Target Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, the process took a day. Was called to go in target for a interview, and waited briefly until was called into the interview room. After the interview, I was told that I would be called in for a second interview within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that your attitude change the outcome of things   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then I got a call about 2 weeks later asking if I could come in for an interview. So I got there for the interview and the lady was very friendly and funny and was able to let me feel relaxed rather than nervous about the interview. She asked basic questions like "Why do you want to work at Target?" and then she asked for scenarios in your life that would apply to the question. After the first interview, I waited for a second interview, which asked for a couple more scenarios and clarifying questions. After that, they said I got the job and would contact me later about when orientation was.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in June 2015.

Interview

When I came in, I logged in and was confused thinking I needed to begin the application all over! The lady from the service desk helped and I began the assessment. I plugged my information in there. It said "someone will call you within 2 weeks." She directed me to go all the way down this aisle, past the cat food! Through the security door. I walked in and talked to the assistant manager. They then asked me four basic questions. They had a really good attitude. Everyone was very upbeat.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Name one difficult situation in which you had to get your boss.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

Had to go on about 3 interviews. The first interviews were a series of scenario questions. Once you past that the second interview is easier. Just to feel you a bit more. 3rd interview you meet with the manager. They just want to make sure you can sell.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Target in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and couple months later I received a phone call. had an interview on the phone, and was called in for another one in person. I got the job the same day as interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what is a RedCard? How would someone describe you? How do you handle stress? Why do you want to work here? How do you go an extra mile for people? Have you ever worked before? Describe a time when....   Answer Question

Negotiation

non negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was sat down in front of two other target employees. They alternated asking questions about various experiences. It is very formal and they acted nice. Make sure to stay confident and try not to b.s. any answers or they will know. Overall the atmosphere was pretty bad. I was the only one in formal clothes during the interview session period.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call a couple of days later to set up an interview. I had a interview with the softlines lead, and then with his assistant. When the interview was done they said they had to compare notes and about 10 minutes later, HR came in and offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Massillon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target (Massillon, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I was first interviewed by a team leader. He then referred me to the head of HR for the second part of the interview. They asked about my past experience and different situational questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Elmhurst, NY).

Interview

Very quick, asked very easy questions, nothing tricky was hired on the spot, the manager who hired me was the best, however she went on to become a store manager in another target.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied at the kiosk in the store got a response back pretty quickly. They call you for an in person interview. They would ask the standard tell me about yourself and behavioral questions. After the interview they offered me a job on the spot. They would set up your orientation there.