Target Cashier Seasonal Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.2

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target.

I submitted my application, They called and I interviewed with 4 different people. They offered me the job, and my first day was orientation. It took a total of 4 days to start work from time of submitting application to start working.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target.

They called me a week after I applied online on their website, asked some question, overall they were very friendly and explained the hours they needed me to be working for.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Target?
      Could you work on this specific hours?

Answer Question

My schedule could not fit at the moment, but they were really nice during the call-interview

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

The process for the interview is a little bit different than other retail employers. I had to interview with a total of 3 different people. My initial interview was at 10:00am, then I had another interview at 10:15, and the last one around 10:45am. All of the interviewers asked the same question just in a different way. It was very interesting but I believe the interviewers wanted to see if the potential employee was going to change their answers during the interviews. There was also a personality assessment that you can take at the store or online before you come. After my three interviews I was offered the job and started my training for the position the following week.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewing process is the most difficult but not hard because of the similarity of questions.   Answer Question
    I asked was the pay negotiable but it was not due to the position being seasonal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target.

I had my target interview at 9:00am , I got there at 8:45am . Once I got there I went to guest services and told them that I had an interview, he then took me to a computer to fill out a questionnaire (like the one on the application where you're put in a certain situation and have to chose the best /worst answer)that took about 10-15minutes , I then went to guest services again to let them know I was done with the questionnaire, he then told me to go wait at the Starbucks that's inside target . I sat there for about 5 minutes, then a lady came to get me (she was really nice amd made me feel more relaxed ) . We then went into an office and she started interviewing me ,like I said before she made me feel like I could relax and just have a conversation with her . We went over my application , she then started going over my work experience. After that she went over the seasonal cashier position and hours I was willing to work , if I could have a flexible schedule or not and that it pays $10/hr. The first question she asked was "if I were to ask a previous supervisor/teacher what would they say your strengths and weaknesses are ?". Then she asked "why do you want to work at target" . These next questions are out of order but this is what they asked , "tell me about a time when you worked in a group to accomplish a task, and how did it turn out " , " tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how did you resolve that mistake " , " tell my about a time when you had a lot of different tasks you had to accomplish by a certain time and how did you choose which one you were gonna do first " . That was the first interview , then another lady came in and asked the same questions about work experience , experience that can be useful to the Job you're applying for and why you want to work at target and strengths/weaknesses . She then started asking the scenario questions ,"what would you do if you scanned an item and it was 19.99 but the customer said the price tag 17.99" , " A costumer is looking for shoes for her 3 year old son but can't find the specific size . What would you do ? " and the last question was " tell me about a time when you over exceeded someone's expectations , what did you do ? And what was the out come ?". She then had me sign some papers stating that I can leave target at any time before the 90days or target can let you go before the 90 days,and papers about getting a background check . She then told me that I got the job.Now I'm just waiting to get scheduled for orientation. Good luck to those of you that are going in for interviews . Some tips are , don't think about your answers for too long , SMILE , be friendly , and be confident.
    BTW I applied online,I then got a call about a week later on 11/11/14 ,missed that call called back on 11/12/14 scheduled an interview for Thursday 11/13/14 and got hired that same day .

Schedule

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online and they called me the next week and did a screening (kinda unexpected, i was caught off guard) The lady asked why i wanted to work at target and what my availability was like. Then she set me up with a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview was about 10-15 min long, your typical strength & weakness, situational questions. Then he set me up with an in store interview for the next day. I went and had to answer more questions at their computer kiosks. Then was directed to the back room to watch a video and had the interview after that. He just asked questions similar to the phone interview and offered me the job on the spot. I have orientation next week. & i have 2 years exp cashiering in a restaurant if that helps.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

The interview was very laid back, but stay on your game. All the managers were very nice and caring. It started out with a phone interview then a face to face interview. Next day came in to meet another manager was asked a few questions and was told how to sell red cards. A week or so later started orientation.

Interview Questions
    • They were all fairly easy just do your research and you should be okay.
      A time where you provided great customer service?

Answer Question
    Minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manahawkin, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manahawkin, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

Three part interview. General questions, more in depth questions and then hiring or not. Three different people interviewed me to get (what I can only assume we're) separate opinions. The last woman said "They're telling me to go ahead an hire you. Your orientation is next Friday, have red shirt and khakis on at the interview."

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you got things done on time in a brief time period.   View Answer
    • What would you say are your strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer
    • Explain a time when you were in a position of power.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Delran, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Delran, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Target in November 2014.

Online application. Called in a couple days to schedule an interview. They are given a packet with questions to use so all the questions are on this site. If you don't get it then email you.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

Went in, and had to wait in a waiting room for about 15 minutes before I had my first interview. Lasted about 45 minutes. Very nice manager, asked basic interview questions. Got a second interview, and had to go back to the waiting room for another 15 minutes then I was taken to another room to watch a video. After that, I talked to the second manager for about 20 minutes, who pretty much just asked me about my availability.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online and got a call a day later and got a phone interview. The questions were pretty easy like "Why Target?" and also questions about my availability. I got scheduled for an interview the next day. When I got there, I was told to fill out a questionnaire on the computers and then I was taken to HR for the interview. The first interview was easy as well, basically asking about my availability and situational questions like "Describe a time when you had to work together as a team to achieve a common goal." I had another interview and it was also basic behavioral questions like "What would you do if a guest can't find a certain shoe size?". If you have experience working as a team or a job then you should do fine on the interview. I also got offered a job on the spot.

No negotiation