Target

Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.3

413 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

Applied online and received a call a few days later, Phone interview with basic situational questions, in-person interview with same phone interview questions and 2 questions on how you would handle a certain situation, after this interview I was asked to come back again then I signed some papers and was given an orientation date.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Applied online and then got contacted about two weeks later to come in for an interview. Got a call and had an interview over the phone. Asking the regular stuff, "why would you wanna work here" "Describe yourself in a few words" "whats your biggest weakness" Showed up had to fill out another application online while in store. Got brought upstairs and held in the break room. Met with the head HR person where they asked me the same questions asked on the phone and online. Then i met with an HR person and they offered me the job that day.

Interview Questions
    • "whats your worst quality" "describe a moment where you were stuck but got through it"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target.

I applied online for a seasonal cashier. I was not contacted and by the 4th or 5th day, I called in to request an interview. They pulled up my online application and set an appoutnment for a phone interview with a lead. That went well, so I went in to interview with HR. I was offered the job at the end of the interview. Two days later, I attended a 4-hour orientation then started my job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • IDK. Just know they are going to ask your questions about what you would do in a retail setting-- like "the guest cannot find the shirt they want in their size. What would you do?" I said I'd ask if they wanted me to check with another store and/or see if I could help them find something acceptable in our store. There are a lot of personalituy-type questions on the online application, so keep those in mind.   Answer Question
    None. Maybe I should have, but I hate asking for money. When they told me it paid $7.75/hour I was shocked it was so little, but I accepted anyway.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

i applied online and i got a call for an interview about a month later. the interview was okay, it wasn't too hard. i was very nervous though because it was my first interview ever. i interviewed 1:1 with 2 different people. the first person was a bit in depth and the second person was more of a formality, i guess. the interviews with the people took about 5-10 minutes each, but they made me wait about 30-45 minutes to see each interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • what skill do you have that could contribute to this company.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in January 2015.

Work at food place before but I would like to get more lesson in new job and get more study on it. I would work hard on it either. Thank you

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

They ask basically the same questions every job ask. Tell me about yourself. Tell me about your previous experiences. How do you think you would benefit to the company. you sit and talk with the hiring manger and then they might walk you around meeting other employees and through the back offices.

Interview Questions
    there was no negotiation. I was told the pay and hours.

Cashier Interview

Two interviews. First interview with a laid back individual -- struggled in talking to him, partly because I was sick. Second interview (5-10 minutes later) with a polite woman -- tried to be more confident because I know the first interview didn't go very well.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you did better than others.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target.

1. applied online
    2. received phone call within 2 days
    3. interviewer was friendly yet professional
    4. asks about your life experience
    5. asks about your strengths, weakness and what is your greatest accomplishment

Cashier Interview

I was called in for and interview after applying online. They had forgotten that I was coming and I had to wait 45 minutes for the interview. I was interviewed by two people that asked me very similar questions. They told me they would call in 3-4 days about a hiring decision. Two weeks later I received an e-mail saying I was not going to be hired. They were very unresponsive and clearly we very uninterested in me.

Cashier Interview

Was easy. You'll have 3 questions. Your first will be with a manager, the next is with their higher-up and the last one is with the store manager. the third is just an offer so it's quick.