Target Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.6

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target (Batavia, IL).

Interview

Two separate interviews were conducted, each by a pharmacist. The questions were similar to questions for the entry level position I already held. This was technically an entry level position, so no prior experience was needed, just a will to learn.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used team work to overcome a difficult task?   Answer Question

Presentation Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online got a call the next day did my phone interview at the end she scheduled for me to come in for my interview I didn't do the assessment many are talking about I think they forgot to have me do it anyways first interview about 10mins it was very easy second interview was about 15-20 minutes it was slightly easy just make sure to stay confident and ask them to repeat questions if need be I messed up on one question so then she said she would have someone else meet with me so a day goes by they call me ask me to come in for a meet and greet I took it as a interview and I'm glad I did because that's what it was he asked me the same questions and a few new ones he then told me to sit out in the front and wait for him while he chatted with someone , he then comes out to say the lady is not there they will give me a call in a week so i really don't know what that means because the manger of the store is on vacation but anyways I will keep all updated just remember have confidence and also apply to other jobs like I am because I feel it was a bit much to have that many interviews lol they try to make it like the job is very hard and that they don't hire externals for the position which may very well be true but I don't think that many interviews are necessary. Good Luck!!! Update:- I Did Not Get The Job! I went into the 3rd interview and they asked the same questions as my 1st and 2nd interview and was told to sit outside while they see if they can offer me a position came back and told me I would get a call in a week or 2 , so I got a email 2 days later they told me they do not hire externals for the presentation team member position , I was a bit frustrated because they wasted my time but good luck everybody

Interview Questions

• What is your strength and opportunity?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target (DeKalb, IL).

Interview

2 interviews, one on campus and one in the DC. Received a tour of the facility with 6 other interviewees prior to the second interview. Seems like a good place to work, but decided to take another offer instead.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Same as you seen on here, phone screen, tell me about yourself, why target, and 4 behavioral questions. PRACTICE! and ask questions! Ask about the position, and engage with the recruiter. My first interview was 7 mins and second one was 22 mins. It was two recruiters which was weird. The online assessment was HORRIBLE!! I guessed almost on everything and it was time consuming!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a disagreement with your supervisor but kept it professional? Tell me a time when you made a mistake with an impact?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

F2 f interview with the sales manager was very good at weeding out candidates. Was fair in his questions however did have a problems with individuals thagt did not have much experience in retail

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

There were 4 separate interviews. They were all very friendly and easy going. They told me the interview would take 15 minutes but they ended up giving mr 2 interviews on the same day. Be prepared to be there much longer than 15 minutes! . I dressed business casual and it seemed appropriate. I didn't wear a suit however.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I had three interviews: two phone interviews and an in-person interview. They ended up calling me to cancel the in-person interview and switch it to another phone interview because the person couldn't be in the office that day; so they never saw me in person which I thought was strange and could have been attributed to me not getting an offer. After the first interview, they sent me an online quiz to take and that determined whether they would call you for the second and third interview. I must have passed because I received a second and third interview. Each interview comprised of four behavioral questions. In the beginning, they would ask to tell them more about yourself; and then they would go in to the behav. questions. They all start with: "Describe a time when..." After those four questions, that was the end of the interview. It was an extremely long process. It took them a few days since I submitted my application online for them to schedule the interview. The first interview was scheduled very quickly, but then I had to wait a week to schedule the second and third at the same time.They were going to be "out of the office" for a full week so I had about a two week waiting period until the second and the third interviews happened. Then I waited a full week for them to tell me I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to change your day-to-day activities to meet a long term goal   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was really fast, at least how I went through it. It's based on three interviews with four questions each. All situational or behavior-based. The further down the interview process, the more difficult the people you interview with. Interviews are capped at a 30 minute maximum.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Streamwood, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Target (Streamwood, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

2 consecutive interviews face-to-face. First with a team lead. The second one was with a Executive team lead. They extend you an offer that same day after both interviews. Takes a while to go through background check after that and get to orientation.

Interview Questions

• If you had disagreement with a co-worker but you had to work on a project together, how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target (Tinley Park, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I went in for first interview and was told to come back for second interview. I spoke to four different people during my second. Was required to watch a video on store. Asked about 8 different scenarios questions of how you would do this or that.