Target

Average Difficulty
330 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Pretty nice and easy, it's retail so they mainly look for anyone willing to work and be able to put sentences together. You usually have to go through 2 interviews before they let you know whether you've been accepted or not, for me I did 2 at once and had a decision on the spot.

Interview Question – Perhaps the situational questions where they gauge you in your responses to certain situations, be careful for those and see if you can answer to their appeal.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – You will be interviewed twice. The interviews may be back to back. Usually they give you a customer service video to watch.They want to see how consistent you are. You will also have to take an simple assessment. It is a standard job interview. Prepare yourself and you will be fine.

Interview Question – They really like the STAR method.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied in-person - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and after a week or so, I was called and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details:
I was interviewed by 1:1 by two of the managers. The first one went asked basic questions such as why I want to work at Target,my availability and some scenarios based on my experiences. The second manager also asked the same beginning basic questions and some scenarios plus some situational questions.

Interview Questions:
Why do you want to work at Target?
What are your strengths and what areas do you think you need to improve on?
Do you have any experience?
Tell us about a time where you exceed expectation.
Tell us about a time when you had multiple things to do and had to turn in the work the following day.
Tell us about a situation when a situation arose, what you did and what the outcome of it was.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you almost finished a task before realizing that you had done it wrong.   Answer Question

Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – Why do you want to work for Target?
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Tell us about a time that you made a mistake and what you did to fix the mistake?
When have you gone out of your way to help somebody?
A woman comes in the store looking to buy some children's shoes but the size she's looking for on the shoe she wants isn't on the display. What do you do?

Interview Question – Can you work under pressure?   View Answer

Spring Valley, NV

I applied online - interviewed at Target in September 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty easy. I applied online. I had to keep calling them and do a lot of follow up. Then they finally called me asked if I can come in two days later. I dressed up in business attire. They had me meet with a team leader. Then I met with a Executive Team Leader. That interview went fairly easy. Asked me questions like why I think that I would fit with Target.

Negotiation Details – It was my first job so I accepted what they offered

Cashier

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – too many interview a lot time of waitingThese top interview tips will help you cover everything you need to know to successfully ace a job interview. From checking out the company to sending an interview thank you note, these job interview tips cover all the basics needed for interviewing success.

Interview Question – are you flexable   View Answer

Negotiation Details – take it or leav it

Cashier

I applied in-person and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – It was fine they were nice and they dont make you feel uncomfortable no pressure tgere is 4 interviews the lat one is the top manager or gm

Interview Question – How fo you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I found another job

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – A Target employer called to set up an interview time by phone. I did the phone interview the next day which only took about ten minutes. There were some about you questions and then some situational questions. At the end, she said someone would call me to set up the second interview. This was an in-person interview the following week.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult at all.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Received a phone call after putting in an online application about 3-4 weeks. Was asked general questions such as "Why Target?" "Previous Jobs" "What do you bring to the position/Target?" In person interview next day.

Interview Question – Nothing really. All very generic questions you hear at every interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered a salary and I took it.

Monroe, NC

Interview Details – I applied online about 3 weeks ago got a call telling me that she would like to set up and phone interview with me that next day did the phone interview was schedule to do an interview that next day at 12:00pm did that went through to interview with HR and the Manager back to back waited in a room and she came back said I was hired!

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target Cashier interview questions and advice. All 330 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.