Target

Average Difficulty
330 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bel Air, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online for seasonal position; 1 phone interview and 1 in-person interview; interviewer apparently hadn't read my application because she didn't know I'd spent several previous years in retail; spent a lot of time waiting around

Interview Question – What would you do if a guest insisted the price of an item was less that what was ringing up?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Abington, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was extremely long and was unprepared for it. Got the job on the spot but limited flexibility, very fast process.

Interview Question – None really, all questions were to be expected for retail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to rally for a similar position with slightly higher pay.

Very Easy Interview

Shorewood, IL

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Very laid back, they ask you a few simple questions about your application and they usually give you the job right then and there if they like you enough.

Interview Question – I wasn't given any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked me if they were to offer me a position at Target if I would accept it.

Encinitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2011.

Interview Details – Phone call to come in for interview. During interview, I spoke with HR, and at least three
Team Leaders.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a difficult guest and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Edison, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in September 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview with typical questions. Very neutral experience. Did not accept it.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions, but weeknesses is always kinda hard.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – salary vs schedule

Poway, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in July 2013.

Interview Details – Just a few days after filling out Target's lengthy online application, a representative of the store called me to schedule an interview. They only ask a few questions, at least for the more basic positions, but the interviewer was visibly displeased when I mentioned that I only had a single semester of school left before graduating. I doubt that they would be too eager to hire someone that was unlikely to stick around after graduation.

Interview Question – Name a work situation in which you would have recanted your actions later and would have done something else.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

Interview Details – Was asked few questions to determine if I'd fit to be a candidate which were.
Why would you work for Target?
What experience makes you qualified for this position?

Interview Question – The questions that threw me a curveball was?
What difficult situation did you face and how did you fix it.
  Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online one night (Monday) and received a call the next day (Tuesday) to schedule a phone interview for the next day (Wednesday) at 10am.

When Wednesday came around, the call came at 10:03 and lasted about half an hour. I was interviewed by a senior team lead who asked me some basic questions. Why I want to work at Target. What my strengths and weaknesses would be according to a previous employer/supervisor. Name a time when you had to work in a team to accomplish something. Describe a time when you had to handle a lot of things at once. What qualifications do you have that would contribute to the store? In addition, I was asked questions about my availability and other things regarding the online application. At the end of the interview the girl asked if iI could go in later that day for another interview, so we made an appointment for 11:45am.

When I got there later that day (still Wednesday) the HR worker gave me another questionnaire to fill out. The questionnaire asked questions about the best and worst responses to possible scenarios. One of the questions I remember is: In a group you're in, your coworkers are discussing a situation where another worker stole an item. How do you respond in the conversation. Choose the best response for the situation (Multiple choice).

After I filled out the questionnaire (in the break room which was really nice, clean, and comforting), the manager in charge of registers took me to a room where a 1:1 interview was conducted. Most of the questions were similar to those given during the phone interview. In addition I was given scenarios to give responses to. If a customer wants a particular shoe size for her child, but that size is not listed on the shelf, what would you do? If you scan an item that rings up $19.99, but the customer insists she/he saw the price as $17.99 what would you do? Describe a time when you had to overcome a problem and tell whether or not you were successful. I was also asked to try and sell something because apparently it's part of the job.

After the interview, I was offered the job with the condition that I complete a drug test within 24 hours and that I attend the orientation scheduled for the following week.

Overall, every one of the people I charge of the hiring process were very friendly and cordial. It felt like a very laid back environment and the manager in charge of conducting the 1:1 interview wasn't too intimidating or mean.

Interview Question – For me, it was being asked to sell something because I have no experience with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Minimum wage is the starting salary.

Wilmington, DE

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in June 2010.

Interview Details – Two interviews. Initial interview with manager then with HR. They ask mostly life situation questions, what would you do...

Interview Question – nothing   Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – 3 interviews-phone-face to face-and final interview w/hr

Interview Question – what would you do if a guest questioned the price of an item   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiations