Target

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.3

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

I arrived early, like 20 min. or so there were two other people and they called us in separately. They asked me questions then they told me they would contact me soon. Then I left.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I applied online. I got a call for an interview and they asked why I would like to work for them. I arrived and you answer questions on a kiosk first. So arrive early enough to do that.(10-20 mins) Went to a room for the interview. After the interviewer said they'll contact you in a few days whether you didn't get it or you need to have a second interview with their manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?
      Why do you want to work for us?
      Tell me when you....(such as worked in a team to achieve a goal/helped someone without needing to)
      They'll ask if you have any questions throughout the interview.

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target.

There was no interview because 4 days after submitting my application online, I got an email saying they had no positions available. Meanwhile all the Target's in my area were hiring, turns out they wanted grave workers....If they wanted certain employees they should've been clear.

Interview Questions
    • Do you agree with politicians of today?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Target in February 2015.

I applied online and got a very swift response! Out of all the companies I had applied for, Target was the only one that called me first. On the 3rd day (Tuesday) after I submitted my application I received a phone call and set up an interview time for Friday that week. Once I got there they had my take the assessment test again. It took about 30 minutes for me because the websites was being weird that day. On a normal day it probably would have taken about 15-20 minutes. After that they sent me into the back room/office and I sat there for about 10 minutes. I then had a brief interview (15 minutes tops) which was fairly easy.The interviewer had a great bubble personality that broke the ice quick and was easy to talk to. I then watched a video describing what was expected of a typical Target employee. After that, I sat for another 5 minutes and was then brought into the managers office for a second interview. She was a little more serious but still very easy to talk to. The second interview went smoothly and then right after I was hired as a cafe worker. (Because it would work better with my schedule, and, believe it or not, gets paid more. So it was a win win) They had lots of what-if scenarios. Thanks to Glassdoor I had already prepared for most questions a had read online. I wasn't surprised by anything and was fully prepared for EVERY question.

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

Filled out a Survey online, Then came to target for an interview. Typical questions like what are my strengths, what was an example of a moment i went above and beyond. I was not offered a job due to my schedule (Not available on certain days due to school) The Interview took a long time, because I had to wait for different managers and employees to arrive and to do the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a moment you went above and beyond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in February 2015.

I walked in and this really nice lady greeted me and told me to have a seat. My interview was scheduled for 10 am and it took about 15 minutes for an employee to come interview me. The first lady seemed uninterested, was just doing it because she had to. Glassdoor really helped with the interview questions. I had a answer to everything. She asked about 7 questions, wrote them down and kept it moving. When we were done, I was taken to the backroom to watch a video about the front end positions. After the video I had to wait another 45 minutes for the second interview. The second interviewer was much nicer and easier to talk to. She verified my availability and asked a whole bunch of "what would you do if" questions. Said they'd give me a call if they needed me, got a call a few days later.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in February 2015.

Simple questions, they were kind of rude however and treat you like you're an idiot. Got the job on the spot after talking to two people. Honestly the ETL's talk to everyone like their children.

Interview Questions
    • If a woman came in asking for a size of shoes for her son and you don't have them, what do you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Just need the money at the moment.

Cashier Interview

took about two weeks to hear from them a pretty good expiernce overall. Very pleasent got even a walk around of the store. ( nothing I haven't seen before)

Cashier Interview

Applied online and received a call a few days later, Phone interview with basic situational questions, in-person interview with same phone interview questions and 2 questions on how you would handle a certain situation, after this interview I was asked to come back again then I signed some papers and was given an orientation date.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Applied online and then got contacted about two weeks later to come in for an interview. Got a call and had an interview over the phone. Asking the regular stuff, "why would you wanna work here" "Describe yourself in a few words" "whats your biggest weakness" Showed up had to fill out another application online while in store. Got brought upstairs and held in the break room. Met with the head HR person where they asked me the same questions asked on the phone and online. Then i met with an HR person and they offered me the job that day.

Interview Questions
    • "whats your worst quality" "describe a moment where you were stuck but got through it"   Answer Question