Target Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.2

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied to my Target online. It took a while to get a call to schedule for an interview, I wanna say like 2 weeks after applying. They scheduled me to come in for an interview two days later. The interview process was pretty easy. I came in about 20 minutes early and was told to go into the backroom and check in with the lady at the desk. I spent about 10 minutes waiting as they called in people to interview those who were waiting for interviews. My first interview was okay. A lot of the questions were "tell me about a time...". You'd just answer these with examples from either previous jobs or school. They read questions off of a packet and take notes on what you say. The lady interviewing me never really showed any reaction towards my answers and so I thought I wasn't doing well. At the end she asked me about situational questions and how I'd handle it, but oddly she wasn't writing down my responses. Then I was asked to wait again for a second interview. The second interview goes much faster because a lot of the questions were either repeated from the last interview or similar. They also ask you about your familiarity with technology. Its the same thing again, they read off of a packet and take down notes on what you say. Then afterwards I was asked do a quick meet with the Executive Team Leader. It was a 2 quick questions about "why do you want to work at Target... what is your availability..." and then was sent back to HR for a job offer right on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

Interview

You first are interviewed on the phone, then an in person interview at the company's location. I thought the 1:1 interview was the easiest. The interview process was smooth overall and you're basically hired if you get invited to the second interview round.

Interview Questions

• If I were a customer, how would you sell me a Target RED card?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

There was three other people interviewing so I had to wait for about 20 minutes before I got called in. The first interviewer read all the questions from a packet and took notes on everything I said. After that I was told to wait at guest services for the second interview. That took about 30 minutes, and then I ran through the same thing with a different interviewer and a new packet. She took notes as well on what I said. At the end of the interview, I was asked about my scheduling I put in on the application. I was then told to wait outside again for about 5 minutes and then I talked to the HR Head and she offered me the job on the spot. I was lastly given a few papers to take home.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Got a phone call a day later after I applied online. Went on two interviews, that collectively took 40 minutes including the wait. They read you questions off of a list. Easy stuff. The interviewers are very nice. Smile. Its a Target job after all, you don't need to answer their questions with perfection and sophistication.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   Answer Question
    • Do you know what a RedCard is?   Answer Question
    • Bunch of behavioral questions. If you never had any work experience before, remember anything experience that might relate.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I filled out an application on the in-store kiosk. After I was done, I went to the Service Desk and they had a manager available to interview me right away. I had one manager ask me a few basic questions and scenario type questions, after that, another manager came in and asked a few more. After I was done with the interview, they told me they would give me a call. I received a call the next day saying I had got the job, pending a drug test. (I had to go pee in a cup and have the results submitted to Target)

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

They basically take you in the back and you have a few interviews with different people. That's considering you pass the application process. It's pretty laid back. They left me in the office a few times by myself to handle stuff and came back. It wasn't that hard of an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buckhead, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Buckhead, GA).

Interview

Did two interviews in one day the first one went really good the second one the young man seemed to have a bit of an attitude like he didnt want to be there

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about 2 days later to set up a personal interview. I was interviewed by two managers who asked me fairly basic interview questions. It was a fairly smooth process overall, and I was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a disagreement with a coworker. What do you know about the Red card? Tell me about a time where you stood up for yourself during a stressful situation. Tell me about a time where you exceeded expectations and your supervisor was impressed.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview was just basic questions. Nothing too difficult. There were three rounds each with someone who was higher up in the company. The whole process took less than an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (San Mateo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I came in for a interview , we shakes hand. They sat me down and ask a list of question and after that she told me to wait in the break room about 10 mins or so they came back and ask if I ready for the 2nd interview and I got interviewed by the HR hiring girl, through out all it was a great experiences and got hired on spot.