of merchandising and a buyer. The overall interviews were nothing difficult and very straight forward situational questions. The senior recruiter was extremely helpful and let me know what I should be expecting in the interview.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target Canada in June 2012.

long process, not a lot of information provided. Had to follow up a number of times

Manager Interview

interviewed at Target Canada in August 2011.

Process is fair. They took some time to follow up but I followed up. By the time they called me with the position i had accepted another offer. I suggest if interested in applying do some research about the company and try to see where your experience will match the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked particular questions on technical business terms.   Answer Question

Fitting Room Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target Canada.

I submitted my resume online and got a call to come for an interview the next day. I had two rounds of interview. They were pretty nice people, they talked about themselves and target canada before diving into the interview questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your strength and weaknesses? If you saw a customer looking lost what would you do?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target Canada.

Phone Interview after that an online exam if it is clear call for personal Interviews. Two rounds on same day. Final interview on the different day with DTL.

Non-negotiable

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target Canada.

There are a phone interview first. The Phone Interview take about 15 minutes.
    After the phone interview, I wait 4 days and they schedule me for a face to face interview.
    The face to face interview have very similar question to the phone interview, but it take 20 minutes to finish all the questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to work as a team to complete a task. How did it turn out?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

4 interview process and assessment tests. Last two interviews are with the Store Team Leader and either the District Team Leader or HR Business Partner.

All questions are situational / behavioural based and follow a similar pattern.

There is a room for negotiation in salary but you must have good availability including working every other weekend and at least one night shift a week.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target Canada.

The process took about 3 weeks. I received an email from the human resources at Target requesting a time where we could meet. The first interview consisted of a few technical questions including your gpa, your why target etc. The second interview had behavioural questions that require you to first speak about the situation, followed by the problem, and finally the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake that had high consequences, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

The process took about a month. I met the recruiter at an information session on campus and then proceeded to apply for the position online. One phone interview, one interview on campus, and then a final interview at the Target Canada office in Mississauga. The company culture is super friendly and very accepting.

Interview Questions
    • Pure behavioural. They're looking for a particular type of people that will fit into their culture.

Tell me about a time you used multiple sources of information to make a decision.

Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Applied through a Campus Recruiter, had a phone interview a week later-basic interview( why do you want to work at Target, Walk me through your resume, Strenght/weakness etc). Having a second phone interview will repost outcome and questions

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in Retail Management vs. Banking, Consulting etc
      What Compensation would you like?

Answer Question