Target

Average Difficulty
76 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wheeling, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in August 2013.

Interview Details – They called me to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 10 questions all which you had to answer extensively. There is a website that lists all potential Target interview questions and all the ones I was asked were on that list.

Interview Question – The dreaded "what are your best and worst qualities?"   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Store Associate
Wheeling, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in August 2013.

Interview Details – Website very detailed- Interview with HR and Store Manager was predictable. Both were pleasant and asked questions related to the job.

Interview Question – On line math test was unexpected. Some questions required a calculator to answer in the time alotted   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Tinley Park, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in April 2010.

Interview Details – You have to regularly check the website for openings. It opens up and closes down quickly. It doesn't hurt to follow your online application with a phone call(give it 24 hrs. for processing), the Team Service Center will pull your application if you sound polite and professional on the phone. The interview is a very typical behavioral interview. Tell me about a time you...worked as a team toward a common goal, had too much to do and not enough time, overcame an unexpected or adverse situation and turned it into a positive result, had to deal with a difficult person....

Interview Question – None. Go in prepared with a few accomplishments and examples of good work behaviors in mind. Be poised and confident. If you have made it to the interview and have good availability(nights and weekends), you will get hired. It's Target, it's minimum wage, don't overthink it!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is none. It is minimum wage. I have 16 years of district level retail management but you start at minimum wage for part time seasonal help. Everyone is hired as seasonal help for the first 90 days.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Gurnee, IL

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – It was overall very typical but very friendly. They ask about your previous jobs, school, goals, etc. They also will give you three scenarios they want you to answer/talk about. I remember one question they asked was "when was they last time you received amazing service and what made it amazing?"

Interview Question – None of them were difficult, just be honest and keep your cool.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much of a negotiation- they tell you what you will be paid and that's that.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in July 2013.

Interview Details – i applied during the weekend and then i got a call on monday and the guy asked simple questions like my flexibility and i was told someone form hr will get in touch with me in 5 to 7days

Front End Team Member Interview

Front End Team Member
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Target in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied after going into store and asking if they were hiring. Received a call 2 days later to schedule a phone interview the next day. Phone interview was very simple, mostly questions about previous retail experience, which I did not have but answered to best of my ability. After about 4 days, I called the hiring manager and asked if I could come in for a face to face interview, which she scheduled for the following Thursday. The interview day came and it was an interview with easy questions, mostly about how one would respond to a certain situation with a customer. I was hired the next day and told to take a drug test.

Interview Question – Describe how you would deal with an angry customer who wants something done that the store cannot do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, minimum wage.

Logistics Interview

Logistics
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in June 2011.

Interview Details – Anywhere from 1-2 interviews, 1 if you are lucky. I had 3 interviews. It was a drawn out questioning process where they ask you specific who-what-when-where-why questions about the most random things. Probably to check your body language and how quick you are able to drum up an answer on the spot.

Interview Question – Where were you the last time you had to solve a problem? How did you solve it? How many times did you participate with others in a team in the last month? What did you accomplish?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was okay

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in June 2009.

Interview Details – Walked in to apply. They interviewed me quickly. Interviewed with several people. I was offered the job.

Reason for Declining – The pay was too low.

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in April 2012.

Interview Details – the interview process is about 5 interviews mostly phone , but a 1 will be in person. They use the STAR method of interviwing ( google it ) , and the process happens fairly quickly. Be prepared to take a drug test within 24 hrs notice

Interview Question – think about a time when you failed at something , and how did you make it better   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Just got hired a couple of weeks ago for 50k BOOYAH! The interviews were all pretty similar. I had 1 phone interview with a campus recruiter, another phone interview with a store team leader, an in-person interview with a district team leader, and then a final phone interview with an HR manager. Everyone is pretty awesome.. they were all nice and professional and made the interview feel somewhat engaging. All the questions are on here.. if you are a fun person and have experience managing people and/or are a recent college grad then you should be fine. I don't graduate until May, but got the job. I have 5 years of serving experience, 2 years managingl, and 4 years running my own business. All of which helped, however, if you have relevant experience where you work with a diverse team of people then you should be good. Be yourself, give them examples of times that you were the boss and ran that ish. Even if you have to fabricate a little bit, they want you to give them the idea that you will be able to deliver..

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer follow up questions regarding the answers that you give. No questions were really crazy hard or anything but if you do fabricate a story you better be a thinker on the fly! GOOD LUCK!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.. Having your name sent out asking for more money when you havent even started there yet seemed kinda stupid to me. I didn't want to put a bad taste in any ones mouth. Plus if you are good then you will make bonus and get promoted so I stuck with my fifty g's.