Target Cashier Interview Questions

2.3

357 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, DE
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online - interviewed at Target.

This interview/hiring process was easy enough. The only issue I had was that I had to wait an hour after my scheduled interview time to actually be seen (I guess I got lost in the shuffle of a Monday). I had to interview with two separate managers, and I was offered a job the same day!

Interview Questions
  • The questions were straight-forward and mostly situation type.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Target.

I only got through the phone call process, but I found it to be handled poorly. They call you and give you questions, but they pause after you give your answer and you do not know if it is because they want more information or because they are reading the next question, which can be disorienting.

Interview Questions
    • What would your employer say is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I filled out an application and I got a call the next day. I was asked a few questions and then asked to come in for an in-person interview. My interview was at 11am and I got there around 10:45. They had me fill out another personality questionnaire, which took about 10 minutes. After that they had me wait in the food area and after about 5 minutes, I was called in for an interview. I was asked questions like "Tell me about yourself", "Name a time when you gave great customer service" and "Describe a time when you worked really well with others as a team". After that, they had me wait again for another person to interview me. I was once again asked to "Tell me about yourself". I was also asked questions like "Name a time when you made a mistake and what did you do" The last question I was asked was "What would you do if a customer said something was $17.99 and rang up as $19.99. I was prepared for all of these questions thanks to looking at glass door. After I was asked the last question I was offered a job on the spot and told that I would have to take a drug test and wait for it to come back clean. They scheduled an orientation day with me as well.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer said something was $17.99 and rang up as $19.99   View Answer
    No negotiation. At this store they start their cashiers at $7.75 per hour and you could take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Inver Grove Heights, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inver Grove Heights, MN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I applied online, and it took some time. I got a call the next day inviting me to an interview in the next few days, in which i accepted. I arrived 15 min early. The manager or interviewer was a half hour late, and was not in the least enthused. (after I waited on HER mind you) the interview was terrible. She took me back to a small enclosed room, and began preforming the interview. Reading from a binder. She had no idea what she was doing, nor did she care. I knew then, I was not going to receive the job. She then let me know "we will call you" - YEAH, THANKS,

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Requires 2 interviews with the first being a "weeding out" process. First interview asks you situational questions while second one includes drug test and more personal questions. Fairly easy process and the interviewers seemed pretty nice. The whole interview process probably didn't take more than a couple hours combined.

Poor Salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Azusa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Applied on a monday, got called on a Wednesday for an interview on Thursday.
    Was told to go to a kiosk to fill out some answers, then was taken inside with another interviewee, then we watched a 5 minute video.
    The other interviewee was sent in to interview 1x1, 10 minutes later she came out and was on her way. Then I came in, he asked 3 questions, interview lasted about 15min. Then he left and when he returned he sent me to the HR manager and she interviewed me. She asked me what position I would like, sent me out, then another lady came out and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why target?   View Answer
    • If a guest was asking for help with shoes, and they were no longer in stock, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Pretty nice and easy, it's retail so they mainly look for anyone willing to work and be able to put sentences together. You usually have to go through 2 interviews before they let you know whether you've been accepted or not, for me I did 2 at once and had a decision on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Perhaps the situational questions where they gauge you in your responses to certain situations, be careful for those and see if you can answer to their appeal.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

I applied online and after a week or so, I was called and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details:
    I was interviewed by 1:1 by two of the managers. The first one went asked basic questions such as why I want to work at Target,my availability and some scenarios based on my experiences. The second manager also asked the same beginning basic questions and some scenarios plus some situational questions.

Interview Questions:
    Why do you want to work at Target?
    What are your strengths and what areas do you think you need to improve on?
    Do you have any experience?
    Tell us about a time where you exceed expectation.
    Tell us about a time when you had multiple things to do and had to turn in the work the following day.
    Tell us about a situation when a situation arose, what you did and what the outcome of it was.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you almost finished a task before realizing that you had done it wrong.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Target.

too many interview a lot time of waitingThese top interview tips will help you cover everything you need to know to successfully ace a job interview. From checking out the company to sending an interview thank you note, these job interview tips cover all the basics needed for interviewing success.

take it or leav it

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Applied online. Called them that same day. Had a phone interview the next morning (Tuesday). Had a face to face interview the day after that(Wednesday). I was scheduled a second face to face interview for the following Monday which turned out to be the job offer and drug test. Pretty simple process..

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you made a mistake? What type of experience do you have that would relate to the position you're applying for?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. They tell you the exact amount they will pay you and you either agree to it or not.