Target Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.6

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Came in around 11 PM, had two interviews. 2nd interview I believe was with the Team Lead. Most of the questions were basically situational questions that I was involved with in the past and what you learned from it. Nothing regarding pay, just availablity and hours that would be potentially worked. After the interview was told I would get a phone call tomorrow regarding my status.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you defended yourself in a stressful situation and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Batavia, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Batavia, IL).

Interview

Two separate interviews were conducted, each by a pharmacist. The questions were similar to questions for the entry level position I already held. This was technically an entry level position, so no prior experience was needed, just a will to learn.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used team work to overcome a difficult task?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (DeKalb, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for an Executive Team Leader position because the description said to "join us as an Executive Team Leader in Training". I figured that meant this would be a good out of college position to apply for since it was essentially an Assistant Manager in Training position. Also, though I was a recent college graduate, I also have 10 plus years of work experience in other supervisory or managerial positions. I was immediately denied for the position but then thrown into another category specifically for ETL in Training for the IL/WI/MI area. I then received an email to set up a time to speak with a Target Recruiter. I set the time and received a phone call. I was only asked two questions during the phone call and though the email said it should be 20-30 minutes it was only 10 mins. I was asked what I want to make and to tell them about myself. I even asked them if there was something they thought was missing from my resume that they would like to see for someone applying for this position. The recruiter told me they actually thought I had a great resume with experiences that really resonate with Target. I was told I would hear from them by Monday, I had the phone interview with the recruiter on Thursday and figured this made sense with the weekend approaching. I then received an email on Monday from Target that said they would not be pursing me as a candidate. They are obviously looking for someone very specific. I felt that I would have had better chances if I received a degree specifically in business regardless of my extensive work experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What do you want to make (salary)?   Answer Question

Presentation Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online got a call the next day did my phone interview at the end she scheduled for me to come in for my interview I didn't do the assessment many are talking about I think they forgot to have me do it anyways first interview about 10mins it was very easy second interview was about 15-20 minutes it was slightly easy just make sure to stay confident and ask them to repeat questions if need be I messed up on one question so then she said she would have someone else meet with me so a day goes by they call me ask me to come in for a meet and greet I took it as a interview and I'm glad I did because that's what it was he asked me the same questions and a few new ones he then told me to sit out in the front and wait for him while he chatted with someone , he then comes out to say the lady is not there they will give me a call in a week so i really don't know what that means because the manger of the store is on vacation but anyways I will keep all updated just remember have confidence and also apply to other jobs like I am because I feel it was a bit much to have that many interviews lol they try to make it like the job is very hard and that they don't hire externals for the position which may very well be true but I don't think that many interviews are necessary. Good Luck!!! Update:- I Did Not Get The Job! I went into the 3rd interview and they asked the same questions as my 1st and 2nd interview and was told to sit outside while they see if they can offer me a position came back and told me I would get a call in a week or 2 , so I got a email 2 days later they told me they do not hire externals for the presentation team member position , I was a bit frustrated because they wasted my time but good luck everybody

Interview Questions

• What is your strength and opportunity?   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

Interview

Very easy and simple. The lady over the phone was very warming and enthusiastic helping me to calm my nerves. All questions were questions about what you have done with other employers or even every day life. Nothing to worry about. Waiting for my second interview tomorrow

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (DeKalb, IL).

Interview

2 interviews, one on campus and one in the DC. Received a tour of the facility with 6 other interviewees prior to the second interview. Seems like a good place to work, but decided to take another offer instead.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Same as you seen on here, phone screen, tell me about yourself, why target, and 4 behavioral questions. PRACTICE! and ask questions! Ask about the position, and engage with the recruiter. My first interview was 7 mins and second one was 22 mins. It was two recruiters which was weird. The online assessment was HORRIBLE!! I guessed almost on everything and it was time consuming!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a disagreement with your supervisor but kept it professional? Tell me a time when you made a mistake with an impact?   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Naperville, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a brief phone interview to make sure I was still interested and available the correct times. Came in for a 20 question quiz on the computers in guest services. Some of the questions had glitched and were showing random characters instead of actual answers, nobody at the store knew what was going on with the quiz. Spoke with a team member to answer the standard questions about working at Target and received a phone call offering the position a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Glenview, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

i went into a office and they asked me questions i had to dress up. i had two interviews and if you passed the first one you go for another interview

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

There were 4 separate interviews. They were all very friendly and easy going. They told me the interview would take 15 minutes but they ended up giving mr 2 interviews on the same day. Be prepared to be there much longer than 15 minutes! . I dressed business casual and it seemed appropriate. I didn't wear a suit however.