Target Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target (DeKalb, IL).

Interview

2 interviews, one on campus and one in the DC. Received a tour of the facility with 6 other interviewees prior to the second interview. Seems like a good place to work, but decided to take another offer instead.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Same as you seen on here, phone screen, tell me about yourself, why target, and 4 behavioral questions. PRACTICE! and ask questions! Ask about the position, and engage with the recruiter. My first interview was 7 mins and second one was 22 mins. It was two recruiters which was weird. The online assessment was HORRIBLE!! I guessed almost on everything and it was time consuming!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a disagreement with your supervisor but kept it professional?
      Tell me a time when you made a mistake with an impact?

Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

F2 f interview with the sales manager was very good at weeding out candidates. Was fair in his questions however did have a problems with individuals thagt did not have much experience in retail

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

There were 4 separate interviews. They were all very friendly and easy going. They told me the interview would take 15 minutes but they ended up giving mr 2 interviews on the same day. Be prepared to be there much longer than 15 minutes! . I dressed business casual and it seemed appropriate. I didn't wear a suit however.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I had three interviews: two phone interviews and an in-person interview. They ended up calling me to cancel the in-person interview and switch it to another phone interview because the person couldn't be in the office that day; so they never saw me in person which I thought was strange and could have been attributed to me not getting an offer.

After the first interview, they sent me an online quiz to take and that determined whether they would call you for the second and third interview. I must have passed because I received a second and third interview.

Each interview comprised of four behavioral questions. In the beginning, they would ask to tell them more about yourself; and then they would go in to the behav. questions. They all start with: "Describe a time when..." After those four questions, that was the end of the interview.

It was an extremely long process. It took them a few days since I submitted my application online for them to schedule the interview. The first interview was scheduled very quickly, but then I had to wait a week to schedule the second and third at the same time.They were going to be "out of the office" for a full week so I had about a two week waiting period until the second and the third interviews happened. Then I waited a full week for them to tell me I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to change your day-to-day activities to meet a long term goal   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target (Tinley Park, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I went in for first interview and was told to come back for second interview. I spoke to four different people during my second. Was required to watch a video on store. Asked about 8 different scenarios questions of how you would do this or that.

ETL Target Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Wheaton, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Friendly. A few behavioral questions. A lot of time for questions at the end. 30 minutes or less. I was wanting to keep my options open for either a summer internship or the ETL position. Interviewer was really pushing for the ETL position and did not seem to actually listen to what I was trying to tell him about my career goals. Overall the interviewer was friendly and knowledgable about Target. Answered all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you provided outstanding customer service.   Answer Question
    • When did you make a mistake that costed a group/oganization?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was really fast, at least how I went through it. It's based on three interviews with four questions each. All situational or behavior-based. The further down the interview process, the more difficult the people you interview with. Interviews are capped at a 30 minute maximum.

Workflow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target (Gurnee, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online then the next day I got a call from human resources asking me when is a good time for a phone interview, I chose the closes date, than the manager that interviewed me set up a date for an in store interview, after that you get an email for orientation

Interview Questions

• Most questions were average about past jobs and skills, but an odd question caught me off guard, it was say your working at the register and A customer with 2 screaming kids tells you one of the items is ringing up wrong, she was sure that the item was on sale, so you're left with no other employee to help you, how would you settle this? My thoughts was i never been a cashier this question is gonna kill me   Answer Question
    • After I got my email stating my schedule for my orientation, I called HR letting them know I received the date, she told me that my orientation will be a later date and that they will call me, is that a bad thing?   Answer Question

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target (Evanston, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through university recruitment. I met the recruiter at the career fair and submitted my resume online through the university career services site. They reached out to me about a week later for an interview on campus. It was 30 minutes all behavioral. Before the interview, I had to complete an online reasoning and behavioral assessment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced conflict working in a group   Answer Question