Target Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.3

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

The interview was great! The two managers were very friendly and had a positive attitude! I was first called for a phone interview then came in for a face to face about two days later. They hired me on the spot! If you are really serious about getting this job, read through the glassdoor reviews. There is no way that i would have aced this interview if i had not spent time looking through these answers. The interview questions were identical to the ones on here. When you go, try to have a upbeat and positive vibe! As long as you prep your answers ( which are given to you on this site) you'll be fine!

Interview Questions

• All the questions are pretty much on here! But the one that i did not see was " If i were to as three of your best friends to describe you in one word each, what would they be"?   1 Answer
  • Why Target?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when ...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

1 phone interview and 1 in person interview at the store you're looking to be hired at. The phone interview is mostly situational and used to get to know more about you. The in person interview is questions based off a video you are required to watch during the interview time. The in person interview was 3-5 questions. Not very difficult.

Interview Questions

• If the customer says they saw this shirt for $15 and it rings up as $25 what do you do?   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Concord, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

The Target interview process was 3 stages. I was first called and asked could I do a phone interview. The lady who calls initially offering the interview asked a few questions during the call about what made me want to be cashier at target and to ensure my availability was correct. She then set up my phone interview for about 4 days later. The phone interview was basically scenario questions. It lasted about 30 minutes. After the phone interview I was offered a second interview which was a sit-in interview at Target. At the second interview I filled out an assessment before starting the second interview. Also, I watched a clip of how cashiers are suppose to act towards guests and what the expectations are of Target. Then the interview started after the clip. The questions were still scenario based questions. The second interview was also 30 minutes. After the second interview I was offered a third interview with the HR manager. During the third interview I was briefly asked did I understand the expectations of the job and to tell a little about myself. After about 10 minutes I was asked to go sign paper work on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Some of the phone interview questions were: "what makes you the perfect candidate for the job", "describe a situation where a customer was unhappy with service and how you would react", "describe a time when a coworker and you didn't get along tell how you worked together without conflict", "describe a chaotic time at work where you had to help a lot of customers"
      Some of the sit in interview questions were:" describe a time where you had to stand up for yourself whether it be at school or work", "describe a time where a customer was very happy with your service", "tell your greatest weakness and greatest strength"

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Medford, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a few days to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was less than ten minutes, consisted of a couple of situational/behavioral questions and "why do you want to work at Target?" Later that day I got a call to schedule an in person interview that would take place two days later. They had me do a 20 minute questionnaire on the computer before my interview that was mostly situational/behavioral questions and some basic math, graph reading questions. The person interviewing me was very friendly and nice, she looked over my resume and asked me a few questions regarding my past work experience then proceeded to ask me questions from a printout. She was happy to answer all of my questions at the end and thanked me for my time. All the questions I was asked are already on this site in other reviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target (Southfield, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Whole process took 8 days. Thursday: Went to target and applied at their kiosk. Friday: Was called about a phone interview on Monday morning and was instructed to go back to target and take a questionnaire at the kiosk before the interview. Sat: I took the questionnaire (situational questions: what would you do if a coworker refused to do his/her work) took 20 minutes. Could be less. Monday: phone interview. (Checked availability and ask the questions i put) took about 15 minutes. Scheduled an face to face interview for Friday that week. Friday: did face to face interview. Was asked basically the same questions as the phone interview. Took 10 minutes. Was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were given a task and exceeded expectations.   Answer Question
    • If I talked to a former supervisor or teacher, what would they say you could improve on?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to do two conflicting projects/tasks and how you managed to get both done and how you chose what was more important.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to stand up for yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didnt try to negotiate price. Target just raised their pay from 8.25 to 9.25. So i took it.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target in March 2015.

Interview

I arrived early and was asked to take a "what would you do in this situation" questionnaire on a computer. This was simple and took around 10 minutes. I then let the customer service personnel know that I was finished and was taken to the break room for the actual interview. 20 minutes later, a front end superior introduced herself and asked my pre written "how would you react" questions and wrote down my answers. I was asked to wait in the break room, until about another 20 minutes later, a lady came out and instructed me to watch a cheesy video about target and to pay close attention The video lasted roughly five minutes long, but I ended up waiting 45 minutes for a sales team leader to come out and interview me. This lady also had another ridiculous packet of how would you react questions. The fact that they had to follow a paper for help came off as unprofessional, and the amount of time i spent waiting at Target was absurd(a total of 2 1/2 hours). After that was finished she asked about my availability(which my hours are hard to follow because I am a student and a competition team dancer). She told me that everything looked good, and that I would receive a call shortly. I was offered a position, but declined. I would never want to work for such an unprofessional business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target (Tinley Park, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I went in for first interview and was told to come back for second interview. I spoke to four different people during my second. Was required to watch a video on store. Asked about 8 different scenarios questions of how you would do this or that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prescott, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Prescott, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process required a few trips and was a bit of a hassle for those of us applying. I applied online and was called the same day (a few hours later) where I did a phone interview. They then told me they'd call back if they wanted me to come in for a person-to-person interview. I thought I didn't get the job and left it at that. A few days later they called to have me come in and I was interviewed by an ETL (basically manager) after I finished a short online questionnaire. They had me come in for a second person-to-person interview before they scheduled me for a two hour orientation. It felt like it was quite a run-around and I believe they were testing to see if I would "bend-over backwards" for them. I didn't appreciate it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if.......(questions about responses to difficult situations)   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied on the 19th called the same day to check on my application. At that time they set up an phone interview . Received a call they basically asked me about me past job history . My ability and various other questions. He said i did excellent and that someone would be calling me to schedule the face to face interview. They called the next day to tell me the day and time . They scheduled it for the next week. Went and they basically asked the same questions as the phone interview. Towards the end of the meeting she told me there wasnt and body there to do thw job offer. So i came in the next day and i got the job

Interview Questions

• If a customer says something is 17.99 but in the store is 20.00 .   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Interview

I arrived early, like 20 min. or so there were two other people and they called us in separately. They asked me questions then they told me they would contact me soon. Then I left.