Target Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Saint Charles, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Just ask a bunch of questions, about your work history. What would you do in certain circumstances? They ask about how long you have worked at other jobs. How long have you lived at your present address and how do you get along with the public, other employees.

Interview Questions

• If you seen an employee stealing what would you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Medford, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a few days to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was less than ten minutes, consisted of a couple of situational/behavioral questions and "why do you want to work at Target?" Later that day I got a call to schedule an in person interview that would take place two days later. They had me do a 20 minute questionnaire on the computer before my interview that was mostly situational/behavioral questions and some basic math, graph reading questions. The person interviewing me was very friendly and nice, she looked over my resume and asked me a few questions regarding my past work experience then proceeded to ask me questions from a printout. She was happy to answer all of my questions at the end and thanked me for my time. All the questions I was asked are already on this site in other reviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call for an interview and they asked why I would like to work for them. I arrived and you answer questions on a kiosk first. So arrive early enough to do that.(10-20 mins) Went to a room for the interview. After the interviewer said they'll contact you in a few days whether you didn't get it or you need to have a second interview with their manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work for us? Tell me when you....(such as worked in a team to achieve a goal/helped someone without needing to) They'll ask if you have any questions throughout the interview.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

There was no interview because 4 days after submitting my application online, I got an email saying they had no positions available. Meanwhile all the Target's in my area were hiring, turns out they wanted grave workers....If they wanted certain employees they should've been clear.

Interview Questions

• Do you agree with politicians of today?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Filled out a Survey online, Then came to target for an interview. Typical questions like what are my strengths, what was an example of a moment i went above and beyond. I was not offered a job due to my schedule (Not available on certain days due to school) The Interview took a long time, because I had to wait for different managers and employees to arrive and to do the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a moment you went above and beyond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Largo, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day. I went in and did an assessment at the kiosk followed by the interview, which was pretty basic. There were several questions where I had to describe certain situations that had happened to me and how they turned out, at the end I had to pretend to sell a target red card to her.

Cashier Interview

Interview

took about two weeks to hear from them a pretty good expiernce overall. Very pleasent got even a walk around of the store. ( nothing I haven't seen before)

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target in January 2015.

Interview

Work at food place before but I would like to get more lesson in new job and get more study on it. I would work hard on it either. Thank you

Interview Questions

• Do I have much work experience   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

i applied online and i got a call for an interview about a month later. the interview was okay, it wasn't too hard. i was very nervous though because it was my first interview ever. i interviewed 1:1 with 2 different people. the first person was a bit in depth and the second person was more of a formality, i guess. the interviews with the people took about 5-10 minutes each, but they made me wait about 30-45 minutes to see each interviewer.

Interview Questions

• what skill do you have that could contribute to this company.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target in January 2015.

Interview

I heard about a target hiring from my friend who wanted to attend a job fair with me. We both went and got interviews on the spot. I spoke with 4 people. The first 2 were normal employees who really liked me. The 3rd was the executive leader of the cashier department and the third was the manager of target. They all said they liked me and my answers and will review there top candidates and get back to me which they haven't done. All in all it was a positive experience.