Target

Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.3

399 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

I applied online and got a phone call. It was the typical interview questions. Why do you want to work here? What are your strengths and weaknesses? A week later I was scheduled to have an in person interview. They asked a lot of situational questions like : Name a time where yo had to put someone's needs before your own? What would you do on the occasion if a customer acted rude and got out of hand? It was a pretty easy interview overall.

Interview Questions
  • "You're ringing up a customer and an item rings up at $19.99 but the customer swears the price was $15.99, what would you do?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Cashier Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

The interviewing process was rather simple, granted if you pass the online questionnaire with high points. A shorthand way of approaching that part of the application is to remember that Target is seeking positive, helpful, team-playing individuals who undoubtedly see good in all people, especially Target’s guests. Keep that in mind while answering the questions and you'll do fine.
    If you get a call for an interview, in person or on the phone, you practically have your foot in the door already. The questions were easy and they mostly regard past job experiences and what have you done or what you would do in x and y situations questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you ring up an item as 19.99 but the guest insists that the price is 17.99, what would you do?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

I got a call from HR about 2 weeks after I applied online. The lady seemed nice and asked me a couple questions like why do I want to work at target. She then asked me my availability and naming dates to see if I'm able to work on those days. I basically had an open availability so I said yes to all of them. She scheduled me for an interview at the target location I applied for. so then on that day I went to the interview. I showed up 15 min early and they led me to the back room and had me wait in the break room for about 10 minutes. Then they took me into the storage room and you watch a 5 min video. Pay attention to the video because they will ask you about it. After the video, that's when someone will come and take you in for your first interview. He asked me a couple questions like "tell me a time when you worked well in a group" or "tell me about a time when you were doing multiple tasks that needed to be done that day" after that, he sent me back to the break room and I sat there for another 10 min until a lady came to take me back to the storage room to take a questionnaire. Which were 20 questions and I did it on paper. Then another person comes to take you in for a second interview. Now these questions they asked were the same ones I saw on glass door and because of it, I got all the answers right and she said she recommends me for the cashier position. After that, she tells me to go to the break room one more time. Then a different lady came to take me in for my last and final interview which basically means that you are hired. She had me sign some papers and she told me that they really liked me and got the job! I was hired as a seasonal cashier so I wasn't required to do a drug test but they said if I'm reliable enough, I can be a permanent cashier. The cashier position is 10 an hour so I was really happy about that! The interview process that day took about an hour and a half. I recommend you look on glassdoor before your interview because that's what basically got me the job. If I didn't, I probably wouldn't know how to answer the questions! My overall experience was great and the people were nice as well! I'm hoping I will enjoy working at target and with the people. They have not scheduled me for an orientation as I just got hired yesterday. Still waiting on the call!

Interview Questions
    • If a customer told you the item was $17.99 but it rang up as $19.99, what would you do?

something about if a customer were looking at shoes and they couldn't find their shoe size, what would you do?

Answer Question
    No negotitations were made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Very quick response and interview appointment. Had two interviews the same day total time was under an hour. Fast, friendly people.
    You have an assessment then a first interview and if you move on from there a short video and a final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Strengths vs. Weakness and situational type questions. Very straight forward.   Answer Question
    I applied for one job but took a different one after comparing the two.

Cashier Interview

I applied to target about a month ago and just got a call back this past Sunday evening. During the Sunday call, an employee asked me if I would be available for an 11:30 am phone interview on Monday. I said yes and that Monday I had the interview. They may call you late, but do not worry they will call. The man who interviewed me was professional and kind. He asked me general questions like describe a time you worked in a group. Be sure to tell them background, the steps you took and the outcome. If you look at all the interview questions on here youll be fine. After the interview he said someone will call me to schedule an in person interview. An hour later I was called to be told interview. I went in at my time and watched the video. Remember customers are called guest and co workers are team members. Overall just go in there confident and be kind. Everyone there is really friendly. Be personable and think about the best way to make the guest happy in each situation presented to you. Good luck I hope I hope I helped!

Interview Questions
    • What would your teacher or previous supervisor say your strengths are and what you need to improve?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Was highered right on the spot. Had 2 small interviewers and 1 meet with the leader of the area I will be working at. I'm almost certain that I got hired for having an open availability, but then get 20 hours 2 weeks in advance pre-scheduled hours. The hours are so random and all over the place, time will only tell.

Cashier Interview

i applied online, called me a couple weeks later. interview was a couple days after that. first i talked to the customer service woman who got the hiring manager and also urged me to apply for a target card cause it looked good to do so. then they sent me to a computer where i took the same questionnaire as when i applied. then i was taken to a back room to have the interview. the woman was not very personable and barely looked at me. her questions were easy enough and i had prepared for them but admitting i was shy prompted her to ask something like "how would you handle getting two customers a day to apply for a target card" and my immediate reaction was "2 a day whoa really" which probably cost me the job!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

The interview went smooth. they are friendly but the bad thing is sometimes they don't call you back. but overall they just want to get to know you. Go in with a clear mind

Cashier Interview

Very easy process, typical interview questions. They always do a phone interview first, then schedule an in-person interview for about a week later. The in-person interview didn't take more than 15 minutes and I was offered the job on the spot pending drug test results. There is a high turnover rate (at least at the store I worked at), so they are almost constantly hiring, especially during back to school and holiday seasons.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but they do ask situational questions that make you think a little.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

I applied online maybe 2 weeks before I got a call for my first interview. My first interview was a phone interview. I got asked things like "Why do you want to work here?", past experiences, and like 4 behavioral questions. It's fairy easy if you have your STAR based stories ready. I was contacted 2 days later to schedule my second interview for next week. My second interview was easier than my first (to me). When you get there you will do a short questionnaire (20 questions). When I was done I waited for the manager to come get me. I watched a video about the position I applied for before the interview. The manager was very outgoing and nice. We started with an icebreaker, she told me about herself and I told her about me. She asked some of the same questions as my first interview, a long with new questions like "What would you do if.." basically customer situational questions. After the interview, she told me that she would recommend my application to proceed in the hiring process and that I would receive an email or a call to set up with the HR. At that point I was going back and fourth on rather I got the job or not lol but I got a call later that day to meet with the HR that following week. Meet with HR and got offered the job... took drug test/ background check and got called a week after for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • how do you manage a lot of tasks, what steps do you take? (something close to that)   Answer Question