Target Cashier Interview Questions & Reviews

346 interviews

2.3

346 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

I applied online for multiple positions at multiple locations. I was contacted via phone about two weeks after I applied and was asked to come in for an interview. Upon my arrival, I had to complete an online assessment - do you agree or disagree with this or that - and then went into my interview. I was interviewed 1-on-1 by two different people, back to back. The questions were basic, they just want to know how you'll react to different situations with customers. I was offered a position with the company that day and went to HR to receive papers and was instruction to complete a drug test in 24 hours and then was contacted for orientation information.

Interview Questions
  • I didn't expect the team/leadership style questions since a cashier position is pretty isolated.   View Answer
They tell you what your starting pay is, no negotiation really presented.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Azusa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Applied on a monday, got called on a Wednesday for an interview on Thursday.
    Was told to go to a kiosk to fill out some answers, then was taken inside with another interviewee, then we watched a 5 minute video.
    The other interviewee was sent in to interview 1x1, 10 minutes later she came out and was on her way. Then I came in, he asked 3 questions, interview lasted about 15min. Then he left and when he returned he sent me to the HR manager and she interviewed me. She asked me what position I would like, sent me out, then another lady came out and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why target?   View Answer
    • If a guest was asking for help with shoes, and they were no longer in stock, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

Apply online. I got a call telling me to come in for an interview. Had to reapply at the store and go through 2 interviews. One was the front manager the other was the store manager. They asked mainly star type interview questions but I was prepared because I practiced.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you set a goal and were able to meet or achieve it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

All you need to do is be able to do explain all experience you have. This allows the hiring manager probably place you in the most appropriate location in the store. Other than that the drug test is very important to pass and dress probably for all in store interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is how to handle your self with the public in a proper manner because being involved with customer service is very nerve racking.   Answer Question
    Not really the only negotiation is position. The pay will not change based on school or work experience

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Applied online and got a call a few days later to schedule a phone interview. Interview went well, was asked about availability and explained what the job entails. They also asked 3 "name a time when.." questions. It was easier then I expected. I was then scheduled for a 1:1 interview a few days later.
    I arrived, completed the questionnaire on the computer and was brought to the back to watch a video about working at Target. I was then interviewed by a very friendly woman, it was very similar to the phone interview.
    She then said they would call me back for a 3rd interview and that never happened.

Cashier Interview

It was a standard interview only standard questions were asked. We discussed pay but it was not really that negotiable. I had only one interview and was hired a few days later by phone call. Overall Target is a good employer and i would recommend anyone to apply for a position at and target location for any businesses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I interviewed online - interviewed at Target.

This interview/hiring process was easy enough. The only issue I had was that I had to wait an hour after my scheduled interview time to actually be seen (I guess I got lost in the shuffle of a Monday). I had to interview with two separate managers, and I was offered a job the same day!

Interview Questions
    • The questions were straight-forward and mostly situation type.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in January 2011.

Straight forward process that took one to two weeks after applying online. Basic questions with a group interview first then had a one on one interview with a supervisor. It's an average interview so knowing your stuff and being prepared will get you far. They want to make sure you can speak well and ensure customer satisfaction.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Target.

I only got through the phone call process, but I found it to be handled poorly. They call you and give you questions, but they pause after you give your answer and you do not know if it is because they want more information or because they are reading the next question, which can be disorienting.

Interview Questions
    • What would your employer say is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I filled out an application and I got a call the next day. I was asked a few questions and then asked to come in for an in-person interview. My interview was at 11am and I got there around 10:45. They had me fill out another personality questionnaire, which took about 10 minutes. After that they had me wait in the food area and after about 5 minutes, I was called in for an interview. I was asked questions like "Tell me about yourself", "Name a time when you gave great customer service" and "Describe a time when you worked really well with others as a team". After that, they had me wait again for another person to interview me. I was once again asked to "Tell me about yourself". I was also asked questions like "Name a time when you made a mistake and what did you do" The last question I was asked was "What would you do if a customer said something was $17.99 and rang up as $19.99. I was prepared for all of these questions thanks to looking at glass door. After I was asked the last question I was offered a job on the spot and told that I would have to take a drug test and wait for it to come back clean. They scheduled an orientation day with me as well.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer said something was $17.99 and rang up as $19.99   View Answer
    No negotiation. At this store they start their cashiers at $7.75 per hour and you could take it or leave it.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!