Target Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.3

Cashier Interview

Interview

You first are interviewed on the phone, then an in person interview at the company's location. I thought the 1:1 interview was the easiest. The interview process was smooth overall and you're basically hired if you get invited to the second interview round.

Interview Questions

• If I were a customer, how would you sell me a Target RED card?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied to my Target online. It took a while to get a call to schedule for an interview, I wanna say like 2 weeks after applying. They scheduled me to come in for an interview two days later. The interview process was pretty easy. I came in about 20 minutes early and was told to go into the backroom and check in with the lady at the desk. I spent about 10 minutes waiting as they called in people to interview those who were waiting for interviews. My first interview was okay. A lot of the questions were "tell me about a time...". You'd just answer these with examples from either previous jobs or school. They read questions off of a packet and take notes on what you say. The lady interviewing me never really showed any reaction towards my answers and so I thought I wasn't doing well. At the end she asked me about situational questions and how I'd handle it, but oddly she wasn't writing down my responses. Then I was asked to wait again for a second interview. The second interview goes much faster because a lot of the questions were either repeated from the last interview or similar. They also ask you about your familiarity with technology. Its the same thing again, they read off of a packet and take down notes on what you say. Then afterwards I was asked do a quick meet with the Executive Team Leader. It was a 2 quick questions about "why do you want to work at Target... what is your availability..." and then was sent back to HR for a job offer right on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target.

Interview

Got a phone call a day later after I applied online. Went on two interviews, that collectively took 40 minutes including the wait. They read you questions off of a list. Easy stuff. The interviewers are very nice. Smile. Its a Target job after all, you don't need to answer their questions with perfection and sophistication.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   Answer Question
    • Do you know what a RedCard is?   Answer Question
    • Bunch of behavioral questions. If you never had any work experience before, remember anything experience that might relate.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and surprisingly they called me back within two days to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went great, she sounded very promising and told me to expect a call in the next couple of days. I got a call that same day a few hours later for an in person interview, which I was excited for. A couple of days later, I arrive at the interview, everything was laid back and I was asked a few questions. Unfortunately I was not offered a position, but it was a great experience and easy going and friendly people to talk to. I would recommend at least trying Target!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to ask for help from someone who had more experience than you   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you needed to prioritize many tasks and how did you manage it?   Answer Question
    • What would you say a previous manager/teacher would say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to explain something to a new person   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to work with someone who was difficult to work with   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online and they called me a week later and asked to come in the interview took about a half hour and they offered me a job it was pretty easy

Anonymous Employee in Lufkin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Lufkin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied to target online. I received a call weeks later to come in for an interview. They told me on the phone before the interview that if I got the job the starting pay would be $9.00 an hour. I told them that I would like a interview so they scheduled me for a Friday at 4. I went in and asked who I needed to see about an interview that I was scheduled for at 4, they directed me to the office to be interviewed, overall the expirence was good, I was nervous being it was my first interview and most of the questions were situational. A tip, if you know anything about the company such as (what a red card is or how they give back to the community.) you will stirke them as you know about the company and educated yourself about them before the interview. So that makes you well prepared. I did not receive an offer that day but she also told me that since it was a weekend that HR would not be there till Monday to see how my interview went but that if my availability and my answers matched what the other mangers wanted to see/ hear then I would be contacted for another interview.

Interview Questions

• What would a teacher/manger say some of your strengths are? When was a time you used your positive attitude to turn a situation that was going wrong into a good situation? Explain a time you had to work someone you did not like/ agree with but had to remain professional with? Explain a time someone asked you to stop working on a task to do something else and what you did and how it made you feel? Explain a time you had to ask someone with more expirence than you to help you with a task?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target.

Interview

I thought this was going to be a group interview since there was 4 other people. One of them had worse there before 8 years ago. Each person gets interviewed separately by different people. I had two different interviews. They both asked almost the same questions. Said they would call back, haven't had a call. This was 3 weeks ago.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone and it was pretty simple, she offered me to come in for a real interview the next day. The interview was 4 hours long. Enough said. I came in early and was put in a room with like 6 other people. I figured it was a group interview.. but nope. Unfortunately they were calling everyone one by one and I was actually one of the last interviews of the day. Each persons interview was at least a half an hour long so by the time they got to me ive just been sitting at a table in this dirty back room for like 3 hours. When they finally called me I had an interview with one of the head supervisors I think and it was mainly him going on about the roles of the job. He asked me to pitch a red card sale and role play with him how I would sell it to a customer. After he finished he said hes putting me through to the next interview which was with the "head" boss. He basically repeated everything the first guy said and asked about my availability and hired me on the spot. Then I had to return to the room and wait until HR came in and told me how much I would be earning and fill out some papers. The whole process was incredibly long and not necessary. There was no need for 2 interviews that were exactly the same and I did not appreciate waiting 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer, describe what customer service means to you, how would you sell the redcard to someone.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Target.

Interview

I did the application in-store. Afterwards you pick up the phone and talk to operator who has a GSTL come to you and meet you. It's important here to make a lasting impression. Be unique. Then I came back and met with HR who hired me in the interview pending a drug test. Awesome, quick experience.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

Ransom scenario questions. The lady was pretty nice, and easy to talk to. They asked About my past experience and details about them. Just be really confident and smile. Once you get an interview with target. You've got this.