Target Cashier Interview Questions

2.3

350 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Inver Grove Heights, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inver Grove Heights, MN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I applied online, and it took some time. I got a call the next day inviting me to an interview in the next few days, in which i accepted. I arrived 15 min early. The manager or interviewer was a half hour late, and was not in the least enthused. (after I waited on HER mind you) the interview was terrible. She took me back to a small enclosed room, and began preforming the interview. Reading from a binder. She had no idea what she was doing, nor did she care. I knew then, I was not going to receive the job. She then let me know "we will call you" - YEAH, THANKS,

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in March 2010.

Had a great interviewer; she put me at ease immediately. Unfortunately I didn't report directly to her & she ended up leaving for a more lucrative, personally satisfying job.

Interview Questions
    • What can you add to the "Target Experience"?   View Answer
    Wasn't one! Told I would "start at minimum wage," and not given any sort of idea of what raises were like. Took the job because I was desperately poor, needed to work, didn't want to go on welfare.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Requires 2 interviews with the first being a "weeding out" process. First interview asks you situational questions while second one includes drug test and more personal questions. Fairly easy process and the interviewers seemed pretty nice. The whole interview process probably didn't take more than a couple hours combined.

Poor Salary

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in April 2011.

Applied online then got a call back 7 days later, I arrived then had an interview with a team lead then a second interview with the manager, it was a friendly interview it was great.Asked what is a positive trait, negative, experience, how to deal with customers .

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

I applied online for multiple positions at multiple locations. I was contacted via phone about two weeks after I applied and was asked to come in for an interview. Upon my arrival, I had to complete an online assessment - do you agree or disagree with this or that - and then went into my interview. I was interviewed 1-on-1 by two different people, back to back. The questions were basic, they just want to know how you'll react to different situations with customers. I was offered a position with the company that day and went to HR to receive papers and was instruction to complete a drug test in 24 hours and then was contacted for orientation information.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't expect the team/leadership style questions since a cashier position is pretty isolated.   View Answer
    They tell you what your starting pay is, no negotiation really presented.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Azusa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Applied on a monday, got called on a Wednesday for an interview on Thursday.
    Was told to go to a kiosk to fill out some answers, then was taken inside with another interviewee, then we watched a 5 minute video.
    The other interviewee was sent in to interview 1x1, 10 minutes later she came out and was on her way. Then I came in, he asked 3 questions, interview lasted about 15min. Then he left and when he returned he sent me to the HR manager and she interviewed me. She asked me what position I would like, sent me out, then another lady came out and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why target?   View Answer
    • If a guest was asking for help with shoes, and they were no longer in stock, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

Apply online. I got a call telling me to come in for an interview. Had to reapply at the store and go through 2 interviews. One was the front manager the other was the store manager. They asked mainly star type interview questions but I was prepared because I practiced.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you set a goal and were able to meet or achieve it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

All you need to do is be able to do explain all experience you have. This allows the hiring manager probably place you in the most appropriate location in the store. Other than that the drug test is very important to pass and dress probably for all in store interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is how to handle your self with the public in a proper manner because being involved with customer service is very nerve racking.   Answer Question
    Not really the only negotiation is position. The pay will not change based on school or work experience

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Applied online and got a call a few days later to schedule a phone interview. Interview went well, was asked about availability and explained what the job entails. They also asked 3 "name a time when.." questions. It was easier then I expected. I was then scheduled for a 1:1 interview a few days later.
    I arrived, completed the questionnaire on the computer and was brought to the back to watch a video about working at Target. I was then interviewed by a very friendly woman, it was very similar to the phone interview.
    She then said they would call me back for a 3rd interview and that never happened.

Cashier Interview

It was a standard interview only standard questions were asked. We discussed pay but it was not really that negotiable. I had only one interview and was hired a few days later by phone call. Overall Target is a good employer and i would recommend anyone to apply for a position at and target location for any businesses.

Interview Questions

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!