Target

Average Difficulty
336 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Was hired as a seasonal cashier before I got brought on as a regular team member. They do two interviews while there. First is to see if you are a good fit for the position and the second is to see if that person thinks you're a good fit as well. They really like when you use the STAR method to answer questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Target?   Answer Question

Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call back from Target within a few days. I was called in for a first interview. I was interviewed by a direct supervisor for the front end. He asked a few situational questions. The interviewer wrote down everything. It was a 10 minute interview. I was called back for a second interview. It was basically the same as the first except for higher up people in the company. It was brief as well. An HR representative came in after and offered me a position pending a drug and background test.

Interview Question – Why Target? Strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, was called 4 days later and scheduled a phone interview for the next day. Phone interview was basic questions about past work experience and how I handle customer service. Scheduled an in person interview for the next day. Consisted of a short interview with the same questions from the phone interview with a manager then watched an employee video. Had a second interview with another manager and was asked what intrigued me most about the video and about working at Target. She told me I would receive a phone call if I am hired and an email if not.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you implemented a change in a group and what were the results?   Answer Question

Cashier

I interviewed at Target in April 2014.

Interview Details – First they called me and schedule a phone interview which was really easy then i went in for my interview and they had me do and survey with 20 question and then went in met the floor manager and got the job just had to take a drug test and all was well

Interview Question – All the questions where basic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Hiring process was fairly easy. Went online, filled out an application then got called in for an interview.

Interview Question – What was the hardest thing you ever had to tell any of your bosses.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Found something better.

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – 2 interviews and an offer was made. Standard questions and very easy. Confidence is the key.

Cashier

I applied online - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Interview Details – You apply for it online, someone will contact you if you have meet some of their requirements in which they are looking for.. Then you will have a chance for 2 interviews on the same day. Afterwards will call you if you have made the cut. Then have to take a mandatory pre employment drug test within 24 hours of offering. Then you wait for results then they will set orientation date. :-)

Interview Question – There weren't any. Just know yourself and know how you work. I think it's important to know yourself before going to a job interview because then you can answer their question with confidence. Also, prepare. Nothing is better than preparing.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Rockwall, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Interview Details – Ask you some basic questions and behavioral questions. Why do you want to work for Target? A big mistake you made and how did you handle it? What is the result? what is the biggest accomplishment you finished? What is the result? Any suggestions and unexpected accomplishments from your supervisor or advisor?

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Very simple interview process. Only 1 front-end manager. Lasted less than 15 minutes. They are not looking for a specific kind of person for this kind of position. They are only looking for a body to put behind the register. The longest part of the process was filling out the application.

Interview Question – "When can you start?" The questions were not difficult. There were no significant personality questions. It was a very straightforward and simple process. No need to worry about difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You cannot negotiate minimum wage.

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – First had to apply online. After that they called within 1 week and ask to come in for interview. Was interviewed by a GSTL "Front End Supervisor" and the Front End ETL "The supervisor in charge of the GSTL". The interview questions are similar to other jobs such as why do you want to work here and ECT. After that they gave me the job on the spot but had to get a drug test first. Took them a week to get the drug test appointment. After the test they contacted me in 2 weeks for orientation

Interview Question – What would a teacher or employer said you would have to improve on?   View Answer