Target

Average Difficulty
336 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Clovis, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online only and got a call 2 months later to set up a phone interview. The interviewer was very nice and patient but the questions were somewhat hard. There was a lot of "when was a time" type questions that required me to stop and think to past experiences. Overall I was very confident about the interview but I got an email 3 days later saying they weren't interested. The entire interview process only took 5 days but was a waste of time and I felt like I wasn't even considered.

Interview Question – What would your past supervisor say your strengths and weaknesses are? When was a time you went above expectation? When was a time you worked in a team? When was a time that you had to multitask many things at once?   Answer Question

Waukesha, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – I did a application and was called the next day for a phone interview! Question s were... Why Are You Interested For Working At Target? What are your experiences that relates to the job? What are your strengths/weaknesses? Scenarios: Describe a time you were part of a team? Name a time you had multiple things to do in a short period of time? Name a time you went above and beyond to meet a customer expectations? Than they schedule you a face to face interview 1-2 days after. They ask you the same questions don't be nervous take your time and answer them the best way you can. You will know if you have the job at the end of the interview. TIP: If you're told we have more applicants to interview you did not get the job but apply again at a different target. GOODLUCK!!!

Interview Question – All customers are your number one priority just make sure they leave the store happy and satisfied.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None I accepted the offer that was given to me!

Fresno, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Called them that same day. Had a phone interview the next morning (Tuesday). Had a face to face interview the day after that(Wednesday). I was scheduled a second face to face interview for the following Monday which turned out to be the job offer and drug test. Pretty simple process..

Interview Question – Describe a time when you made a mistake? What type of experience do you have that would relate to the position you're applying for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. They tell you the exact amount they will pay you and you either agree to it or not.

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Pretty nice and easy, it's retail so they mainly look for anyone willing to work and be able to put sentences together. You usually have to go through 2 interviews before they let you know whether you've been accepted or not, for me I did 2 at once and had a decision on the spot.

Interview Question – Perhaps the situational questions where they gauge you in your responses to certain situations, be careful for those and see if you can answer to their appeal.   Answer Question

Federal Way, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in April 2011.

Interview Details – Very easy interview process, basic questions. First a group interview with several people, then they pick from there for a 1:1 interview. A basic drug test is required and is to be taken care of on your own time within 3 days.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing negotiable

Cashier

I applied in-person - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and after a week or so, I was called and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details:
I was interviewed by 1:1 by two of the managers. The first one went asked basic questions such as why I want to work at Target,my availability and some scenarios based on my experiences. The second manager also asked the same beginning basic questions and some scenarios plus some situational questions.

Interview Questions:
Why do you want to work at Target?
What are your strengths and what areas do you think you need to improve on?
Do you have any experience?
Tell us about a time where you exceed expectation.
Tell us about a time when you had multiple things to do and had to turn in the work the following day.
Tell us about a situation when a situation arose, what you did and what the outcome of it was.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you almost finished a task before realizing that you had done it wrong.   Answer Question

El Dorado, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – It's very easy and basic creations , why you want to work there , customer service cutest ions and what do you expect from the company , personality based cutest ions that help them to see if you get along with people and have basic logic to resolve small issues...

Interview Question – Any ...just don't be nervous   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in January 2011.

Interview Details – Very professional interview. Not too hard to complete interview process. They asked about past work history, and offered a job within 24 hours. Very nice people there at targe. Excellent experience with them.

Interview Question – Was interviewer process professional?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Received another job.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – You will be interviewed twice. The interviews may be back to back. Usually they give you a customer service video to watch.They want to see how consistent you are. You will also have to take an simple assessment. It is a standard job interview. Prepare yourself and you will be fine.

Interview Question – They really like the STAR method.   Answer Question

Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – Why do you want to work for Target?
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Tell us about a time that you made a mistake and what you did to fix the mistake?
When have you gone out of your way to help somebody?
A woman comes in the store looking to buy some children's shoes but the size she's looking for on the shoe she wants isn't on the display. What do you do?

Interview Question – Can you work under pressure?   View Answer

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!