Target Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Westminster, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Two interviews same day. Job offer same day.Easy interviews, talked to two managers. one junior manager, another store manager. Both easy to talk to. Asked general questions about me, I answered honestly. They were nice people.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Tampa, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied in the store and got a call for a interview about a week later. Interview was really pretty basic experience questions. Asked questions about how you deal with situations in your previous job.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a customer that you disagreed with?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the process took one day. I arrived 30 minutes early to human resources to attend my interview for the cashier position. I waited about twenty minutes for my first interview that went fairly well. I was asked "why do you want to work for target? What are your weakness? If I would contact a old supervisor what would they say about you? Tell me about a time where you disliked something a co-worker did an how did you handle the situation? Also, we went over my availability. After my first interview I was asked to do a second interview that with a higher manager. I had to sit an wait for a little over a hour for them to find someone to conduct the interview. I was asked some of the same questions from the first interview. The only difference with my second interview was that I had to do a mock situation with the manager in which I was told about the company red card and his it benefits the customer. I then had to pretend that the manager was a customer an explain to her the benefits of the red card. This second interview lasted about 10 minutes an I was offerer the position.

Interview Questions

I declined because the position was part time an I was told I would only be working 20 hours a week. I was offered 9.00hr but 20 hours a week wasn't worth the hassle for someone on the bus line.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Bloomington, MN) in March 2013.

Interview

Was called in for an informational interview and met with the GM of the bloomington store. I was greeted professionally and was asked a series of questions regarding my past employment. The gentleman was very nice and i felt very confident when i was finished.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Oakland, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Very straightforward, had a phone interview and then was invited to come in to talk to a hiring manager. I took a drug test, had a background check, and then worked a "testing" phase during which I was trained by a more senior associate

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

There was three other people interviewing so I had to wait for about 20 minutes before I got called in. The first interviewer read all the questions from a packet and took notes on everything I said. After that I was told to wait at guest services for the second interview. That took about 30 minutes, and then I ran through the same thing with a different interviewer and a new packet. She took notes as well on what I said. At the end of the interview, I was asked about my scheduling I put in on the application. I was then told to wait outside again for about 5 minutes and then I talked to the HR Head and she offered me the job on the spot. I was lastly given a few papers to take home.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

My overall interview was comprised of two interviews that lasted over an hour. I was first interviewed by an assistant manager with a manger in training and the executive manger who was ahead of the front end of the store. They both asked me about 5 questions each. The questions asked were very long and dry.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable do you feel about offering the Target Red Card? Tell me of a time you took an initiative in one of your own life experiences (e.g. work, school, etc)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (San Diego, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Typical interview. Interviewed by HR rep, then a floor manager, then passed on to a final interview with another manager and asked to do an off-site drug test and background check. The interviewers all seemed tired, as they interviewed over 30 people that day. Target tends to hire in binges, so expect there to be many other candidates. However, all my interviews were one to one, with no other candidates present.

Interview Questions

• What was one time that you received excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Riverside, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I was originally denied employment twice based on my application. So i decided to show my face. Once i showed my face and called for a more detailed reason as to why I was denied employment they were excited to interview me. The interview process was brief and very easy. I spoke with someone on the phone and then I had my face-to-face with 2 managers and the HR each about 5 mins. The I was hired that same day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Boulder, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

Called on the phone to ask about my availability, then scheduled an interview. The questions were fairly easy. Mostly situational questions. Interviewed by two different people, one after the other - they asked the same questions. I was hired immediately after.