Target Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.2

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and couple months later I received a phone call. had an interview on the phone, and was called in for another one in person. I got the job the same day as interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what is a RedCard? How would someone describe you? How do you handle stress? Why do you want to work here? How do you go an extra mile for people? Have you ever worked before? Describe a time when....   Answer Question

Negotiation

non negotiable

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was sat down in front of two other target employees. They alternated asking questions about various experiences. It is very formal and they acted nice. Make sure to stay confident and try not to b.s. any answers or they will know. Overall the atmosphere was pretty bad. I was the only one in formal clothes during the interview session period.

Anonymous Employee in Massillon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Massillon, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I was first interviewed by a team leader. He then referred me to the head of HR for the second part of the interview. They asked about my past experience and different situational questions.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call a couple of days later to set up an interview. I had a interview with the softlines lead, and then with his assistant. When the interview was done they said they had to compare notes and about 10 minutes later, HR came in and offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Elmhurst, NY).

Interview

Very quick, asked very easy questions, nothing tricky was hired on the spot, the manager who hired me was the best, however she went on to become a store manager in another target.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Bellevue, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied at an in-store kiosk that consisted of a pretty lengthy questionnaire, and was called a few days later to schedule an interview. Upon arriving I was again directed to the kiosk for a secondary questionnaire that was much shorter before an in-person interview. The manager who interviewed me was very friendly, and the questions were pretty typical. Some did require specific examples where you have demonstrated certain traits, like leadership, but nothing too difficult. After this interview I was directed to go watch a recruitment video of sorts before I had another interview with a different person. The second interview was very similar to the first, also requiring specific examples from my life. They also asked what I learned about target from the video, so try to at least pay attention enough to have an answer for that. After all this (the whole process took around an hour with waiting time between interviews), I was directed to HR and hired on the spot. Overall the interviewing process was more lengthy than difficult. Just try to come across positive and energetic.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   2 Answers
    • Are you comfortable selling Target Red Cards?   2 Answers
    • What would you consider your greatest strength and weakness?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to explain something new to a person.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to convince your coworkers/classmates to continue working.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you exceeded someone else's expectations.   Answer Question
    • Name a time in your life you had to prioritize between multiple tasks and how it worked out.   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time something prevented you from completing a task and how you worked through it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given a change to negotiate but didn't take it.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied at the kiosk in the store got a response back pretty quickly. They call you for an in person interview. They would ask the standard tell me about yourself and behavioral questions. After the interview they offered me a job on the spot. They would set up your orientation there.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Pretty simply they were just looking for slaves. If you where physically capable of standing scanning talking and zoning you got the job. I was just asked basic interview questions but they made we wait two hours in the break room before even being interviewed. I was interviewed twice and asked the same questions by both interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Des Moines, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was pretty seamless. The questions that they asked were pretty basic, and none of them were difficult to answer. Be prepared to give examples for each of the questions, as there's a big emphasis on that.

Interview Questions

• What was a time in which you faced a difficult situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Tay called me about three days after I applied online. I was interviewed by two different people who asked questing like "Describe a time where you had to work with someone you didn't like". After both interviews were over, they left the room to talk about how I did. When they came back, they offered me the job.