Target Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.3

357 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Target.

I went in and was asked questions about how i work with others and some questions about what i would do in certain situations, and the interviewer was nice and friendly.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing was too difficult, just make sure you describe in detail the experiences they ask about.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

Applied online and received a call two weeks later for an interview. Had my first and second interview on the same day and was offered a job. They do drug test too. Just act professional and always make eye contact.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Silverdale, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

I applied online, a few days later I got a call and we set up a phone interview for the day after that. They asked a few situational questions and then said they'd call me in about two days if I got the second interview. They called me 3 hours later that day and we set an interview up for a week after that. When I got there I had to fill out some paperwork that asked some questions but you usually have to do it on the computer. Then I had to watch a video about the position I applied for. Then I was taken back for the interview and she asked a few questions (situational). I thought I did well and she always answered back with a positive response like "excellent". I called the next morning to see when I'd get a call to see whether I got the third interview or not and the lady that answered the phone said "Elizabeth is the one who interviewed you, she must have put your application in the denied folder because I haven't gotten anything to call you" I asked her if they planned on even calling me to tell me I didn't get it and she said they typically don't do that. I don't know what was up with that lady but until I talked to her I thought everything went good. Mustve been my experience. They really want you to be all about the guests. Which I was. But they probably don't want to hire inexperienced people.

Interview Questions
    • If a customers item rang up as 16.99 bug said it was 14.99 what would you do? How would you want the customer to feel in that situation.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Silverdale, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Target in September 2014.

Applied online in the store on a Wednesday, received a call to set up a phone interview that following Monday. The phone interview was scheduled for the next morning on Tuesday. Call came in about 20 minutes late, though did last a little longer than the estimated time of 15 minutes, or so.

Questions were standard, beginning with some basic experience and availability questions and then a few situational. All in all, I felt that I did pretty well. Of course I was nervous, but that's common and to be expected. Unfortunately, it likely did not go well from the interviewer's perspective. Oh well.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time or situation where you had several things to do at once, and how were you able to complete them. (or something like that)   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in September 2014.

From Application to interview the whole process took about 1 week. Job was offered on the spot and I was scheduled for an orientation to work the following week. Staff was exceptionally happy and friendly so it made the process really smoother than expected.

Interview Questions
    • No questions was unexpected thanks to glassdoor. I felt prepared.   Answer Question
    Nothing was negotiable since I needed the job.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

I applied online for multiple positions at multiple locations. I was contacted via phone about two weeks after I applied and was asked to come in for an interview. Upon my arrival, I had to complete an online assessment - do you agree or disagree with this or that - and then went into my interview. I was interviewed 1-on-1 by two different people, back to back. The questions were basic, they just want to know how you'll react to different situations with customers. I was offered a position with the company that day and went to HR to receive papers and was instruction to complete a drug test in 24 hours and then was contacted for orientation information.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't expect the team/leadership style questions since a cashier position is pretty isolated.   View Answer
    They tell you what your starting pay is, no negotiation really presented.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

Apply online. I got a call telling me to come in for an interview. Had to reapply at the store and go through 2 interviews. One was the front manager the other was the store manager. They asked mainly star type interview questions but I was prepared because I practiced.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you set a goal and were able to meet or achieve it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

All you need to do is be able to do explain all experience you have. This allows the hiring manager probably place you in the most appropriate location in the store. Other than that the drug test is very important to pass and dress probably for all in store interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is how to handle your self with the public in a proper manner because being involved with customer service is very nerve racking.   Answer Question
    Not really the only negotiation is position. The pay will not change based on school or work experience

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Applied online and got a call a few days later to schedule a phone interview. Interview went well, was asked about availability and explained what the job entails. They also asked 3 "name a time when.." questions. It was easier then I expected. I was then scheduled for a 1:1 interview a few days later.
    I arrived, completed the questionnaire on the computer and was brought to the back to watch a video about working at Target. I was then interviewed by a very friendly woman, it was very similar to the phone interview.
    She then said they would call me back for a 3rd interview and that never happened.

Cashier Interview

It was a standard interview only standard questions were asked. We discussed pay but it was not really that negotiable. I had only one interview and was hired a few days later by phone call. Overall Target is a good employer and i would recommend anyone to apply for a position at and target location for any businesses.

Interview Questions

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!