Target Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.3

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Called for me to come in for a interview one morning. Arrived their was one other person applying as well. I was interviewed by two different managers. They were both very friendly and fun. Even started just talking and somewhat got off track of interview questions. Really interested in getting to know me my plans. I watched a video about guest service on sales floor. Then was offered a job on the spot. Did a drug test later that day.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you gave good service?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Applied online, about a month later I got a call and was asked if I could come in for an interview that week. Got there about five minutes early, waited 10 minutes before anyone even came out and got me, and then waited another 25 minutes in the back room before my interview began. Interviewed with someone for about 10 minutes, then interviewed with the GM for another 10 minutes. Offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to demonstrate excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work with someone that you didn't get along with and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I have my third interview in two days and I realized it's not necessary. I only
    Applied for cashier why should I have three interviews for this position. The first interview was like three minutes. Then the next interview was with the executive team leader and I didn't like her at all. Then the third interview is supposed to be with someone in a specific department. Why three interviews ? The first one should have been a phone interview and they wasted my time. I don't even want the job anymore.

Interview Questions
    • Typical situational questions that you can't rehearse.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

It was fairly low stress. They first have you fill out a questionnaire on their website(or you can do it in store). They were pretty basic questions about situations. It took some time to finish, about 30 minutes or so. Then they contact you within a week or so for an in person interview which was also pretty basic. If you make it past all of that, you take a drug test and if you pass that you're given the job.

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

The interview was great! The two managers were very friendly and had a positive attitude! I was first called for a phone interview then came in for a face to face about two days later. They hired me on the spot! If you are really serious about getting this job, read through the glassdoor reviews. There is no way that i would have aced this interview if i had not spent time looking through these answers. The interview questions were identical to the ones on here. When you go, try to have a upbeat and positive vibe! As long as you prep your answers ( which are given to you on this site) you'll be fine!

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are pretty much on here! But the one that i did not see was " If i were to as three of your best friends to describe you in one word each, what would they be"?   View Answer
    • Why Target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when ...   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

1 phone interview and 1 in person interview at the store you're looking to be hired at. The phone interview is mostly situational and used to get to know more about you. The in person interview is questions based off a video you are required to watch during the interview time. The in person interview was 3-5 questions. Not very difficult.

Interview Questions
    • If the customer says they saw this shirt for $15 and it rings up as $25 what do you do?   View Answers (4)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in March 2015.

The Target interview process was 3 stages. I was first called and asked could I do a phone interview. The lady who calls initially offering the interview asked a few questions during the call about what made me want to be cashier at target and to ensure my availability was correct. She then set up my phone interview for about 4 days later. The phone interview was basically scenario questions. It lasted about 30 minutes. After the phone interview I was offered a second interview which was a sit-in interview at Target. At the second interview I filled out an assessment before starting the second interview. Also, I watched a clip of how cashiers are suppose to act towards guests and what the expectations are of Target. Then the interview started after the clip. The questions were still scenario based questions. The second interview was also 30 minutes. After the second interview I was offered a third interview with the HR manager. During the third interview I was briefly asked did I understand the expectations of the job and to tell a little about myself. After about 10 minutes I was asked to go sign paper work on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the phone interview questions were: "what makes you the perfect candidate for the job", "describe a situation where a customer was unhappy with service and how you would react", "describe a time when a coworker and you didn't get along tell how you worked together without conflict", "describe a chaotic time at work where you had to help a lot of customers"
      Some of the sit in interview questions were:" describe a time where you had to stand up for yourself whether it be at school or work", "describe a time where a customer was very happy with your service", "tell your greatest weakness and greatest strength"

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in March 2015.

I applied online and heard back within a few days to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was less than ten minutes, consisted of a couple of situational/behavioral questions and "why do you want to work at Target?" Later that day I got a call to schedule an in person interview that would take place two days later. They had me do a 20 minute questionnaire on the computer before my interview that was mostly situational/behavioral questions and some basic math, graph reading questions. The person interviewing me was very friendly and nice, she looked over my resume and asked me a few questions regarding my past work experience then proceeded to ask me questions from a printout. She was happy to answer all of my questions at the end and thanked me for my time. All the questions I was asked are already on this site in other reviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in March 2015.

Whole process took 8 days. Thursday: Went to target and applied at their kiosk. Friday: Was called about a phone interview on Monday morning and was instructed to go back to target and take a questionnaire at the kiosk before the interview. Sat: I took the questionnaire (situational questions: what would you do if a coworker refused to do his/her work) took 20 minutes. Could be less. Monday: phone interview. (Checked availability and ask the questions i put) took about 15 minutes. Scheduled an face to face interview for Friday that week. Friday: did face to face interview. Was asked basically the same questions as the phone interview. Took 10 minutes. Was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were given a task and exceeded expectations.   Answer Question
    • If I talked to a former supervisor or teacher, what would they say you could improve on?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to do two conflicting projects/tasks and how you managed to get both done and how you chose what was more important.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to stand up for yourself.   Answer Question
    Didnt try to negotiate price. Target just raised their pay from 8.25 to 9.25. So i took it.

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Applied on the 19th called the same day to check on my application. At that time they set up an phone interview . Received a call they basically asked me about me past job history . My ability and various other questions. He said i did excellent and that someone would be calling me to schedule the face to face interview. They called the next day to tell me the day and time . They scheduled it for the next week. Went and they basically asked the same questions as the phone interview. Towards the end of the meeting she told me there wasnt and body there to do thw job offer. So i came in the next day and i got the job

Interview Questions
    • If a customer says something is 17.99 but in the store is 20.00 .   View Answers (2)