Target

35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

TPS Or Hardlines Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – First i received a phone interview which lasted about 10 minutes. The person was very friendly and out going. Usually they will ask you questions from their paper work. here are the questions they asked through the phone interview so you can practice them :)
-Tell me a time when you went above and beyond to complete a task?
-Tell me a project that you had to do?
-Tell me a time where you had lots of things to do at the same time and how did you handle it?
-Tell me your biggest accomplishment?
-Streghts and weaknesses?
-Why target?
i applied for TPS but got a job offered for hardlines/cashier. I really wanted to be tps but the guy who was incharge of hiring the new tps ,hired someone from his own race ( not fair a know but thats life)

After that interview they will call you for another interview ,this time the AP "manager" is the one who makes you the interview in person. He was a cool person ,however, he dicided to hire some one his own race which sucked.
He basically asked the same questions that the person in the phone interview asked you. What would you do if a customer doesnt find a size pair of shoes she wants? what will you do?

after that they will call you for a job offer which they set a date for you to go to the store again and dicuss your wage .Then you get called to go for orentation which lasts about 4 hrs. Then they train you for 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Tell me a project that you had to do?
tell me about yourself
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i was suppose to get a job offered for TPS but ended up getting an offer for hardlines.

Line Leader Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2010.

Interview Details – Nice and painless. The recruiter didn't wade any time and the package was well laid out. Made to feel very comfortable during the process.

Interview Question – Asked if you minded working weekends and holidays. Obviously I am ok with that. It is a retail store   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really isn't one

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted after doing a presentation for some Target officials during my senior year project. They suggested I apply for the entry-level Manager position at a Target store.

I was quickly contacted to set up a phone interview. The girl was a few minutes late calling me. She was a liaison between my school and Target. After the phone interview, she passed me along to an actual Target Corporate Recruiter.

The recruiter set up an in-person interview the next week. The current Store Manager interviewed me for the position. There were no unexpected questions - the typical strengths/weaknesses, tell me about a mistake, how would you resolve conflicts, etc... questions. Unfortunately, I was sick for the interview, so my energy-level was low. Despite this, she moved me onto the next step of the process.

The next step is a really long online aptitude test that assesses your management, behavioral, and even math/analytical skills. It took over an hour to complete.

Apparently, I didn't do well on the test so I got a generic rejection email later that week.

Interview Question – Most questions are pretty basic. Just be prepared to bring the fast, fun and friendly attitude that Target is looking for!   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in September 2011.

Interview Details – 3 interviews each consisting of 5 behavior questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a problem you solved creatively.
Tell about a time you mentored someone.
Tell me about a time you used a strength to solve a problem.
Tell me about a time you had multiple tasks in a limited amount of time.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation whatsoever….

Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was an internal promotion so the process was a little different. First step was a phone interview going over the following: about me, strengths/opps, 5 Situation/Behavior/Outcome questions.
Second interview with the District Team Leader, same type of interview as first.
Third interview over the phone with the Human Resources manager. Same type of interview as the previous two.

Interview Question – Just have 5-7 solid behavior examples that you can mold to answer the question. Know they are looking for specific behaviors (ie tell me about a time you disagreed with a peer or superior. How did you handle the situation. They are looking to see if you can demonstrate courage/relate well to others) so make sure you answer the question accordingly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't try.

Pharmacist Interview

Pharmacist
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Target in May 2009.

Interview Details – Prescreening process is done to eliminate candidates they deem unsuitable for the job.Questions are also designed to see if the job seeker will be a good fit for the company.

Interview Question – How did you handle internal conflict at your old job>   Answer Question

Cashier/Floor Team Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online for several different stores and positions and received a call from one of the stores and was given a pre-screening phone interview on the spot, which took about 5 minutes.

I was asked 3 questions:

Why do you want to work at Target?
What skills can you bring to this position?
What is your availability?

I was told I would hear back from them by the end of the week if I am selected for an interview. I never heard back and didn't receive any rejection e-mail from them.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Target?   View Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in July 2013.

Interview Details – i applied during the weekend and then i got a call on monday and the guy asked simple questions like my flexibility and i was told someone form hr will get in touch with me in 5 to 7days

Front End Team Member Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Target in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied after going into store and asking if they were hiring. Received a call 2 days later to schedule a phone interview the next day. Phone interview was very simple, mostly questions about previous retail experience, which I did not have but answered to best of my ability. After about 4 days, I called the hiring manager and asked if I could come in for a face to face interview, which she scheduled for the following Thursday. The interview day came and it was an interview with easy questions, mostly about how one would respond to a certain situation with a customer. I was hired the next day and told to take a drug test.

Interview Question – Describe how you would deal with an angry customer who wants something done that the store cannot do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, minimum wage.

Logistics Interview

Logistics
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in June 2011.

Interview Details – Anywhere from 1-2 interviews, 1 if you are lucky. I had 3 interviews. It was a drawn out questioning process where they ask you specific who-what-when-where-why questions about the most random things. Probably to check your body language and how quick you are able to drum up an answer on the spot.

Interview Question – Where were you the last time you had to solve a problem? How did you solve it? How many times did you participate with others in a team in the last month? What did you accomplish?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was okay

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 35 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.