Target Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.7

80 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in March 2012.

I applied online and scheduled an interview as soon as the application was complete. I had two in-person interviews. The first was with an HR member, the second was a week later with a sales manager. Most of the questions were basic questions about past experience and how I handle certain situations. Setting was pretty laid back.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in January 2012.

I had a Phone interview and then was asked to come in for interview on monday, but to do some tests online before hand. Did 3 interviews on monday and said they will get back to me on Friday. Heard nothing so called and said they are still interviewing other people and they will let me know next week.

Got offered another job at another company so not sure if I should accept that one or wait until Target calls me..

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you did not agree with a company rule...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target in December 2011.

Behavioral interviews. Want to know exactly how a person would operate in specific situations. If you were ever part of a team, this interview will be easy for you. Asked for a GPA, reviewed resume and cover letter.You are asked the same questions over and over. Interviewers are very friendly, easy to talk to. Be sure to write down potential questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to tell a teammate about his/her poor performance.   Answer Question

Target Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hodgkins, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hodgkins, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in November 2011.

ETLs mostly looking for friendly people with open availability. Wear store appropriate clothing and a winning smile for first impression. Talk about your ability to be a part of a team!

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any. I think their interviews are industry standard.   Answer Question
    Standard/simple. Very little salary wiggle room for those at the front end of the store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2011.

When I interviewed I talked to a very nice lady. She was very upbeat and supportive of Targets company overall. One of the questions that she asked me during the interview process were where do you see yourself in 5 years? Another question was what was a difficult decision that you had to make? Overall the interview process was not terrible but they like to ask a lot of behavior question during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    • What was a difficult decision that you have had to make in your life?   View Answer

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in October 2011.

I was called 8:00am Saturday asking if I can come in for an interview at 8:00 am I said yes so I got there by 7:50 it was 2 others standing outside waiting the lady unlocked the door and took us to the back room. We waited for about 20 minutes and a girl gave us a packet with questions thats usually on a application. Since I've done so many apps I already knew the best answers. The questions were difficult to some people at the interview. The girl came back and took the packet if you were done. The order we finished in was the order you went to get interviewed. The first girl was nice and asked basic situational questions and I had to sigh an agreement on my availability. After that I went to sit back in the area for another 15 minutes. They were very slow with the interviews. Another lady who was rushing interviewed me. I felt the need to hirry up and not answer the questions completely. She then told me to go wait for a HR to meet with me. It took another 5 minutes we went back into the first room I was interviewed and she told me that if I passed the drug test I got the job. Then I signed all the pre-employment papers and she said if the test was negative she will call me for orientation. Yay me!

None its seasonal

Store Executive Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in September 2011.

I was offered an interview at my university's career fair. The interview was held about a week later at a Target store in the area...who knew they had offices in the front of their stores?? Another applicant and I were slated to interview at the same time, so I had to wait. There were only five questions and so the interview took about twenty minutes. All of the questions were behavioral. There's also an online personality test I had to take at home.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a quick decision.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake in the workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in September 2011.

The behavioral questions on here are pretty much on point. Study all behavioral questions before going to interview and PRACTICE!

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in September 2011.

Applied online and got a phone call for an interview about a month later. They were hiring for seasonal cashiers. Went in for an interview on Friday. The first interview seemed to go well.it was very laid back and the interviewer was super friendly. I was then moved to another office where I waited for about fifteen minutes for an HR represenative to interview me. She was also very friendly and asked the same type of situational questions and asked about personal experiences. At the end of the interview she asked if I would be interested in working at the service desk as well and if I had experience with doing returns. I told her I wouldn't mind and was comfortable with both. She told me they were conducting interviews throughout the week and would be in touch with me. I'm assuming I didn't get the position because I have read they offer you the job on spot and send you for drug testing. I mentioned in my interview their cashier. Motto :fast, fun and friendly and was asked if I had ever worked there. I revealed my brother worked there for several years and tipped me off. Perhaps they didn't like that.

Interview Questions
    • How would a former employee describe your strentghs and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in September 2011.

After filling out the online application, I was contacted, in person, by a representative of the store. When I got to the store I was told to go to the application computer station and re-file information and re-take a personality test. The test consisted of questions about how to handle workplace situations. I made it past the first interview and felt I did well on the second with the HR person. When I did't hear anything I called the HR person to inquire and left a couple of messages that were not returned. A few days later I received an email from corporate telling me "Thank you for applying." I was very disappointed at how interview process was handled.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to work beyond your potential.   Answer Question