Target

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.6

83 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target in June 2012.

I was referred by a friend who recently accepted an ETL position. I completed an online profile. I received an email with a link to the assessment. It was an online test with a lot of questions. They were personality, logic, analytic and management based. Very long, but I found them not to be too difficult as long as you have scratch paper.
     Few days later I received an email to set up a phone interview. I had that interview about a week later with an STL. I prepared by looking at this site. All the questions he asked were on here. It was relaxing and I felt confident. The next day I received an email that I was moving on in the process. I was to have 2 in person interviews. One with the DTL and one with HR. The next available time was about 3 weeks later. I prepped the same way: having my "power" stories ready, coming up with a 60 second commercial. Mostly used this site and the Target site for tips. VERY helpful. I didn't feel confident leaving those interviews. I had wished that I said things a different way or said more. Very professional interviews. I didnt feel comfortable with the DTL till it was my turn to ask her questions. I left thinking that I didnt get it.
    I got a call the next morning to set up a final phone interview that afternoon. It was with HR. Just a few last questions about strengths and weaknesses, why I wanted the job, etc. About 15 minutes. She was very personable. I felt confident. The next morning I received a call offering me the job! Contingent on a drug test and background check of course.

I had a great experience interviewing with Target. It took a bit longer than I expected but everyone I met along the way was very friendly and genuinely enjoy working for Target.

I think as long as you are prepared and friendly it should go well. Have a few stories that you can mold to apply to different questions. I was consistent with my examples throughout the process. I made sure that each situation was stated clearly and included my actions and the positive results. Keep a smile on your face and be excited. They also love when you ask them questions. It shows you are very interested in the job. That goes for any interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you made a mistake   View Answers (4)
    • Tell me about a time you came up with a creative solution to a problem   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were on a team that needed to reach a common goal   Answer Question
    • Why Target? Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years? Give me your 60 second commercial.   Answer Question
    • What is leadership?   Answer Question
    They offered me $48,000 and full benefits. I believe that is the starting pay for an ETL. It is much more than I ever would have imagined for my first job out of college so I did not negotiate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in April 2012.

the interview process is about 5 interviews mostly phone , but a 1 will be in person. They use the STAR method of interviwing ( google it ) , and the process happens fairly quickly. Be prepared to take a drug test within 24 hrs notice

Interview Questions
    • think about a time when you failed at something , and how did you make it better   Answer Question
    none

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in March 2012.

I applied online and scheduled an interview as soon as the application was complete. I had two in-person interviews. The first was with an HR member, the second was a week later with a sales manager. Most of the questions were basic questions about past experience and how I handle certain situations. Setting was pretty laid back.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in January 2012.

I had a Phone interview and then was asked to come in for interview on monday, but to do some tests online before hand. Did 3 interviews on monday and said they will get back to me on Friday. Heard nothing so called and said they are still interviewing other people and they will let me know next week.

Got offered another job at another company so not sure if I should accept that one or wait until Target calls me..

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you did not agree with a company rule...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target in December 2011.

Behavioral interviews. Want to know exactly how a person would operate in specific situations. If you were ever part of a team, this interview will be easy for you. Asked for a GPA, reviewed resume and cover letter.You are asked the same questions over and over. Interviewers are very friendly, easy to talk to. Be sure to write down potential questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to tell a teammate about his/her poor performance.   Answer Question

Target Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hodgkins, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hodgkins, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in November 2011.

ETLs mostly looking for friendly people with open availability. Wear store appropriate clothing and a winning smile for first impression. Talk about your ability to be a part of a team!

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any. I think their interviews are industry standard.   Answer Question
    Standard/simple. Very little salary wiggle room for those at the front end of the store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2011.

When I interviewed I talked to a very nice lady. She was very upbeat and supportive of Targets company overall. One of the questions that she asked me during the interview process were where do you see yourself in 5 years? Another question was what was a difficult decision that you had to make? Overall the interview process was not terrible but they like to ask a lot of behavior question during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    • What was a difficult decision that you have had to make in your life?   View Answer

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in October 2011.

I was called 8:00am Saturday asking if I can come in for an interview at 8:00 am I said yes so I got there by 7:50 it was 2 others standing outside waiting the lady unlocked the door and took us to the back room. We waited for about 20 minutes and a girl gave us a packet with questions thats usually on a application. Since I've done so many apps I already knew the best answers. The questions were difficult to some people at the interview. The girl came back and took the packet if you were done. The order we finished in was the order you went to get interviewed. The first girl was nice and asked basic situational questions and I had to sigh an agreement on my availability. After that I went to sit back in the area for another 15 minutes. They were very slow with the interviews. Another lady who was rushing interviewed me. I felt the need to hirry up and not answer the questions completely. She then told me to go wait for a HR to meet with me. It took another 5 minutes we went back into the first room I was interviewed and she told me that if I passed the drug test I got the job. Then I signed all the pre-employment papers and she said if the test was negative she will call me for orientation. Yay me!

None its seasonal

Store Executive Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in September 2011.

I was offered an interview at my university's career fair. The interview was held about a week later at a Target store in the area...who knew they had offices in the front of their stores?? Another applicant and I were slated to interview at the same time, so I had to wait. There were only five questions and so the interview took about twenty minutes. All of the questions were behavioral. There's also an online personality test I had to take at home.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a quick decision.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake in the workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in September 2011.

The behavioral questions on here are pretty much on point. Study all behavioral questions before going to interview and PRACTICE!