Target Cashier Interview Questions

2.3

371 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

The interview went smooth. they are friendly but the bad thing is sometimes they don't call you back. but overall they just want to get to know you. Go in with a clear mind

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

Very easy process, typical interview questions. They always do a phone interview first, then schedule an in-person interview for about a week later. The in-person interview didn't take more than 15 minutes and I was offered the job on the spot pending drug test results. There is a high turnover rate (at least at the store I worked at), so they are almost constantly hiring, especially during back to school and holiday seasons.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but they do ask situational questions that make you think a little.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

I applied online maybe 2 weeks before I got a call for my first interview. My first interview was a phone interview. I got asked things like "Why do you want to work here?", past experiences, and like 4 behavioral questions. It's fairy easy if you have your STAR based stories ready. I was contacted 2 days later to schedule my second interview for next week. My second interview was easier than my first (to me). When you get there you will do a short questionnaire (20 questions). When I was done I waited for the manager to come get me. I watched a video about the position I applied for before the interview. The manager was very outgoing and nice. We started with an icebreaker, she told me about herself and I told her about me. She asked some of the same questions as my first interview, a long with new questions like "What would you do if.." basically customer situational questions. After the interview, she told me that she would recommend my application to proceed in the hiring process and that I would receive an email or a call to set up with the HR. At that point I was going back and fourth on rather I got the job or not lol but I got a call later that day to meet with the HR that following week. Meet with HR and got offered the job... took drug test/ background check and got called a week after for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • how do you manage a lot of tasks, what steps do you take? (something close to that)   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

They called me about a month later after I applies online. I didn't expect them to consider me so I never followed up after submitting the application. Well, the first interview was quick and easy. HR wasn't there to continue the process to I had to wait a few days for them to call back to schedule the second one. The second one was fairly simple but more nerve wracking than the first. They gave me an offer on the spot (need to pass drug and background). Orientation a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you completed a task but realized you did it wrong and had to start over.   View Answer
    • If the customer claims a product is two dollars less than what rings up what do you do?   View Answer
    • What to do if a lady wants a shoe size that is out of stock?   View Answer
    • What experience do you have related to this job?   View Answer
    No negotiation since I have no experience but cashier in my area is a dollar over min wage so it's not that bad for entry.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Got a call after applying online, they gave me a phone interview, asking basic questions like why i want to work for target, personal experiences, adn a few scenario questions. i was told what to expect during the in person interview then given an interview date. i went in a few days later, and was brought in to a room. the lady interviewing basically asked the same questions, but in more detail. then after i was told i would get a call or an email. i heard nothing. (i apparently failed my first interview)

Interview Questions
    • if an item rings up as one price but the customer says its another price, what do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I was called to set up an interview a few days after submitting my application. First I interviewed with a younger woman and she asked me the basic questions about previous work experience ("Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer") and why I wanted to work for Target. At the end of the interview I thanked her for her time and said I hoped to hear from her soon and she assured me she believed I definitely would be. I was asked to stay so I could be interviewed by the Hiring Manager; she introduced herself and right off the bat and told me they'd like to offer me the position given that I was okay with the pay and could get to the drug testing location within twenty-four hours.
    While it was a little unexpected and overwhelming at the time, I accepted the offer, passed the drug test, and was later called and given an orientation date. At orientation there was a plethora of information given as well as a packet of brochures; but no information on the sale of REDcards or the 90-day "trial" period; which seem like important things to mention.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, but I was offered a little over minimum wage in my state.

Cashier Interview

Applied online and Target called me within a few days. Interview questions were entirely standard mainly "tell me about a time when" questions. They look to see if you're a people person and have a positive outlook on life as well as your ability to function well as part of a team. First interview is with HR usually; then a second is with a manager that would normally be your direct supervisor. They job offer you on the spot after the second interview and then have you go take a drug test which you have 24 hours to complete.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you didn't meet a goal and how you dealt with it moving forward."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online around the beginning of October. I was contacted vis phone roughly a week later by a member of HR. I was told I would be called the next day for a phone interview with a TL. They called the next day, and I was then told I would recieve another call telling me when to come in for a 1:1 interview with a hiring manager. I recieved that call a day later. Once in store, I waited for just under an hour. The interview was easy, and the manager asked all pf the questions that I had seen on here. I was offered the position and accepted. The process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something interesting about yourself.   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate the pay rate.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I went in and was asked questions about how i work with others and some questions about what i would do in certain situations, and the interviewer was nice and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult, just make sure you describe in detail the experiences they ask about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

I applied online, a few days later I got a call and we set up a phone interview for the day after that. They asked a few situational questions and then said they'd call me in about two days if I got the second interview. They called me 3 hours later that day and we set an interview up for a week after that. When I got there I had to fill out some paperwork that asked some questions but you usually have to do it on the computer. Then I had to watch a video about the position I applied for. Then I was taken back for the interview and she asked a few questions (situational). I thought I did well and she always answered back with a positive response like "excellent". I called the next morning to see when I'd get a call to see whether I got the third interview or not and the lady that answered the phone said "Elizabeth is the one who interviewed you, she must have put your application in the denied folder because I haven't gotten anything to call you" I asked her if they planned on even calling me to tell me I didn't get it and she said they typically don't do that. I don't know what was up with that lady but until I talked to her I thought everything went good. Mustve been my experience. They really want you to be all about the guests. Which I was. But they probably don't want to hire inexperienced people.

Interview Questions
    • If a customers item rang up as 16.99 bug said it was 14.99 what would you do? How would you want the customer to feel in that situation.   View Answer