Target

Average Difficulty
343 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – All you need to do is be able to do explain all experience you have. This allows the hiring manager probably place you in the most appropriate location in the store. Other than that the drug test is very important to pass and dress probably for all in store interviews.

Interview Question – The most difficult question is how to handle your self with the public in a proper manner because being involved with customer service is very nerve racking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really the only negotiation is position. The pay will not change based on school or work experience

Very Easy Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call a few days later to schedule a phone interview. Interview went well, was asked about availability and explained what the job entails. They also asked 3 "name a time when.." questions. It was easier then I expected. I was then scheduled for a 1:1 interview a few days later.
I arrived, completed the questionnaire on the computer and was brought to the back to watch a video about working at Target. I was then interviewed by a very friendly woman, it was very similar to the phone interview.
She then said they would call me back for a 3rd interview and that never happened.

Interview Questions

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – It was a standard interview only standard questions were asked. We discussed pay but it was not really that negotiable. I had only one interview and was hired a few days later by phone call. Overall Target is a good employer and i would recommend anyone to apply for a position at and target location for any businesses.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wilmington, DE

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – This interview/hiring process was easy enough. The only issue I had was that I had to wait an hour after my scheduled interview time to actually be seen (I guess I got lost in the shuffle of a Monday). I had to interview with two separate managers, and I was offered a job the same day!

Interview Question – The questions were straight-forward and mostly situation type.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in January 2011.

Interview Details – Straight forward process that took one to two weeks after applying online. Basic questions with a group interview first then had a one on one interview with a supervisor. It's an average interview so knowing your stuff and being prepared will get you far. They want to make sure you can speak well and ensure customer satisfaction.

Interview Question – What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I only got through the phone call process, but I found it to be handled poorly. They call you and give you questions, but they pause after you give your answer and you do not know if it is because they want more information or because they are reading the next question, which can be disorienting.

Interview Question – What would your employer say is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Boise, ID

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and I got a call the next day. I was asked a few questions and then asked to come in for an in-person interview. My interview was at 11am and I got there around 10:45. They had me fill out another personality questionnaire, which took about 10 minutes. After that they had me wait in the food area and after about 5 minutes, I was called in for an interview. I was asked questions like "Tell me about yourself", "Name a time when you gave great customer service" and "Describe a time when you worked really well with others as a team". After that, they had me wait again for another person to interview me. I was once again asked to "Tell me about yourself". I was also asked questions like "Name a time when you made a mistake and what did you do" The last question I was asked was "What would you do if a customer said something was $17.99 and rang up as $19.99. I was prepared for all of these questions thanks to looking at glass door. After I was asked the last question I was offered a job on the spot and told that I would have to take a drug test and wait for it to come back clean. They scheduled an orientation day with me as well.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer said something was $17.99 and rang up as $19.99   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. At this store they start their cashiers at $7.75 per hour and you could take it or leave it.

Clovis, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online only and got a call 2 months later to set up a phone interview. The interviewer was very nice and patient but the questions were somewhat hard. There was a lot of "when was a time" type questions that required me to stop and think to past experiences. Overall I was very confident about the interview but I got an email 3 days later saying they weren't interested. The entire interview process only took 5 days but was a waste of time and I felt like I wasn't even considered.

Interview Question – What would your past supervisor say your strengths and weaknesses are? When was a time you went above expectation? When was a time you worked in a team? When was a time that you had to multitask many things at once?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Waukesha, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – I did a application and was called the next day for a phone interview! Question s were... Why Are You Interested For Working At Target? What are your experiences that relates to the job? What are your strengths/weaknesses? Scenarios: Describe a time you were part of a team? Name a time you had multiple things to do in a short period of time? Name a time you went above and beyond to meet a customer expectations? Than they schedule you a face to face interview 1-2 days after. They ask you the same questions don't be nervous take your time and answer them the best way you can. You will know if you have the job at the end of the interview. TIP: If you're told we have more applicants to interview you did not get the job but apply again at a different target. GOODLUCK!!!

Interview Question – All customers are your number one priority just make sure they leave the store happy and satisfied.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None I accepted the offer that was given to me!

Fresno, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Called them that same day. Had a phone interview the next morning (Tuesday). Had a face to face interview the day after that(Wednesday). I was scheduled a second face to face interview for the following Monday which turned out to be the job offer and drug test. Pretty simple process..

Interview Question – Describe a time when you made a mistake? What type of experience do you have that would relate to the position you're applying for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. They tell you the exact amount they will pay you and you either agree to it or not.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!