Target Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.3

Cashier Interview

Interview

You first are interviewed on the phone, then an in person interview at the company's location. I thought the 1:1 interview was the easiest. The interview process was smooth overall and you're basically hired if you get invited to the second interview round.

Interview Questions

• If I were a customer, how would you sell me a Target RED card?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone and it was pretty simple, she offered me to come in for a real interview the next day. The interview was 4 hours long. Enough said. I came in early and was put in a room with like 6 other people. I figured it was a group interview.. but nope. Unfortunately they were calling everyone one by one and I was actually one of the last interviews of the day. Each persons interview was at least a half an hour long so by the time they got to me ive just been sitting at a table in this dirty back room for like 3 hours. When they finally called me I had an interview with one of the head supervisors I think and it was mainly him going on about the roles of the job. He asked me to pitch a red card sale and role play with him how I would sell it to a customer. After he finished he said hes putting me through to the next interview which was with the "head" boss. He basically repeated everything the first guy said and asked about my availability and hired me on the spot. Then I had to return to the room and wait until HR came in and told me how much I would be earning and fill out some papers. The whole process was incredibly long and not necessary. There was no need for 2 interviews that were exactly the same and I did not appreciate waiting 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer, describe what customer service means to you, how would you sell the redcard to someone.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target.

Interview

I thought this was going to be a group interview since there was 4 other people. One of them had worse there before 8 years ago. Each person gets interviewed separately by different people. I had two different interviews. They both asked almost the same questions. Said they would call back, haven't had a call. This was 3 weeks ago.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

Ransom scenario questions. The lady was pretty nice, and easy to talk to. They asked About my past experience and details about them. Just be really confident and smile. Once you get an interview with target. You've got this.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Target.

Interview

I did the application in-store. Afterwards you pick up the phone and talk to operator who has a GSTL come to you and meet you. It's important here to make a lasting impression. Be unique. Then I came back and met with HR who hired me in the interview pending a drug test. Awesome, quick experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, the process took a day. Was called to go in target for a interview, and waited briefly until was called into the interview room. After the interview, I was told that I would be called in for a second interview within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that your attitude change the outcome of things   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

Had to go on about 3 interviews. The first interviews were a series of scenario questions. Once you past that the second interview is easier. Just to feel you a bit more. 3rd interview you meet with the manager. They just want to make sure you can sell.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Target in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and couple months later I received a phone call. had an interview on the phone, and was called in for another one in person. I got the job the same day as interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what is a RedCard? How would someone describe you? How do you handle stress? Why do you want to work here? How do you go an extra mile for people? Have you ever worked before? Describe a time when....   Answer Question

Negotiation

non negotiable

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in June 2015.

Interview

When I came in, I logged in and was confused thinking I needed to begin the application all over! The lady from the service desk helped and I began the assessment. I plugged my information in there. It said "someone will call you within 2 weeks." She directed me to go all the way down this aisle, past the cat food! Through the security door. I walked in and talked to the assistant manager. They then asked me four basic questions. They had a really good attitude. Everyone was very upbeat.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Name one difficult situation in which you had to get your boss.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Massillon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target (Massillon, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I was first interviewed by a team leader. He then referred me to the head of HR for the second part of the interview. They asked about my past experience and different situational questions.